UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

I hope Cherry soon feels brighter. How annoying about the lights, take them back and give them what for!

My son isn't coming, he's deferred to his wife's wishes which I suppose is as it should be. :mecry:

:GroupHug: I hope it's for the right reasons, apologies but it sounded a little manipulative. I hope I read it wrong though and that there is a real reason for her fear. :GroupHug:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: Suzeanna :GroupHug:

:flowers: :GroupHug: For anyone else who needs them today.

I have just got back with Cherry! Waited an hour as she had to be discharged by a vet, but vet seemed to be seeing everyone else who came after me :angry: Then had to wait for meds etc.

Anyway, she seems ok, not being sick, she just thinks she can do more than she is able and then stops dead, looking like she might just fall asleep. :rolleyes: She has had some chicken too. :wub:

Suzeanna, how disappointing for you. I hope you can plan something lovely for the weekend to take your mind off it a bit :GroupHug:

How is Princess Cherry this morning :wub:

Alex, I'm with you in the tired corner again this morning. I don't know what's going on, all my life I've been a good sleeper but now, sheesh. It's like a battle with myself :wacko:

Morning :flowers:

Sorry you're having such bad sleepless nights Alex and JulesB. :flowers:

Cherry is up and about this morning, though she doesn't like the buster collar :rolleyes: I have to go to work this morning, but have the afternoon off. She can have a break from it then :wub:

whats the best fly zapper? they are driving me mad!

I have never managed to find an electronic zapper that does any good. I still find the best thing is the good old fashioned sticky fly papers. Not pretty but they do the job and you can now get pretty patterns and scented ones if you look around.

Would be interested to see if anyone else has found things that work.

:GroupHug: I hope it's for the right reasons, apologies but it sounded a little manipulative. I hope I read it wrong though and that there is a real reason for her fear. :GroupHug:

A friend of mine said the same thing, I think you are both right. She likes her own way and makes sure she gets it. He didn't want her mum to move in with them, she did. Their westie died and he said wait a while but no she wanted another dog straight away..got a yorkie, which she changed her mind about within a month, now got another westie. She wanted a rabbit, ok...then another. Now she says they are too much trouble to look after as she has a two year old and her mum. Erm..you knew that when you wanted the blasted rabbits! Oh..and the pup chases them. Surely not, a terrier chasing rabbits??? My son comes home after a hard hot days work as a welder and has to get his own meal because she's too tired! :mad: Oh dear..this has turned into a full on rant, my apologies!

:GroupHug: Suzeanna sorry your son didn't come up. your DIL sounds a bit of a cow...sorry! if i ever needed to move a sick relative in i would hope that i would realise how lucky i was (especially if they are ill tempered) in them allowing me to move them in and would therefore allow them their freedom (hope that makes sense) as for your lad needing to get his own dinner...does she not eat then? all i do is get mine and leave enough on a plate for whoever wants it and they lob it in the microwave...far from ideal but saves starting from scratch after a day at work.

glad Cherry is o.k :flowers:

Merledogs and Julesb you pair will have to start counting sheep!

i am sweating like mad, my neighbours have a wasp nest out the back... diez is allergic to stings so all windows and doors are to be kept shut and a very close eye has to be kept on her when she goes for a wee :rolleyes: she nearly died last time she was stung :mecry:

A friend of mine said the same thing, I think you are both right. She likes her own way and makes sure she gets it. He didn't want her mum to move in with them, she did. Their westie died and he said wait a while but no she wanted another dog straight away..got a yorkie, which she changed her mind about within a month, now got another westie. She wanted a rabbit, ok...then another. Now she says they are too much trouble to look after as she has a two year old and her mum. Erm..you knew that when you wanted the blasted rabbits! Oh..and the pup chases them. Surely not, a terrier chasing rabbits??? My son comes home after a hard hot days work as a welder and has to get his own meal because she's too tired! :mad: Oh dear..this has turned into a full on rant, my apologies!

Rant away, it's good to release. I am sorry to hear what you have said though. Maybe, like Mother, like daughter? It sounds like your son needs to make a stand and ride out the anguish it causes. Not easy though and a real shame it impacts your enjoyment of your son and grandchild :GroupHug:

I have never managed to find an electronic zapper that does any good. I still find the best thing is the good old fashioned sticky fly papers. Not pretty but they do the job and you can now get pretty patterns and scented ones if you look around.

Would be interested to see if anyone else has found things that work.

We used to use one that stuck to the window. It was impregnated with insecticide so killed the flies when they walked over it.

These have now been banned under new regulations now so we use the sticky sunflowers that attach to the window. You just have to put up with the sight of flies stuck to them. We also have the long sticky pull out strips hanging from the top of the window. Not pretty but effective.

I was using the flystrips, but thought id try something else. ive just got a citronella candle, see if that works. if not I must be brave and go up the town

im sorry about your son, I hope he gets a backbone (sorry) and tell her she needs to help out, and if he wants to do something he can do it, like she can