UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was "told off" this morning ................ long story which I will bore you with later.

Suffice to say it has (1) upset me (2) given me a headache and © left me incapable of concentrating for more than five seconds at a time 'cause I keep going over 'stuff'.

Hope everyone else is :) :) but have a :GroupHug: if required.

Off to see if I can manage 10 seconds concentration, via a mug of tea - especially as it took me an hour to make my first one this morning!

fantastic news about cherry :biggrin:

good boy Max letting your mum have a lie in!

Lil angel enjoy your leave

Jazz errrr no can't say as my dogs smell metallic...... the only time i noticed a smell like that was when diez was passing blood :unsure:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Mrs B

I was "told off" this morning ................ long story which I will bore you with later.

OK. So, just to bore you, my story goes as follows.

I was helping out with an event (actually, without dogs, so that was probably my first mistake) and at the end of it had to take some stuff back to a Hall, to go in room off the main Hall. When I went in I discovered there was a children’s party going on, which no-one had warned me about in advance, so, I left my (male) helper outside, went and found a female who looked like they knew what they were doing, asked if it was OK to take the stuff through – got the OK, we took everything through in one go, shutting the door to the side room behind us while we put everything away, walked back through the Hall, exchanging pleasantries with one of the guys who was helping out who spoke to us first, neither of us spoke to any of the children ………………… and a complaint has been put in that we walked through a children’s party without asking permission “and it’s gone higher”.

I am now expected to write the letter of apology (not sure who to exactly) and I’m just gutted that I spend my life tying myself in knots over whether or not I can help children when they obviously need help, and when I don’t speak to them, and try to do the right thing by asking permission, I end up being reprimanded. I was asked this morning to write the letter of apology by lunch time today – but on reflection I decided that I needed time to think what I was going to say – and in any case I have actually been at work this morning, so have better things to do than write letters like that in work time (!) So now I have to find the right words to say “sorry” for something I’m not actually “sorry” for at all, over the weekend.

I think I need a night’s sleep first.

Rant over.

OK. So, just to bore you, my story goes as follows.

I was helping out with an event (actually, without dogs, so that was probably my first mistake) and at the end of it had to take some stuff back to a Hall, to go in room off the main Hall. When I went in I discovered there was a children’s party going on, which no-one had warned me about in advance, so, I left my (male) helper outside, went and found a female who looked like they knew what they were doing, asked if it was OK to take the stuff through – got the OK, we took everything through in one go, shutting the door to the side room behind us while we put everything away, walked back through the Hall, exchanging pleasantries with one of the guys who was helping out who spoke to us first, neither of us spoke to any of the children ………………… and a complaint has been put in that we walked through a children’s party without asking permission “and it’s gone higher”.

I am now expected to write the letter of apology (not sure who to exactly) and I’m just gutted that I spend my life tying myself in knots over whether or not I can help children when they obviously need help, and when I don’t speak to them, and try to do the right thing by asking permission, I end up being reprimanded. I was asked this morning to write the letter of apology by lunch time today – but on reflection I decided that I needed time to think what I was going to say – and in any case I have actually been at work this morning, so have better things to do than write letters like that in work time (!) So now I have to find the right words to say “sorry” for something I’m not actually “sorry” for at all, over the weekend.

I think I need a night’s sleep first.

Rant over.

:huh: I would be inclined to word my 'apology' along the lines of - I apologise that speaking to someone prior to moving the items, quickly and with the minimum of fuss and without talking to the children was not sufficient and request that they provide guidelines as to what procedure to follow should you be placed in this situation in the future.

Mrs B - were you helping out on a voluntary basis?

Personally I'd tell them to sod off, why should you apologise when you were not forewarned that there was an event going to be in the hall and nobody in charge told you not to disturb anybody inside? At the end of the day, the buck stops with the organisers, so let them do the arse licking. And tell them that they shouldn't rely on your services in future because you'll be directing them elsewhere. Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I asked for advice on another forum specifically related to a condition I've been diagnosed with. I got two responses from possibly the most patronising jerk I've ever had the misfortune to encounter, which has left me in tears. So I told him he was a patronising tosser and flounced off, which has made me feel a bit better laugh.gif Apparently I'm "enabling" myself to "lower expectations". Gee thanks, you moron.

Apparently I'm "enabling" myself to "lower expectations". Gee thanks, you moron.

What a n*b :laugh:

Mrs B i agree if it was voluntary tell them to s*d off and if not, just do as sanrosscot says :flowers: people get so ar*ey about the most strange things :unsure: