UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

well done Glenn :flowers:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Melredogs and Houndzrus, i hope you both get some decent sleep. Merledogs, what ear plugs do you use?? i have a box full of industrial ones here.... they are so soft and comfy to use.... i had to rely on them when the neighbour above me was up to his tricks...... if you want i can send you some???

another lovely day out there :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look lovely. Not sure how they would cope in the post though. Cake is my absolute fave as my legs and bum will testify.

I feel as my friends I should tell you something. I don't want any hugs and anyone to feel sad. My nephew committed suicide a year ago today. This explains why I am keeping myself deliberately very busy and at times I'm not around.

It's very hot here again today. I'm going to try and get the garden sorted. Fergus loves this kind of weather. He keeps running up to me smiling and making daft noises. Think he'll be joining me.

Michelle, I am really sorry to hear that, keeping yourself busy is good to a point, but I do hope you have allowed yourself time to grieve, mourn and come to terms with your loss. Loss of loved ones is never easy, but suicide has different challenges. Keep your health strong. :flowers:

Jazz, cakes hmmmmm yum yum. I can't find prices though on the site which always puts me off a little

Time to go tidy and sort myself out.

Merledogs, what ear plugs do you use?? i have a box full of industrial ones here.... they are so soft and comfy to use.... i had to rely on them when the neighbour above me was up to his tricks...... if you want i can send you some???

That's very kind of you :liebe94: I have the soft foam industrial ones though, they are quite comfy but I don't like anything foreign touching my body, hence why I don't wear jewellery or a watch.

I feel as my friends I should tell you something. I don't want any hugs and anyone to feel sad. My nephew committed suicide a year ago today. This explains why I am keeping myself deliberately very busy and at times I'm not around.

Michelle, I'm really sorry to hear that :( If there is anything I can do please let me know flowers.gif

RMF : I've been sleeping on the sofa all morning. Only trouble is that the tablets wear off and then I wake up feeling worse than ever. Have just taken another couple. I feel so achy and fluey and full of pain - I'm feeling sorry for myself because I hate being ill mecry.gif

First draft - I've gone for the only thing I would apologise for! Any comments?

"To whom it may concern

I was informed today that a complaint had been made against myself and my colleague concerning our actions on Saturday, 16th July 2011.

By way of explanation I would like to state that I had been given no prior information that the Main Hall would be in use at this particular time, and, if I had I would have sought prior permission to enter the Hall, or, if this was not forthcoming made alternative arrangements.

When I saw through the doors of the Hall, which were both open, that it was in use, I left my colleague outside, whilst I sought permission to go through the Hall. This was freely given by one of the female adults, and was subsequently confirmed by one of the male adults present. My colleague and I made a single trip through the Hall, ensuring the door to the side room was closed whilst we put things away, and left, neither speaking to, nor engaging with any of the children whilst in the Hall.

I take my responsibilities towards the protection of young people extremely seriously, and would therefore like to make an unreserved apology for any distress caused to any of the children, or their parents through my actions.

If anyone wishes to meet with me to enable me to offer an apology in person, I would be willing to do so.

Yours sincerely"

I think the apology letter is perfect (tho i wish you could tell them to get stuffed!)

Alex, i hope you feel much better soon, i've had sciatica for over a week now and only place i could get comfy was in bed, being on tramadol has kicked my m.e so i'm now stuck in bed feeling flu like too, with hot and cold spells/high temp, and the all over aches, i feel your pain!

Thanks guys. :flowers:

It's printed and in my work bag - need to scan it over to She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed in the morning. Ironically, or not, the minute it was printed, my two day headache went! Not sure whether it was the relief of it no longer hanging over me, or the fact that I had succumbed and actually taken TWO paracetemol rather than one a short while ago.

Off to see if either Tigger or Daisy fancy a brush - they're both a tad scruffy just now.

:GroupHug: to the lady who doesn't want one.

Hi folks, have been buzzing about here and there as per usual. Glad Cherry is OK. Hope you feel better soon, Alex. Jacobean, we had a similar loss in our family many years ago so I am thinking of you. If anything I can do, PM me :flowers:

Mrs B, that complaint is the silliest thing I have ever heard. It's total paranoia! But considering the fuss about authors having to have CRB checks to address groups of children accompanied by teachers, I suppose we should not be surprised.

A while ago I offered to take Wispa to track a dog which had gone awol from home not too far away. The people accepted, but when I said I would need to track from the point they last saw him they refused. They said they could not tell me where they lived, not even the road or area, as they had young children. I explained that I am a member of the Doglost team and if they rang the site number they could get confirmation of who I am and that the site owner has known me for years. Fortunately the dog was picked up, strangely with a different collar on. Yet other owners of missing dogs have invited us in for tea and been quite happy for me to talk with their children.