UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

Lil angel :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: no wonder your eye was sore!

Jazz do you not have a blue badge? i haven't applied as i don't go anywhere :laugh: i just send my parents to the shops for me.

i am very very pleased reason to be pleased 1 the pest man has been so the wasp nest is now treated.... i just can't go in the garden for 2 hours so it was a quick dash to let the dogs out before he began :laugh: reason 2 i have a FLOWER on my tomato plant :biggrin: i thought i had done something wrong as the lady who gave me them has had a tomato already

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merledogs did you sleep any better??

A bit better, but still too hot. Thanks for asking :flowers:

I took out my lens and was giving my eye a good rub (i know not the best thing to do) and out fell another half a lens . I have no idea how long thats been in there as Ive assumed Ive been popping out full lenses each evening. Think it prob explains why my eye was sore this morning!

Doh! :laugh:

RMF 1 : My new vacuum has arrived, so I can hoover properly for the first time in weeks!

RMF 2 : I have had to buy a new toaster cos my other one is knackered - thankfully I had some Argos vouchers left cos I've had to pay my car tax, plus a new hoover this month, so am skint.

RMF 3 : My buddleia has arrived and it has flowers which smell luffly :wub: I am going to see if I can split it so I can make more than one plant, but if not then I can take cuttings because apparently they are fairly easy to propagate.

RMF 3 : My buddleia has arrived and it has flowers which smell luffly :wub: I am going to see if I can split it so I can make more than one plant, but if not then I can take cuttings because apparently they are fairly easy to propagate.

Celeste on here advised me to get one to stop the brats next door climbing and teasing the dogs, she said they grow quickly and spread well too..... i couldn't get one as the bees and wasps would come to the flowers.

Suonds lovely Alex. I got a variagated one at a plant sale recently, it's got deep purple flowers, I can't wait to see it next year.

Griff, you could try a Berberis to deter the kids - grows fairly fast and has the most deliciously long thorns on it :biggrin: And it has lovely berries for the birds too.

thanks jules i shall google that :biggrin:

Jazz, do you have a oil burner?? i use olbas oil in my wheelie bin to stop flies and it seems effective so could you add a few drops of olbas to water in a oil burner? just be careful how long you leave it burning

Suonds lovely Alex. I got a variagated one at a plant sale recently, it's got deep purple flowers, I can't wait to see it next year.

I go a Buddleia Davidii Pink Delight, and it's in flower. I've got it next to my desk at the moment and it smells luffly :biggrin:

Had a couple of wasps in the bathroom with me this morning (maybe they wanted to join me on the shower?). Whereas a few weeks ago they were fairly small and harmless looking, they have grown into big scary angry looking fings. I opened the window and chucked them both outside.

Forgot to say - one of the dwarf rhodos I planted in spring has decided to show me a flower. Just a single one, which is a bit mean, but then it's probably confused cos it's not supposed to flower until next spring :laugh:

Edited by merledogs

We're having a really pants start to the holidays. Emily has been ill for weeks, but really ill since the 17th with a nasty urine infection. Today we've been back to the doctors to get a third different antibiotic because the others haven't worked. She's going back for a blood test tomorrow. If these antibiotics don't work she's going to have a scan on her kidneys. She's got a high temperature and feels really grotty. We've not been able to go anywhere or do anything. Daisy and Molly are just horrid to each other and have driven me to drink already. We are not happy campers :mecry:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: poor emily and poor you :GroupHug: i had a strep a water infection for 18months and i was on antibiotics all that time, i had the xrays with dye, kidney scan and the camera, they never found out what caused it. i was told to drink plenty of water...to flush the infection out, i personally couldn't stand it but cranberry juice was reccommended, another one was pearl barley,put some pearl barly in a muslin square, gather the corners and secure with string, boil the water and barley until cooked and drink the liquid, also if emily feels up to having a bath, again pearl barley in the foot of an old clean stocking or sock secured over the hot tap and run the bath really hot so the goodness comes out of the barley, allow the bath to cool to a suitable temperature for Emily :flowers: the final bit of advice i was given was to wear all cotton underwear....including the edging. has the doctor tried emily with trimethroprim (antibiotic) that is the only one that knocks mine on the head

awww bless her, not at all relevant to emily but my cat gets an e coli infection and he has septrin?? some minging yellow banana liquid stuff.... more comes out than goes in :laugh: hope she is feeling better soon, not a nice way for you to spend the summer holidays :GroupHug:

:partytime: :partytime: Just back from the vet's and Cherry has the all clear. She had a benign follicular hamartoma, so not cancerous. ( I think that's what the vet said, i just really heard "not cancer" and disregarded everything else!) :rolleyes:

We all feel a lot better now. :elefant: