UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Gooster, i am really pleased that you are going to see a doctor! i hope you haven't injured yourself as it wouldn't be fair when you have been making such an effort.

Kittycat, that dress is lovely!!!!

Snow, i do hope your are o.k and haven't torn anything

Melredogs, it is soooooooooooooo nice to read your posts about work....... you seem so much happier now and i am glad you have a boss and colleagues who are friendly and funny

Owl i am going to write that tip down for cramps... touch wood never had one but always handy to know

Jazz, if you are going to go out today be very very careful

could some one please give me a kick up the bum..... i am so tired and i just can't get motivated, need to sort all my stuff out and clear a space ready for when the crimbo tree gets put up..... but i am nice and comfy and warm on the sofa and can't be ar*ed Lol

Sorry I havent been posting but I have been keeping up to date on my phone, but it is so hard to post on there - I have actually managed to get on the pc today!

Snow and Amy thanks so much I may just take you up on your offers.

Well the news here is that I am moving :cheer: :cheer: to say I am happy is an understatement. Only thing is that I am moving before Christmas so things are a bit hectic here lol

Had my delivery from Dogstar and I must admit the quality of items is amazing - thank you so much Sam and Mark

Im not sure if I have posted this but I now have an up to date photo of my boys (although their dad is in the photo too :run4hills: ) if I have posted it before sorry but here it is

m.jpg

sorry for the size but I dont understand the new photobucket and cant resize it :blinking1:

• Like 2

Aw Loobie, your boys are all growed up. Handsome lads

Kittycat that dress is gorgeous

Be careful in the snow Jazz. We have no snow - tis damp and misty and cold here.

Glad you had a good night out with workmates Alex. Sounds like being made redundant from your old job was the best thing to happen to you.

Tip for waking up with muscle cramps: keep a large ceramic tile by your bed. If you get cramp, swing over into sitting position and get foot of affected limb on to the cold tile and keep there until cramp has gone.

My father was prone to cramp in his leg after he had a DVT in it.

The bedroom had lino in the window bay, beside the bed, and he used to dive across the bed and put his foot on the cold lino.

Wow love the dress!

Over here fatal road accidents are rare and we've just had 2 in under a week. Last thursday a seven year old was killed and just this morning a 'young man' has also died. Really feel like crying for the families , its so devastating. The little girl was my Jodies friend sister, Jodie was upset as the sister was still sent to school the next day and just cried all day.A couple of times she dozed off and the teachers told them to leave her and let her sleep but it really upset Jodie seeing her friend like that.

Such a shame CRB when any life is lost in a road accident, but a 7 year old is just tragic :(

Have logged on here on my work computer - loving the Christmas skin :santa:

Glad everything is getting sorted for you Loobie :)

I hope I haven't hurt myself too Griff - for the first time in my life, I am enjoying exercise, and seeing results too, which is really motivating, not good if I have to take time out from it all. Have bought some multi vitamins to help balance my diet a bit, just in case I am lacking any essential minerals that my body needs to cope with the extra work it is doing.

I am on BP meds and HRT - however I haven't taken any for a couple of weeks - keep forgetting *ooops* not on anything else I do wake up quite dehydrated in this house, problem is I am used to sleeping with the window open at night but can't do that here as the bedroom is at the front of the bungalow and I would feel a bit vulnerable, though now I've written that I feel a bit daft as I have both Rob & Nog in the room with me and I doubt anyone would be daft enough to try climbing in a front window in full view of the street. I don't think thats the cause of the cramps though as I got them in Lyneham too from time to time - this morning I just dived out of bed and did the heel down toes up stretch and then stood on tippy toes for a bit, but thats no fun at all when you also have a very full bladder ... fingers crossed I have managed not to actually tear the muscle this time.

Evening :wavey:

I finally have my own desk at work, after hot desking since I started.

Collies - who would send a little girl to school when her sister has just died? :(

Loobie, your boys are all growed up - hasn't time flown?!

Edited by merledogs

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am on my third mp3 player since july..... i ordered a new one and i hate it! i want one like my old one where i just added my music and it always ended up on the top of the playlist..... all the ones i have bought you can't organize the music properly........... very annoyed!

CRB so sorry to hear of your daughters friends sister, the parents probably sent her to school as they had so much to do...my mum did it to me when my grandad died, there was nobody to look after us so we had to go to school

Evening :wavey:

I finally have my own desk at work, after hot desking since I started.

Collies - who would send a little girl to school when her sister has just died? :(

Loobie, your boys are all growed up - hasn't time flown?!

Yay for own desk.

I got sent to school when my baby sister died, I was 6 at the time. Think it was because my dad still had to go to work (we are talking over 40 years ago) and my mum wasn't in any fit state to look after me and my sister.

Too much for a child to cope with, and how is a teacher supposed to deal with a traumatised child as well as teach the rest of the class?

We went tracking and I got really chilled, and not in the laid back sense either, which is odd as I was well wrapped and moving at Wispa's forced march speed. Spent a few hours in bed with elec blanket on, have mostly warmed up. Doglet in question is running a circuit which includes her home area, we think she is sleeping at a derelict farm which has barns with straw in.