UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Morning :wavey:

Not keeping up very well at the moment, due to building works, Avon deliveries and plumbing problems :confused02:

I've just had a quick skim read back and those dirt trapper mats look just what I need for my extension, I may be ordering some very shortly :)

Gooster - your icy skid sounds very alarming, I hope you're not too shaken up by it.

I've forgotten everything else :(

Sending :GroupHug: all poorly people and animals

I've just had a quick skim read back and those dirt trapper mats look just what I need for my extension, I may be ordering some very shortly :)

I've got one just inside the front door - it's been there for almost 5 years and still looks like new. They are definitely worth the money :)

Alex what is this "Wet and Forget" stuff and where can I get it? The flags in our front garden are really manky and the pressure washer doesn't work so I am desperate for something to clean them.

:D

She is called Luna (previously Tallulah :confused: ) I collected her last night from a girl who does some private rescuing. She is said to be about 1 and a Chi x Border Terrier. Very happy, no training and so far there have been no grumbles or spats between the three so, fingers crossed, all should be well. She is very dinky but sturdy and has a good bounce on her...stairs, sofa, bed no problem.

• Like 1

Luna is lovely :wub:

Alex what is this "Wet and Forget" stuff and where can I get it? The flags in our front garden are really manky and the pressure washer doesn't work so I am desperate for something to clean them.

It's this stuff. However, don't buy it from there as it's £49.99 for a 5L bottle! I got mine from Costco for less than £20. It kills algae and mould and moss and stuff. You just spray on and let the rain do the rest, so it's not an instantaneous solution, but I sprayed a couple of test spots a couple of months ago and they look really clean now next to the manky bits (and I did notice a difference within a day or two). Well worth the money and you dilute it one part W&F with five parts water, so it goes a long way. You can get it on Amazon but it costs more. To be honest even if I had to pay double what I paid for it, I probably would cos you literally just spray and then leave it. It's supposed to last for ages so I guess time will tell, but even if I have to do it twice a year I will, cos it's so much easier than faffing about with the jet washer.

• Like 1

Good move, Loobie, that is a big saving.

Well done with the life-saving first aid, Jazz.

Have fallen a bit behind and not read everything yet.

On Monday I get power of attorney, together with my sister, over mum's affairs. No one has objected so it should be dealt with quickly. Just in time for me to call the Pensions Service. A letter arrived from them today to her about a change to her basic state pension. They have adjusted it to zero. No reason given, just "an adjustment to your benefit". That leaves her with graduated pension £1.23 and 25p Age Addition per week. Good thing she has her nursing pension and savings. I didn't think they could just take away the basic state pension, let alone with no explanation. Will see what they have to say, if any problem I will go to AgeUK. What a way to deal with things, good thing she has us looking out for her.

• Like 1