UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Glad all missing dogs are being found Owl :)

Glad Archie is pleased to see dog walker and baby Evie - hope she doesn't go on any mammoth treks up mountains with baby Evie just yet!!

Just done a different workout class with Mr Gorgeous. Core workout, I did really enjoy it, especially when he fell off the gym ball whilst demonstrating an exercise :laugh: Not sure if I am working myself a bit too hard at times though, as when we do lots of abs work, I get a burning feeling on my lower left side of my stomach (just above my hip). I think it is just a stretched muscle, but am not sure whether to avoid all core work, or keep plodding on with it to strengthen the muscle. Don't have any classes till next weds now though, so may just stick to cardio work and avoid pulling that area for a week :unsure:

Owl...it may not be the spirit of neighbourliness or christmas..but I'd be inclined to stick a pyracantha or nice prickly holly in the gap, personally. Or berberis...pretty flowers and berries for the birds..... :D So glad all the dogs have turned up safely, let's hope no more go on the run! My OH is home with a nasty cough which has set his asthma off...hope he's better by Friday we are meant to be eating out.

• Like 1

Owl. i agree i would plant a nice prickly plant Lol

Jazz, hope the walk went well

suzeanna, i hope your OH is feeling better soon

i hope everyone who is going out for their dinner tonight enjoys it!

Gooster could you not ask mr gorgeous about the pain???

Yantan i am terrified of babies... scared i will drop them, all my mates laugh because i refuse to hold them when they are small... my mate tried to cure me of my fear by dumping twin babies on me.... i have never sat so still in all my life Lol

Snow, i had never heard of snowman soup before.... what a clever idea

things didn't go according to plan at the hospital today, oh well just need to wait and see what the consultant says about things as long as i don't spend christmas in hospital i will be happy, i did get all of my cards dropped in to the different departments.... i don't think a lot of people give the departments cards as they seemed quite surprised...maybe i am odd for giving them all cards

• Like 1

I hope they can sort you out xx

I walked round to the car, and got in it! I even .... started the engine! then got out and had a little walk

wwoowwwwwww

only thing is, ive put on a little bit of weight, just enough for my jeans to not fit, so need new ones

ive got physio tomorrow morning

• Like 1

I have almost done my Christmas shopping ( preferred it when family lived on the other side of the globe, was a much cheaper do) just need to get my little niece something. I did however get distracted while shopping and bought myself the most awesome dress, though doubtful it will be everyone's cup of tea, but then I am a little odd :laugh:

81CC0AEC-6670-4490-9903-51A7BBB0E2E1-4657-00000703E05E4567.jpg

The print on it is B-movie horror posters

E2C86BA0-8D1E-4957-AFE6-DACF5BD0A908-4657-000007043B76FC3D.jpg

Im very excited about it! Only problem is, I bought it on impulse and have nowhere to wear it :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Ooh Steph - not something I would buy myself, but it is v stunning! Are you having a work Christmas do? You could wear it to that!

Griff, I think it is lovely when patients buy us Christmas cards etc. A lot of people take the health services for granted and don't make the time or effort to thank us. I had a lady come back in on Saturday to say thank you for referring her so soon for her eye problems. It gives us a buzz to feel like people appreciate us.

Am not sure about asking Mr Gorgeous about my pain, it happened a bit when I was riding Blue tonight as well, but not as intense. I think I will keep up with my ibuprofen gel and keep away from the abs work until next week and see if that relieves it. It only burns when I use the lat pulldown weight machine, when I do planks, and when I do sit Ups and crunches, so it's easy to avoid really.

Just had a google about what my pain may be - burning when exercise can be a sign of lactic acid build up, which is dispersed from the muscles pretty much as soon as you stop working those muscles. Only way to get rid of it is to exercise more at a lower intensity, to build up your muscle resistance. Am currently taking antibiotics for my skin, and they can affect the uptake of minerals from the blood stream, so am wondering if they are having anything to do with it. Maybe I should just go back to the mingy smelling topical stuff instead!

Moaning :tired:

Jayne you should see a doctor to get properly diagnosed :flowers:

The curry was absolutely delicious last night, probably one of the best I've had ever. It just paid a flying visit and is now on its way out. The company was hilarious too, my boss, my colleague and my boss's boss. We all share the same peurile sense of humour and there was much hilarity. I am going to keep a stock of Tena Lady at this rate cos my bladder keeps threatening to have little 'accidents' :laugh:

Am knackered now though. There's only me in the office today so I can get some proper work done.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

Not the best way to start my day .... waking up slowly feeling all warm and snuggly, slowly starting to move when my right calf goes into spasms, the muscle felt like it was tearing in half, I went from warm, snuggly & half awake to yelling blue murder and rolling around desperately trying to ease the pain by stretching the muscle. The back of my calf now feels all bruised and tender and very tight just hoping I haven't actually torn anything this time.

• Like 1

Aww, glad you are getting on well with your new colleagues Alex :flowers:

Snow, do you take statins at the moment for cholesterol? They can cause severe muscle cramps if taken at a high enough dose - my dad has just had his dosage halved to reduce the risk of cramping.

Have taken your advice Alex and booked in to see my GP tomorrow. Then at least I know what it may or may not be. Will be really annoyed if I have broken myself as I always warm up and don't over exert myself :angry:

• Like 1