UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Omg that must have been scary Suzeanna! I hate loose dogs with no owner around. A few weeks ago there was a massive GSD mooching around the footpath we were walking along, with no owner in sight. Thankfully he was ok, but if he would have gone for us, I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Mr Gorgeous was at the gym today, he actually asked me if I was having a nice day and what I had been up to :wub: he makes me feel like a stupid teenager whenever he speaks to me :laugh: :rolleyes: He spent time with 2 body builder types today, who were making the dumbells even heavier by hanging chains from them! Mental!

Much sympathy to all those with pain, whether self inflicted or by the dentist! Sounds as if it's all round to yours for grub then Alex.. :D.

I nearly had heart failure yesterday afternoon, we were walking the dogs when I heard barking and looked over the road to see the dog which bit Dylan a few weeks ago standing by her front gate...her OPEN front gate! I said oh doG the gate's open, run...but by then she was coming over the road. OH bellowed go home! go away, don't you dare! and to our surprise she turned round and went back in. OH has now made his bad throat worse, thanks dog. If she gets either of our dogs again then I'm sorry but I'm reporting her...I was talking to someone who knows her owner and she says the dog is a pitbullxstaffy..and that's definite, not rumour, so surely it's illegal? Definitely not spayed either, as she's had one litter from her and intends to breed her again.

I wouldn't' wait until one of my dogs was hurt again. I would report it to the dog warden now that the dog is allowed to get out of the garden and is threatening your dogs and has previously bitten one.

Our dog warden is very pro active and will visit such cases and advise them on controlling their dog. It then means if anything further happens there is already a report on record.

We recently had a similar experience of a dog running off when shouted at.

We were walking the dogs back to the car from the beach, through the hilly sand dunes. A border collie appeared and stopped, staring at our two.- no owner around.

He slowly approached my bitch and then was all waggy tail and friendly. She greeted him briefly and then walked on with OH. The dog then noticed me coming behind with Murphy and he ran up , again all waggy and friendly and Murphy let him say hello. Then dog started to raise his hackles and stiffen and air snap at Murphy.

Murphy just stood still.

I caught up with them and shouted "OI' then shouted at the dog 'Go away'. He looked at me, turned round and ran away back the way he had come as fast as he could with his tail down.

There was still no owner in sight The dunes and beach are quite rural and people come by car but there was no other car in the car park.

He may have come from the croft at the other side of the dunes but he looked too clean for that.

We have had ice and snow for the last three days. Last night the temperature was down to -6 degrees.

I hope tomorrow's thaw comes as promised. We are due to drive down to Edinburgh next Friday for my nephew's wedding on Saturday and then drive home on Monday again, only to drive down again the next Saturday to spend Christmas with my family there and drive home again for New Year.

It is exactly a year since we ended up upside down in a ditch and wrote off our car so I am a bit nervous of travelling in bad weather now.

Moaning :tired:

It's warmed up a bit here, outside isn't frozen.

RMF : Took the new bed upstairs again last night and Taffy slept in it again :wub: Think I'm going to order one for upstairs and I might have to get a new one for downstairs because they absolutely love it.

Morning.

Last day! It's 3 degrees here today, but can't get the flat warm. Will have to sort out te hallway so I can shut the entrance door as I think all my heat I escaping!

To be fair Alex ii would be happy snuggled in that bed too so I can see why!!

Egypt...you'll miss the cold ;-)

• Like 1

Thank you :-) it is the first time I am not bothered about the stuff I leave. I have done te best I can in a dysfunctional environment and have given suggestions on how they need to take it forward, which to be fair they have listened to and are starting to inplement. But that isn't my role and surely the leads / managers who are paid to do the role should know what to do!

Hope today is quiet enough for you to be ultra productive Alex!

• Like 1

Morning :happystrange: Ceri has had his mock exams all this week - poor thing has had a hideous cold, has been drenched on the way to school and has been dripped on through one exam from a roof leak - good job it's only his mocks!

i've just noticed on his timetable for today it says: Maths exam, 9.00 - 11.15, 2 hr :worried: bodes well :laugh:

suzeanna :GroupHug: I can still; remember the fear I felt when I was in the middle of a field with two of my dogs and a small Ceri with nowhere safe to run to and two offlead , unattended large dogs appeared - thankfully they stayed well away from us.

Bit worried about my dad today, I'm pretty sure he's showing signs of spinal compression from his cancer and I think he thinks so too but he's reluctant to seek help which could be disastrous :err:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: to anyone else who needs them today

• Like 2

Moo and Boo, (((((hugs))))) for you and your dad.

Murtle congrats on your last day...... i hope a new fantastical job turns up in the new year for you!!

Merledogs, hope today is a bit less hectic for you

Suzeanna..... it is such a shame that the dog has a doughnut of an owner.... sadly if you report the dog the likely hood is it will be seized and most likely destroyed as she doesn't sound the sort to fight for it (if it is deemed as type)..... very sad but you must protect your own dogs.

Blackmagic, i do hope the weather is better for your trip and i totally understand your hesitance at making the trip in the same conditions as last year.

Groan.... i have to go out today to get my blood taken, it is sooooooooooooo warm and toasty in the house and cold and windy outside..... if i don't go my consultant will be on the phone moaning at me, lets hope it isn't too busy!!!

i ordered some rugs for the kitchen floor just to last over xmas as the tiles have cracked and the floor wants taking up, got 3..... 6'x4' rugs for £30 including delivery, they are a grade which means used but they look like new and are supposed to trap the dirt, ordered yesterday and got them today!!! i got them here in case anyone wants something to take the mud off the dogs paws

http://www.splendidpets.co.uk/dirt-trapper-floor-mats/mat-offers-with-free-delivery/autumn-dirt-trapper-mat-deal-3-qty-6x4-free-delivery

• Like 1

Poor Ceri...I got some menthol and eucalyptus yesterday, you put a teaspoon in a pint of hot water and stick your head over with a towel over and inhale, it's made a huge improvement in my OH's cold and cough.

Griff, I hope you don't get too cold going out and thanks for the reminder, I've got to make an appt for a blood test before my next haematology appointment. I feel sorry for Taz's owner, her husband is dying with multiple brain tumours, her mother has senile dementia and her father not much better, and she herself is a heavy drinker...in her position I probably would be the same. I'm reluctant to add to her woes by reporting her dog, but the darn thing scares me and as a previous owner of dobes and a GSD I don't say that about many dogs.

Suzeanna it would probably be better for the dog if the situation was reported. If his owner might be persauded to give him up and if he could find his way to a decent rescue they could work on his behaviour. However I know the operative wordhere is 'if'.

Moo and Boo thinking of you & yours :GroupHug:

Thinking of your dad Moo and boo :GroupHug:

Glad it's your last day today Murtle :)

Hope you are ok out today Griff and don't get too cold :)

On the way to take Charlie to the vets, I hit a massive patch of black ice and lost control of my beautiful car. Thankfully there was no other cars around, so after several skids all over the place, I managed to aim for the kerb, which stopped my skid. Nearly ended up pointing the wrong way in the road. Wouldn't have minded if I was going fast, but I was going quite slowly as I had noticed that the road looked a bit slippy. If I nearly total myself in a land rover, doG help anyone in a rear wheel drive sporty car!

Oh lord..hope you are ok!

MooandBoo, can you either persuade your dad he needs to speak to someone or do it yourself? My son in law is worried sick about his mum who has been told she has terminal lung cancer, but apparently been given no real details and won't ask.

Just had a voicemail from the vets. didn't tell me much. just that he can come home :) Hopefully that means his bloods are fine, and he is just getting to be an old cantankerous sod :laugh: :rolleyes: Mum has to take Shara for her 6 monthly medication review today, so she is picking Charlie up at the same time :)

Gosh Gooster, glad you are O.k. my bro hit a patch of black ice going dead slow, he ended up 15 ft up a grass verge poking through a hedge..... my dad kept driving past him and rang his mobile and asked where the hell he was.... he got the idea when the farmer came with a landy to drag him out Lol. glad to hear charlie can come home.

i did survive the blood place..... dad dropped me off and there was only 6 people in front of me so got done quite quickly, was having a real laugh with an old irish fella who thought he may have had a stroke..... he decided he was going to the pub after his blood test! but it was o.k as he was going to drink guiness and thats good for you...... he was lovely