UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Woohoo, the snow has gone.

Griff, have these mats got a rubber back? I got some at a dog show many, many years ago, must be at least ten years ago, and I am still using them. They soak up the wet off the dogs' paws very well.

I hoover mine, wash at 60- I see they say wash at 40- and tumble dry if I can't get them out to dry. But they come out of the machine very dry so don't need much.

Gooster, how scary. That is what happened to us last year but unfortunately we hit the kerb side on and the car tipped over upside down into a deep ditch. All that you could see of the car was the wheels. The rest was in the ditch. It all happened very slowly and very gracefully though.

We have put winter tyres on this year.

Great that you didn't have to wait long for your blood test, Griff. Waiting is so boring.

I like the old man's style- Guiness is good for you. My gran used to tell us that they got prescriptions for stout when they had been ill. It was said to build them up.

We took the dogs to the beach and it was freeezing.

We met an old man with three dogs- an elderly GSD, a very friendly JRT and daft lab cross. They were scrabbling in the piles of seaweed and eating the big tubers. He called them 'tangles' and said the dogs loved them. The lab cross kept barking to tell everybody he had found something edible before he ate it.

My two didn't see the attraction.

• Like 1

Im in shock. I nearly lost trudy today.

she swallowed a large piece of a treat and it stuck in her throat. she stopped breathing, she was gone. so I plunged my fingers down her throat to get the treat, eventually got it, but she still wasnt breathing,so did mouth to mouth and chest compresions. she eventually gave a gasp. it took a while for her to come round, but took her to the vets for a check up. he said she was very lucky and a few more seconds could have changed her outlook.

Im in shock, but shes back to normal, told me its dinner time.

the first thing she did when she came round was to give me kisses

Blackmagic, yes the mats do have a rubber backing and you can cut them to size without them fraying. my oldest dog loves playing with seaweed..... must see if we are feeling up to going to the seaside early next year.

Gooster, i am sorry to hear that charlies blood tests showed something up but hopefully you have picked it up early and the vet can help him

OMG Jazz, how awful.... very glad you managed to save her!!!!!!

Blimey what an eventful day a lot of you have had ((hugs))

I've had a bit of a weep today, got a Xmas card in the post this afternoon addressed to my mum, when I opened it it was a lovely card from a friend of my mums catching up with news and asking after mums health etc, it included her new address and phone number and asked mum to ring her to arrange to meet up for a coffee & chat. Obviously the fact she'd moved was probably why we'd not been in touch to tell her about mum, so I decided to ring her and let her know. She was quite shocked and upset her and her late hubby had been neighbors of my mum & dad years ago and they'd kept in touch all this time we had a nice chat about mum & dad and old times etc. but as soon as I hung up I burst into tears.

Bigs hugs to the lot of you cos you deserve them. xxx

My friend's daughter in law gave birth to twins last night - Isabella was born on the 6th December at 11.55pm and Archie was born an hour later on the 7th December! I'sn't that great!!!

:)

• Like 2

Oh no, I thought I had reply on he secret Santa thread :-( I am so sorry, cocoa cat has received his and it has been out out for him to stare at...they have to wait! I also think I have another one As I have a car to pick up from the post office. I am so sorry for not letting you know earlier as it's horrible I send things and not know if they have arrived or not.

Muchly ashamed Murtle

xxx

Errors brought to you courtesy of my iPhone and fat fingers x

I forgot to reply to Snow's post! Snow I am so sorry. I'm in the kitchen making tonight's grub and just popping in here whilst I wait for things to cook so my mind isn't focussed properly. I'm glad you had a memory chat with your mum's friend but not that you felt upset afterwards :GroupHug:

Moaning :tired:

I've just upgraded my hotmail account to an outlook.com one which means you can get a new email alias (with an outlook.com suffix) but still sign in with your hotmail email address, so you can use several email addresses on one account. It all sounded a bit techy for me but I have done it and it looks fab (and I managed to get my [email protected] as I don't think there are tons of people using it yet). The link is here for anybody with a hotmail address who wants to have a go :flowers: You get 7GB of Cloud storage as well, so will have to investigate what that is!