UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

i just got an early xmas pressie..... brand new tv for my bedroom!!! my mum and dad are ace, they bought me one the other year but they felt i needed a bigger screen so have just got me a tv/dvd combi!!!! now if i am ill and need to stay in bed i have satellite, a big screen and i am able to watch my dvds... ace!!!!!

LOL murtle i bet the one who escaped the needle breathed a sigh of relief, i have timed it so all of mine are done within a month of each other so i don't forget....not that i could forget, i get a reminder card off the vet and then they call me if i haven't been in.

Merledogs, i reckon there are more leaves about and i am confused as we have less trees round here now due to the nobheads getting them chopped down!! glad to hear Kinkycat is feeling better

• Like 2

That's cool griff :flowers:

Just found an old SD card cos the one I was using with my camera is broked. There were a load of photos on it which I think were taken on Christmas day a couple of years ago. It was really snowy and foggy up the fields and Timmy and Max's feet got scratched to bits by the ice :( This pic in particular made me smile though, my ickle gormless Timtims :wub:

P1020186-001.jpg

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 3

I am absolutely shattered, the post I made in here at 8:10 this morning was the last time I stopped working or have been online until now, I've been stood in a music shop listening to hubby talk instruments and effects pedals and "testing" things out for agggggggeeeeessssss all because I offered to get him a new "toy" for xmas followed by putting up the tree and decorations while trying not to throttle hubby who was content to let me get on with it but then had a "helpful" opinion on everything which meant redoing things over and over in between me advising him where to shove said helpful opinions lol then followed an afternoon making Snowman Soup which I had planned to give as handmade gifts to everyone little realising that I would need to get half a dozen done TODAY as they are being collected tomorrow as MIL is going over to Talgarth on Monday for her last visit before she goes away for Xmas. This evening has been spent wrapping all the presents she needs to take over as well as her own gifts from us. I am now finally sitting down *phew*

Anyway I'm pleased with how the Snowman Soup came out even though I cut a few corners on the last 2 as I needed to crack on with my next job ... I still have another 7 or 8 to do but theres not so much time pressure on those so I can do a few at a time during the week.

Here they are:

001-1.jpg

• Like 1

Morning all, lovely sunny frosty day here, but I am doing some baking and cooking today. Mince pies, lentil and veg soup, roast chicken. Yummy. I am also going to practice icing a small fruit cake, so I am ready when the time comes to ice the real christmas cake.

I have finally been told I can have Christmas off, and have booked a small cottage near Robins hood bay for Christmas week. :)

Snow, were those a kit, or did you make them up? They look good.

Timmy is so sweet.

Have a good Sunday everyone. xxx

• Like 1

Timmy :luvlove:

Griff, what a great prezzie.

We did what I thought was a jolly good tracking run yesterday and were about to leave to continue where we left off when the owner rang to say the dog was home. It had been a bit frustrating because we had a nice fresh scent, we followed it for nearly 2 hours and between 4 and 5 miles at Wispa's forced march pace when we came to a junction with a fast main road. Wispa told me he had definitely turned left. That was what I had hoped, as he had been turning left at every crossing of paths, and if he continued this way he would end up back home. It was classic behaviour of a dog off on a jolly, but owner found it so hard to believe and was convinced he was stuck down a hole or had been stolen. Luckily her husband accepted what I said and went off to poster the next villages on the route. But dog was ahead of everyone and arrived back at his home village just now, was spotted by people who knew him and got a lift for the last mile.

I do find it awkward when people can't believe Wispa's nose, and have to keep reminding myself that most others can't read her body language and also expect a tracker to have nose to ground.

Glad you have Christmas off, Marge.

• Like 1