UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Morning all, lovely sunny frosty day here, but I am doing some baking and cooking today. Mince pies, lentil and veg soup, roast chicken. Yummy. I am also going to practice icing a small fruit cake, so I am ready when the time comes to ice the real christmas cake.

I have finally been told I can have Christmas off, and have booked a small cottage near Robins hood bay for Christmas week. :)

Snow, were those a kit, or did you make them up? They look good.

Timmy is so sweet.

Have a good Sunday everyone. xxx

Had to make them up, theres all kinds of ideas for Snowman Soup online but everyone has their own ideas on what goes in them, mines got instant chocolate drink mix (enough for 2 people) crushed crispy M&M's, Marshmallows and a Mint candy cane for stirring. The next lot will have crushed smarties and galaxy drink and I'm planning on doing some Horlics ones with white chocolate buttons and just white marshmallows - these were done "on the hop" as they had to be ready today so I had to use what I could lay my hands on quickly, luckily I'd bought the cellophane cones from a Chinese seller on ebay weeks ago so I had them ready what I couldn't get hold of yesterday was proper ribbon to decorate them with so had to improvise with Xmas thin ribbon which wasn't quite what I wanted but has to do. The labels I found online and just printed out with the last of my coloured ink lol

• Like 2

First job done - dogs walked.

When I came in Kinky must have been waiting behind the front door cos she shot out :rolleyes: so I just followed her to the neighbours, she went straight in and he handed her straight back to me. Little madam. It is nice to have her home though, I didn't realised how much I had missed not seeing her over the past few years. She's been with me since the age of five weeks so was a massive part of my life for over ten years before she 'moved out'. She has such a great personality as well, such a bossy, cheeky minx/ She's just come back in and taken over the place already :wub:

• Like 1

I don't like mince pies or cheese straws, so everyone's baking is safe from me :biggrin:

Worked 10-3 today, it was really quiet, had a lot of no shows. Only did 7 eye tests, so easy money earned today :)

Been a good girl and done the gym after work. No eye candy there today though as it was one of the female trainers on the desk :laugh: :rolleyes: All this gym stuff is making a difference, my legs are definitely going thinner, and my dad commented yesterday that my bum looks smaller :)

• Like 1

I'm so glad you all don't like mince pies, as there are none left now. LOL I didn't like them until I started making them this year and had a taste. Absolutely no contest with the shop ones, these are scrummy. (though I say so myself).

Feels like Christmas now, just had a roast with all the trimmings while watching Miracle on 34th Street. :)

• Like 1

Gooster, i am like you.... i don't like mince pies or cheese straws!!! glad to hear the gym work is going well.... i tried a bit of exercise yesterday and i am in agony today, i will keep trying though.

Lol, Houndzrus that would happen in our house with my dad being around... you can't leave anything like that out or he scoffs it Lol

Merledogs, i am glad that the neighbour has been good in handing Kinky back.... wonder if she has ideas of eating 2 lots of dinners Lol. that sofa would be quick delivery!!!

i want to get some christmas cards for my consultants and gp's with doctor on, i can find one on Zazzle but it is minging... back to searching the internent

• Like 1