UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doodaas

merledogs

Owl, that's disgraceful..surely they have to give a reason, they can't just take it away? I thought everyone had a legal right to a pension, no matter what private pensions they might have. Someone somewhere must have made a mega error. If you don't get any joy, write to the Money Mail at the Daily Mail, their experts are brilliant at putting a rocket under people who need it.

Luna is :wub: :wub:

I thought everyone had a right to a state pension too - someone must have made an error :unsure:

Didn't go to the gym today - it closes at 7.30 on a Saturday night, so by the time I have got home from work and been to the farm, the gym is closed. Really missed my workout today :rolleyes: I think I am addicted! But I suppose there are worse things to be addicted to - have lost half a stone so far :)

You only have a right to a state pension if you have paid a certain number of contributions, which my mum did. She has been getting the full basic pension for over 30 years. I don't have the right to the full pension because some of my contributions weren't paid (scummy employer deducted but didn't pay in) but I get it made up by pension credit which is earnings/savings related. I think it must be an error, as none of mum's pension should be affected by her occupational pension or savings. Thanks for tip about Money Mail, suzeanna, might come in useful.

I won't rest easy until it's sorted. Have told sister who also thinks it must be wrong.

In work already catching up on my paperwork and computer work. It is lovely and quiet in here at the moment :-)

Amy I am not moving far only from the top of penarth to Cogan but the difference in rent is £325 cheaper per month YAY

Wow what a difference in price!

Aww Luna is lovely. Is she a keeper? She looks alot like a doglet called Lily who someone I know owns.

262378_4582470718621_306237611_n.jpg

Weekends definately need to be longer. Am shattered need a couple more days off

Good moaning :tired: I have a stonking nedache.

Alex I'm so pleased you're job is going so well and your colleagues are giddy. Got any jobs in finance lol

I'll keep my eye out if you're looking? :flowers:

Owl - that's not on, I hope you give whoever made those decisions the rocket they deserve :mad:

Morning all.

I'm waiting for the chuck wagon to arrive with our groceries for the week. Hope it arrives sooner rather than later as Ruby and I both fancy a bacon buttie.

Owl that's bloody awful about your mum's pension. I hope you get it sorted quickly and with the minimum of fuss. I got 3 or 4 letters over the course of about a year telling me my state pension wouldn't be paid out in full because I hadn't made the qualifying contributions. I knew I had and even had the paperwork to prove it - some from the same department who were telling me I didn't! You couldn't make this stuff up! In the end I gave up arguing and intended to take it up at a later date. A few months later I got another letter telling me that a miscalculation had been made and I would get a full pension after all. Well duh! All power to your feathers Owl and good luck.

I estimate that mum has paid the full contribution for about 18 years and for the rest of the time she will have had the reduced amount for wife paid by both of her husbands on their stamps.

I had a battle royal with them over 2k which was payable to me when OH died. This is payable to the remaining spouse if either they or the deceased is under pension age at the time, as clearly stated on their website. The argument went up to the head of the team and they assured me that I was absolutely not entitled to this sum because I was over 60. They got quite cross and told me to stop calling them. A month later a cheque arrived for the full amount. No apology, no explanation.

Glad I have my sis to back me up. She is a Rev and people tend to pay more attention to her and at least assume that she has all her marbles. Thanks for your support, Fugees x

They have just changed the system to pay directly into bank rather than send her a cheque. She chose to have it paid 6 monthly. It may have been this change which caused an error to happen.

Edited by owl

Hope you get it sorted out Owl x

Alex those beds look fab :-) are they very large? I used to have a den for the little one, but he got too big for it! He used to love hiding in there.

Weather is beautiful and sunny today, still chilly but I love to see the sun after all these grey days!

Found out today that my ex boss died last night. He had prostate cancer which had only been recently discovered but was too far gone for any treatment.It was down to him that I had a career change and subsequently did my MCIPS so you could say he had a big influence on my life. RIP Graham.