UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

I've done a longish walk round the village looking for grit for the road by our drive, but all the bins are empty already, I should have got it Saturday! (the council provide bins full of salt & grit for our village, but they need topping up!)

Catch22 - if I can get the car up to the main road, I could drive and buy some grit. But if I could get as far as the main road, I wouldn't NEED the grit! May try after lunch, it'll be as melted as it's going to be by then.

Edited by cycas

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it up the hill - one or two heart in mouth moments but got there eventually, after that it was all plain sailing on cleared roads (came home the long way round lol) our estate is pretty slippery though but passable, have to go back out and take Nog to the vets in 30 mins and that'll be fun especially as it's just started to snow again wacko.gif

Stay safe, Fugees.

Continued thoughts for Alex and the boys :GroupHug:

We have had a lovely walk on the mountain this morning, together with neighbour Neil and his labs. We looked west at the icy mist hanging over the park and east to the sunny mountain with minimal snow, and there was no question. I'm sure the gang in the park were safer without Wispa's kung-fu on ice demonstration. Also she has discovered that if she rolls on her back, she can use her slippery nylon-topped coat as a sledge. Nutter :wacko:

british gas want to put my electric up from 18 a month to 66!

ive had a word, they will put it to 59, and ill go on a lower tarrif to help.

they have a tarrif for low income people, but because of my benefits which are all counted, I get too much, but this tarrif they have told me about isnt much higher. they have also put me on the disabled list so if there is a problem with my heating etc, im a priority

I have just braved Marks and Spencers with my old mum to get all my xmas food. Every year she buys it in for me as she buggers off for xmas and feels guilty :laugh: Some roads were clear and fine to drive, some were pure ice. The Jeep did a fair few wobbles but behaved perfectly and kept going in straight lines.

After lunch, I am going to brave ASDA for my xmas alcahol. Apart from my xmas being wednesday, when I go and do the whole family in one afternoon and evening, I am not going anywhere from 24th - 3 Jan for anything. What ever I dont have, I wont have. Simples :laugh:

Tried to get into work today but we've had some snow which means the the trains have gone out of sorts. They cancelled 4 of them before I decided Id had enough. Not feeling well enough to attempt driving so phoned work and booked the day off.

Louie is enjoying walks in the snow. Nose to the ground and tail going like the clappers :laugh:

It has started snowing again :)  Pretty treacherous out though, as there is now snow on top of ice, so I am glad I don't need to venture out anywhere in the car.  The dogs are getting a bit bored with the woods, but it will have to do until it is a bit warmer out.  Thankfully the woods are pretty much on the doorstep, so I don't have to manage walking the dogs on lead in the ice, as Logan is a bit of a puller  :rolleyes:

My sister arrived (from Canada) on Saturday, and it is now beginning to feel like Christmas.  I have to work until Wednesday, but then am off for two whole weeks  :biggrin:

Tried to get into work today but we've had some snow which means the the trains have gone out of sorts. They cancelled 4 of them before I decided Id had enough. Not feeling well enough to attempt driving so phoned work and booked the day off.

Louie is enjoying walks in the snow. Nose to the ground and tail going like the clappers :laugh:

Cliffy had more than his nose to the ground this weekend :laugh:

Afternoon from work.

Sarah hope you're ok :GroupHug:

Thinking of Alex :GroupHug:

Nige can't you get him a little w.warmer :laugh: Scoobs is low to the ground but thankfully not as low as your little chap. He is loving the snow with a big L

Martyn drove me into work in the 4x4 today otherwise I don't think I would have made it in. My car doesn't do this weather one little bit. Martyn is off work til 4th Jan but at the moment full of cold and was sneezing nearly all night. Meaning yet again hardly any sleep for me either. Hey ho it can't be helped. Just panicing a bit incase we have to call off going to the outlaws on Xmas Eve. We daren't go taking germs to his dad as his op is in a few weeks and he really needs it. Martyn has had this cold for weeks himself.

Keep safe everyone and only drive if you have to.

I think you should get all your stuff done today and stay in tomorrow morning!

I tried, but failed :( I will have to get up early tomorrow and brave the city centre. :wacko:

Cliffy had more than his nose to the ground this weekend

You'll have to get him some stilts if the snow gets much higher :laugh:

Wispa! :laugh:

Happy birthday Spud :wub:

:GroupHug: Daisy

Glad all travelling people are safe. :liebe94:

I hope you do get away Michelle, fingers crossed, there are still a few days to go. :liebe94:

I have got a lot done today, including having a good walk on the common in the sunshine. I will have to brave the city centre tomorrow morning, but then that's it, same as Di, what we haven't got we'll do without :king_right:

Camera batteries are charging ready for this evening at the Black Country museum. I have also remembered to print off my ticket. Should be ok driving there, it's all main roads.

Just waiting for Keith to return from up north. Sod's law, he gets sent a long distance when he would like to finish early. :rolleyes: