UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF - its snowing/hailing heavily here angry.gif

It's treacherous here - yesterday evening the thin layer of snow we had down started to thaw, then it froze overnight and to top it all it started to snow again early doors, which has settled on top of the layer of ice, so it's incredibly slippy. I really noticed the benefit of four wheel drive this morning I can tell you.

Thank you all for your thoughts :liebe94:

We've got the exact same conditions as Alex - but unfortunately no 4x4. Our plan of a nice walk at the Carrs was therefore abandoned: if we can make it off our estate without causing 100's of ££'s worth of damage sliding into other cars then I don't want to know the damage I'd be doing with my big van to the posh jeeps and jags in the wealthy village of Styal, where we'd have to go through :ohmy: So off to the park it was instead, and the guys had a great time running round with other dogs and having a play. I was really chuffed to find that I could actually have a natter to the other dog walkers while both Kiera and Sparky were off lead and both behaving! A year ago I was convinced that that would never be possible, so I was well proud of my guys :)

Today appears to turn into a day of doing domestix, as its snowed again :(

Have just taken my life in my hands and walked Tara Banana and Az (not taking Molls out on ice). The ice is over an inch thick in some places in the lanes, which did at least mean I could have them offlead cos nothing was about in this (and I needed both hands for support!)

We met one car in an hour's walk - driven very very slowly by two huge nervous-looking blokes - I think it must have come up out of the bottom of the valley, it's usually warmer down there so they probably didn't realise just how bad it would be on the hills.

Az was walking ok, but Tara is an ice dancer! She was bounding about like a loon, skidding, controlling the skid, flinging sticks about, leaping in the air! :ohmy::laugh: I'd have videoed it, only I didn't want to risk holding a camera, as I am only 2-leg drive myself!

gallery_122_160_2229546.jpg

Great photo!

Billy, you have worked wonders with Sparks. :wub: I am proud of you for turning him around. :biggrin: Well done! :flowers:

Alex :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

We finally had snow last night! :biggrin: Dogs had a mad half hour in the garden in it. Saffy becomes even more puppy like in the snow and started the game. Neo doesnt like getting wet but he loves a game of 'chase round the table'. :laugh: Its treacherous this morning so not sure when I am going to take the dogs out. Sun is blaring though and the snow is melting off the trees :(

ooh where are you ?

Stevenage about 45 mins from you.

We had snow overnight which has made things quite slippy again butit's been very sunny all morning so hopefully most of it will have gone off the main roads.

Re: Flo she's absolutely fine now. Stitches came out yesterday and there's barely a mark where the wound was. She had an off lead walk too - first one for 12 days - she was VERY norty.

It's been snowing for the past few hours and the snow is quite thick now and the roads are really bad, even the main ones. At least everyone is driving slowly and carefully.

Had a lovely walk with the boys though, they loved the snowballs wub.gif

Edited by merledogs