UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Do you remember the naughty little sister story called "Bad Harry and the Shouting Coat"? It was one of my class's favourites when I was teaching.

I can't remember a coat story , I do remember one with Bad Harry and a mouse :laugh:

Fans of Bagpuss and The Clangers etc might want to be watching BBC4 at 8pm for an Oliver Postgate program.

There's a taster here

oooh thank you thank you thank you

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took Badger out for walk, then went to get me glasses, badger was in car, windows down in cool covered car park.. this bloke came up to us and said i reported you :ohmy: For leaving your dog in car.. I just looked and said yes, as you can see its cool the weather, hes safe in undercover carpark.. and hes asleep after his walk..at which point he became abusive.. and then I really lost it with him and really laid into him :huh: and he just said ive reported you ive reported you like a kid, so i told him where to go in no ladylike term :laugh: and he backed off.. I told him its different when sun is out and its warm or hot.. but not when it like snowy and we cant take him into the mall. and this is a dog who has to come out with us as he really stresses if left at home..

Was bloody fuming i rang the police and they said ignore him sounds like a loon.. then i rang the rspca and said the dog was well ventilated, watered and its cool weather.. lol wouldnt mind but the rspca kennels are open when we went their earlier and dogs were out in the cold.. at least my dog was uncover and warm.. they said not to worry sounded like the bloke was an upstart.. But im still fuming as when it is hot, we split up and hubby does the walk and i do the shopping :0)

What scared me, is I was ready to knock this blokes head off.. esp as Badger is one pampered pooch lol but he just drove away muttering to himself.. and Badger sat in the car eating his sausages we had bought him :biggrin:

Back from the vet. He doesn't know what it is, but might just be a tummy upset. Temperature is within normal range and gums look fine. He's given Max a couple of injections and some more stuff for me to give him to settle his tummy and if he's not better by Thursday morning, I have to take him back. A couple of kids made friends with Max while we were waiting to pay. He was such a good boy and stood there letting them stroke him wub.gif He wore Milly's fetching luminous Equafleece and had a few comments about it.

When I was on the pavement outside my house with Max before we went to vets, a couple drove past frantically looking for their black Newfoundland bitch who had run off sad.gif I got the bloke's number in case I see her and I also left the number at the vets in case someone drops her there (the couple rang anyway while I was waiting to leave their details). I do hope she's found, it's horrible weather to be out in.

Then when I was in the waiting room there was a lovely BC which was a bit hyper. When it wouldn't sit the woman owner smacked it in the face. I didn't feel up to an argument but I glared at her but she did it again later sad.gif

Edited by merledogs

Hope Max is back to normal soon :GroupHug:

Got my new camera today, very chuffed with it.

Best of all though....Spud's lump/plook was a hysteocytoma

Friends stepdad died yesterday, he was 53, lung cancer, he was a heavy smoker so I guess it was bound to catch him sooner or later, sad thing is he came round for a bit and said he was frightened :( Sleep well Joe :GroupHug:

Got my new camera today, very chuffed with it.

Best of all though....Spud's lump/plook was a hysteocytoma

Friends stepdad died yesterday, he was 53, lung cancer, he was a heavy smoker so I guess it was bound to catch him sooner or later, sad thing is he came round for a bit and said he was frightened sad01_anim.gif Sleep well Joe Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Great news about the hysteowotsit flowers.gif Wot camera did u get, the Nikon one? Sleep tight Joe Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

really pissed off.

Iyts taken me 7 hours to get to Wetherby, I still have about 2 hrs to go and I was supposed to be meeting my mum at my new flat to get the keys, which the landlord was supposed to give her today. His phone is off and he hasnt answered his email. Extremely pissed off. I have his address so will be turning up in the morning asking for my money back.

Currently trying to find a hotel to stay in as I cant have the dogs at my mums as my brothers are there. Fecking merry christmas eh?

really pissed off.

Iyts taken me 7 hours to get to Wetherby, I still have about 2 hrs to go and I was supposed to be meeting my mum at my new flat to get the keys, which the landlord was supposed to give her today. His phone is off and he hasnt answered his email. Extremely pissed off. I have his address so will be turning up in the morning asking for my money back.

Currently trying to find a hotel to stay in as I cant have the dogs at my mums as my brothers are there. Fecking merry christmas eh?

Hey, I've cancelled christmas, as my mum doesn't dare travelling in this weather (can't blame her!), so she's not coming now. I've cancelled my holiday with work this morning, as I can't see the point of sitting at home - going places with dogs likely to be impossible due to same stupid weather - and ticketmaster has cheerfully informed me that they have a no-returns policy on 2 stupidly expensive tickets for a show that I booked for my mum as a treat, because she had such a carp time the last time she was here - which was when Mal died :mecry:

Can't wait for flippin' January to come along!

Edited to add: on top of it all I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow because my tooth is giving me serious grief, and I'm not only looking forward to a root canal but also the weekend on antibiotics. Great fun! :(

Edited by BillyMalc

we have had horrendous snow here today the buses were taken off and the village is practically cut off again, to add to that the snow happened after hubby had set off for work this morning at six and ive been worried sick about him all day (hes a multidrop courier) he arrived home twenty mins ago and has had to go out again to pick up a friends childs xmas pressie computer :wacko:

my poor neighbour woke up this morning to find her dog had died overnight :mecry: