UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bugger we now have snow - when hubby took Nog out earlier they weren't gone long because of the trecherous conditions, things had partially thawed here making paths, roads & pavements wet - then they froze, it was like trying to walk on glass; that was bad enough and I had already planned to go out 30 mins earlier tomorrow to de-ice the car and take the long way into work rather than go through the lanes but sometime in the past hour or so the snow started, when I went to take Nog for his last wee before bed I was gobsmacked at just how much had come down already and of course thats fallen on top of the ice - it's flipping lethal out there. Our estate hasn't been gritted at all and isn't going to be - I'm not at all sure if I am even going to be able to get off the estate onto the main road in the morning, it's only a short slope but you wheel spin even in dry conditions trying to get out with ice I really don't fancy it at all wacko.gif Poor Nick will be out delivering tomorrow as well so I'll worry all bloody day, plus Nogs due back at the vets .... lets hope the snow stops and things thaw before morning.

hope you get out tomorrow snow hubby is also worried he wont get out of the village tomorrow we have had more snow and although the council have gritted i think its only the main routes (and we aint one of em)its stopped here now and the skies are clear so we may be in with a chance

Morning :tired:

I am overwhelmed by all the PM's, posts and status updates from luffly Fugees :liebe94: Thank you all so much, you don't know how much it means.

I am full of a cold and I don't want to go into work today but if I stay at home I don't know what I'll do with myself. I have a day's leave that I was saving just in case I had to take Milly to the vets - think I will take it on Christmas Eve. My director is supposedly taking us out to lunch tomorrow - I wasn't going to go but a) they are going to Frankie and Bennys and I've never been and b) he's told us that we won't need to come back to the office afterwards which means I could go and do my food shopping afterwards rather than wait until Christmas Eve which would no doubt be bedlam wacko.gif

Morning :flowers:

:GroupHug: Alex, that sounds like a good plan for the week. :flowers:

Hope everyone stays safe in the icy conditions today :flowers:

I'm off work this week as, for once. I have places to go and people to see :rolleyes:

We are booked to go to an olde worlde event at the Black Country Museum tonight and Keith was supposed to finish early. Unfortunately he's got deliveries up north today :( He's left at six to try and make up some time, fingers crossed the weather doesn't get any worse.

On a lighter note, here is a pic of Cherry and Jack on the ice at Kingsbury Water Park yesterday. Cherrry only went on to get Jack off. I think she has a very "Wait till I get you home" expression here! :laugh: :wub:

P1010421.jpg

(they were in no danger, this was right at the shoreline, so mostly stones underneath them)

Good morning :wavey:

Day off work today :biggrin: The boys and I are off to visit Sam Squigg with a carfull of stuff my mum has been collecting for Dogstar - tombola prizes etc.

We've had a covering of snow overnight. Like yesterday morning I expect the estate will be slippery but the main roads were gritted so should be ok.

I always think of Winter Solstice as the true change of the year. I will be lighting my candles tonight and thinking of absent friends.

I think it was Julius Ceasar or one of his Roman mates who messed about with the calendar so 1st Jan is not really the start of the year anyway :wacko:

Alex :GroupHug:

We will all be with you in spirit today.

Our village is still iced up. We have snow that has melted and refrozen, I tried chipping it off the path with a spade yesterday but it's like iron. Very slippery too, I skipped the dogs second walk cos our drive and most of the lanes are coated.

Don't think we'll be going anywhere today: I hope it will melt enough to let us get out soon or we are going to have a rather hungry christmas, haven't done any of the food shopping yet!

... I wonder how much it would cost to melt the way at least to the road with a hair dryer? Lots probably, and I don't think the road has been gritted so it probably wouldn't help! :laugh:

Edited by cycas

I'm off work this week as, for once. I have places to go and people to see :rolleyes:

I think you should get all your stuff done today and stay in tomorrow morning! :flowers:

There are more people in work today then there were last week boo :mecry: don't like the office being so busy...

The cats are hating this weather and are really clingy trying to stay warm. Poor things have taken to lying in front of any heater I turn on in a bid to keep toasty!

Well I made it in to work - feck knows how cos it was really really scarey, before I even went 10 yards I watched a white van come round the bend to my street and end up travelling sideways and mounting the curb wacko.gif It was partially my own fault because I chose to come through the lanes after all as when I got to the turning that part looked all clear so I assumed it would be clear all the way - it wasn't, it was clear only until you round the first corner after that it was sheet ice the entire way. Robbies got an SUV lodged in his fence - it happened last night during the carol service, the family had parked by the church and were inside at the carol service - it iced up so suddenly that their car slid 18' back down the hill and ended up wedged in the fence, it was flipping lucky the fence got in the way because the drive comes out onto a blind bend in the road and it could easily have killed someone.

Having made it through the lanes fishtailing and skidding the whole way (and not having come out of 2nd gear for the full 6 miles) I suddenly realised I had to get down the bloody big hill into the village with the 90 degree turn at the bottom.... got to the top and the hill hadn't been gritted it was like looking down an olympic ski jump so I parked at the top and rang the boss who suggested I walk down wacko.gif ummm nooooooo that looked even more flipping dangerous thank you very much! I watched another car go down safely so in the end I took a chance and went down in 1st gear but I didn't fecking like it! How in the effing hell I am going to get back up it at 12 if it's still as bad I really don't know wacko.gif at least the main roads are clear if I can make it up on to them.