UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Have a good time tonight Marge flowers.gif

I was a mess in the office today so my director told me I didn't have to be there. I lasted the morning and couldn't stop blubbing at the photos of Milly on my desk so ended up leaving at lunchtime.

I have just braved Sainsburys to do my Christmas food shopping. The car park was bedlam, partly due to the slush and show, but oddly enough Sainsburys itself wasn't too bad. I didn't make a list so ended up buying lots of yummy stuff and my fridge/freezer are now crammed. What's the betting I've forgotten something I need? rolleyes.gif

Roads are pretty bad, so why do some feckwits still drive round with mobile phones to their ears? Idiots angry.gif

It's Spud's 8th birthday today.

Daisy got an electric shock from the sheep fencing on our walk today, poor ickle Dinkle, she was only sniffing the ground and her ear touched the bottom wire sad01_anim.gif

Happy Burpday to ickle Spud wub.gif and a gentle squish for poor Daisy Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Scoobs is low to the ground but thankfully not as low as your little chap.

Are you casting aspertions on Nige? ohmy.gif

RMF : The touchpad on this laptop is far too sensitive rolleyes.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been out!!!! Took dogs in the park behind the house. The snow has brought down quite a large tree across the "secret" path that we always use. Como decided to jump through the branches, just as if there was nothing there! He is SO goofy but now I can see how Flo might have cut herself if she does the same thing when she's disappeared into the woods.

Then, deep joy, we went to get a few last things for Christmas. It was manic, queues and queues of cars, car parks like skating rinks and the parking bays are hidden because of the snow so people were parked totally randomly. FGS :mad: do people not have the sense they were born with? So I came home with some big boxes of tissues and a bottle of Benylin. :laugh: :laugh:

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr tis Freeeezing, we lost Gas this morning and they said they would be out to fix due to be on their priority list.. they have still not been.. and i have just rang up and they said it could be up to 10pm now due to the weather.. its rather slippy their, told insurance man to be careful as our path is icy and he nearly fell....

Rang gas people again an hour ago, still no news.. told them that if we have no heating over night, my kidney will start to go downhill fast and go into retention and i dont want to spend xmas in hossie :angry: got electric heater on downstairs and hot water bottles out lol, will light up the church candles soon and rub me hands over that... :laugh: :laugh: or cuddle up to the collies lol.. but for some reason they refuse to lend me their wooly coats, selfish buggers :wink:

I have seen some real bloody idiots on the roads today driving far too fast and too close to other cars and I got cut up good and proper by some complete feckwit in a blue minibus - had there been any ice on the road where he did it I wouldn't have stood a sodding chance - moron! rolleyes.gif

Back from the vets which was surreal my vet has a huuuuge fresh plaster over one eye - from what I gather amongst the sniggering from the vet nurses it had something to do with an angry parrot and a chair wacko.gif laugh.gif (apparently he was trying to escape said angry parrot and fell over a chair and banged his head on the examination table ohmy.gif laugh.gif ). It must have done something to his brain because he said "right Noggin we'll see you and your mum on the 25th" - to which my reply was - oh no you flipping well won't! laugh.gif We haggled a bit as he wanted Boxing day as the alternative which is also flipping out of the question and he agreed to let us go back on the 24th, I strongly suspect that will mean another visit on the 27th too and then Nog goes in on the 29th - blinking heck some relaxing xmas this will be - not. sad.gif

:GroupHug: Karen - get a duvet, sit under it, and arrange collies on/around you. If you ring them again start mentioning the words "BBC" and "Lawyer". That works!

We have had a teeny tiny bit of snow - as in its settled but you can still see the pavement. So how come when I just went to Tescos, people where buying huge cases of beans, 12 loaves of bread etc etc? Something I dont know about? We're hardly snowed in FFS. I only wnet in for a bottle of Jim Bean for my Dads Xmas pressie and some rice cakes. Some stupid bint ran into my leg with her trolley. I of course went ape and screamed at her whilst waving my stick manically. It really, really hurt and if I had gone over I would not have been able to get up again. Stupid woman. :mad:

My mum and sister went into town this afternoon - I talked to my dad at 2.30 and he was just heading into Reading to collect them.  I just had my Nanna on the phone (she lives with my parents) asking if I knew where everyone was!  Called my mum, got my sister, and apparently dad is still trying to get into Reading - traffic is terrible  :(  It is normally a 15 minute trip into town  :huh:  It has been snowing heavily for the last couple of hours.  Fingers crossed they can get home  :unsure:  Otherwise I'm going to be figuring out a way for me to get over to their house, as Nanna is in a bit of a panic - she doesn't do well when left alone for very long :(  I might be in for a long snowy walk over there.

:GroupHug: Karen - get a duvet, sit under it, and arrange collies on/around you. If you ring them again start mentioning the words "BBC" and "Lawyer". That works!

We have had a teeny tiny bit of snow - as in its settled but you can still see the pavement. So how come when I just went to Tescos, people where buying huge cases of beans, 12 loaves of bread etc etc? Something I dont know about? We're hardly snowed in FFS. I only wnet in for a bottle of Jim Bean for my Dads Xmas pressie and some rice cakes. Some stupid bint ran into my leg with her trolley. I of course went ape and screamed at her whilst waving my stick manically. It really, really hurt and if I had gone over I would not have been able to get up again. Stupid woman. :mad:

:GroupHug: ouch Sarah bet that hurt.. I got the sleeping bag out and the duvet.. and Badger is snuggled up with me lol, i told him its his duty to snuggle up, and Pudsey.. they are the fluffiest... aw if I had Caff and Rosie here now would be warm as toast..

We have snow on floor and its all ice, i not ventured out today, will go out tommorrow, dogs went outside and were slipping everywhere so we came back..oh my its black now and still no flaming gas person..grrrrrrr

How sad about Brittany Murphy - 32 years old, can't believe it. I loved her in Clueless, one of my all time favourite films.

Chris my American guy has emailed me, hoping I am ok with the snow bless him. :wub: :wub:

Fleet has come to a standstill. The cars just arent moving! The snow is snow bad :(

Hello fugees :wavey:

had a fab day with a visit from Wendy , Wiggle and Sir H delivering rather a lot of donated items from the house of Bert and Mummybert

We went to park where Wiggle chased his ball and Noah and Sir H made snow angels , I didn't have my camera but Wendy did so hopefully she has some photos to share later

my WSPA visit is now not on the 28th January due to unforeseen events at their end which is a bummer and a half , they maybe able to come earlier but they can't confirm yet and I may or may not have to be on a plane within 7 days !

Big snow here again. :( I was planning to go into work in Luton for my last day tomorrow. My temp contract lasts until the end of Dec but I was going to take 29th as leave. I ain't going nowhere tomorrow if it's snowier than it is today, Luton is too hilly to drive around in the snow. :(

Cafferysmum hope you are managing to stay warm and the gas man turns up soon.

Sarah, that shopping sounds scary, hope the leg isn't too bruised.

Snow, I was walking the dogs just now and a car slid right past me down the road, wheels locked, driver's face in rictus of terror.... he didn't hit anything, but I bet he was regretting his choice of route.

It's been melting today here, so am crossing fingers that we'll be able to get out of the village tomorrow and get some more cat food, otherwise I fear we may end up becoming Xmas Dinner for 6 starving moggies... :laugh:

a car is stuck outside on the main road. I can see all the cars backed up along the other main roads, just because of that one car. someone has just pushed him into the bus stop, but all the cars behind him are now having trouble hill starting lol

problem is, lewis is in his car, trying to get home, and has been for over an hour. this car could be stopping him!