UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's too late tonight now (have a 5.45 am start tomorrow) but perhaps a meeting with the Wiccaweys Special Potion laced with whisky could be in order tomorrow night.

As I seem unable to spell pharmacist either, I guess I'm not fit for too much more. :laughingsmiley:

Lying hadn't occurred to me :ohmy: but then thinking about it, each time I had my foot operated on they gave me painkillers "not to be taken by asthmatics" - and when I queried it each time, they said it was fine.

Such is the world of medecine I guess.

I have no idea how you spell the clever person in the chemist :laugh: All I know is i have tried every cough medicine on the shelves and have yet to induce an asthma attack but follow that advice at your own risk :unsure: a gob full of covonia, a gob full of night nurse and a lemsip with southern comfort in does go a long way towards a good nights sleep though :wacko:

Quite a few fugees need hugs :GroupHug:

Mags - glad your Mum's doing OK. Why has no-one asked you to download your "probably being exhibited as we speak" photos here?

I didn't want to be presumptious (sp??) and just put them up.........

I meant to! I think I got distracted by board errors and forgot. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :laugh: Mags, can we see your photos please? :flowers: :flowers:

.....but seeing as I've been asked, I'll put them up tomorrow. Thank you for the interest in seeing them

good morning I just wanted to share something that happened to me yesterday after the announcement that the war was over here

Mo and I bumped into the wives of 2 of the local tuk tuk drivers, one has a little boy about 2 years old and the other expecting her first baby in 3 months

both were very excited and telling us the war was over and smiling and saying how happy they were and the pregnant lady kept patting her bump and repeating the word freedom and grinning

I can tell you it made me think about all the trivial things I stress and worry about and it made me feel really humble

we are so so so so lucky in the UK and hopefully now the people here can feel lucky too

Sam - that may have made me leak a bit (in a nice way) :crying_anim:

I've just had it pointed out that my fecking depression is back with a vengeance :mecry: I didn't even see it coming again :(

So sorry :( :GroupHug:

Wendypants - if you need to chat you know where I am :GroupHug:

Oh yes, morning :tired:

Ermmmm...... :unsure: I'm going to Gwithian, near Hayle, so what's that classed as? :wacko: Isn't it South West?

Hayle is lovely, used to go there as a child on during summer holidays

RMF leapt out of bed at 4 this morning, Cliffy screaming the house down

as he tried to move or do something, and I mean screaming!!!!!!!

Poor boy, I feel I should be at home and not here, gave him his metacam

this morning, put the syringe near his mouth and he just opened wide

cos he knows it helps him :mecry: :mecry:

Wenders and Mucky duck I am thinking of you both :GroupHug:

I want to share a really strange happening with you. I have taken to starting the day off by watching Susan Boyle's audition for BGT as I just find it up lifting. So I switched the pooter on this morning to do just that and as soon as everything had loaded Roy Orbison suddenly started singing "Scarlet Ribbons".

Now I can't listen to this without bawling like a baby as my mum used to sing it to me and she died when I had just turned 5. Her singing this song to me is one of the few remaining memories I have of her. I have been thinking of her over the last couple of days and was just talking about her yesterday to Eileen from Trailie Welfare saying that I thought she was looking after me and George yesterday. Spooky or what :worried_anim:

I have shared my lurgies with my OH. My OH has declared that even though he has lurgies, my lurgies were quite obviously far worse than his ......... :unsure: Now I'm not at all sure if he's feeling well. At all!!!

I inflicted coughs, grunts and loud harumphing nose blowings at work today. The biggest sympathy I had was from my colleague somewhere in Germany who thought I should be at home. And to top it all, unfortunately my colleague in my office texted my boss yesterday to say HE had 'flu. (I do not have 'flu, I have a cold.) Been trying to alleviate coughings with Lockets - think they may disagree with me. Nothing disagrees with me. :wacko: Can't take most cough mixtures (pharmecists don't like asthmatics taking cough mixtures!) so couldn't be bothered to find something I was allowed.

However.

Mags - glad your Mum's doing OK. Why has no-one asked you to download your "probably being exhibited as we speak" photos here?

Farah, keep away from Mum's cooking in kitchens. Especially mine - I usually manage to drop something heavier than a dog treat on someone's head.

:GroupHug: to hooomans and non-hoooomans needing it.

If you go back to the pharmacy ask for a bottle of Glycerine. It costs about a quid.

Glycerine sticks like glue to your throat. It attracts moisture to it hence its used in soap and face creams. Pears soap was made from it. Its used in cookery because it makes moisture have a smooth consistency.

In your throat it acts as a barrier so it stops sore throats and it keeps your mouth and throat lubricated. If you boil a little Ribena to reduce it and then mix in Glycerine you get a throat lozenge in liquid form but if you add a smidgeon of vinegar the fumes make you cough up gunk ( called an expectorant I think ) If you added a little honey you get an anti bacterial throat medicine

we are so so so so lucky in the UK and hopefully now the people here can feel lucky too

We are lucky indeed. I often read things on the BBC News site, not just about war but about people not being able to protest, not being entitled to freedom of speech etc and appreciate living in the UK very much.

:GroupHug: for Nige and Cliffy :GroupHug:

Marion, does sound very much like your mum wanted you to know that she's looking out for you :GroupHug: