UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

At four? That's terribly sad :( :(

My daughter in law was a child carer for both her parents, who were both confined to wheelchairs.

As her mother was not able to, she had to go to hospital in the ambulance with her dad, when he collapsed. She was telling us last week that the doctors used to ignore her and ask the ambulance men about her dad's condition. They just used to say' Talk to the child, she's telling us.'

At ten years old she had to lift her mother to help her get out of bed, but the adult carers weren't allowed to lift her on their own, there had to be two of them.

From the age of sixteen, her income was included in the calculation for her parents benefits and they would have lost a lot of their support. As she went to college that didn't happen until she finished her course, but she then had to move out of the house to prevent her being left to care for her parents fulltime.

Hence she and my son moved in together.

Her mother was always very determined that she would be allowed to lead her own life, and have her own career.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read back earlier and have now forgotten paractically everything :unsure:

:GroupHug: to those with poorly dogs and yoomans

Don't you just hate it when a tissue or 2 gets left in a pocket and sneaks into the washing machine :mad: (as well as a pocket full of new pooh bags)

RM :blush02: :blush02: :blush02: F

I was in the downstairs loo when I realised that the noo loo roll was on the side in the kitchen so I waddled out with my trousies and pants round my knees, in a John Wayne stylee. The back door was open and my neighbour was in her garden - she even said hello :blush02: :blush02: :blush02: :ohmy:

I was in the downstairs loo when I realised that the noo loo roll was on the side in the kitchen so I waddled out with my trousies and pants round my knees, in a John Wayne stylee. The back door was open and my neighbour was in her garden - she even said hello :blush02: :blush02: :blush02: :ohmy:

oh class. Bet the neighbour has fun recounting that tale to her friends and family :laugh: :laugh:

OMG! OMG! OMG! I am blushing for you!! :ohno02: :blush02: :blush02: :laugh:

RM :blush02: :blush02: :blush02: F

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

I am making Gingerbread.

And cough mixture.

I like this cough mixture. I'm sticking with blackcurrant and honey for now. :)

Just wondered if it had ever been used to sooth the Welsh Police .......................... ?

I am making Gingerbread.

And cough mixture.

I like this cough mixture. I'm sticking with blackcurrant and honey for now. :)

Just wondered if it had ever been used to sooth the Welsh Police .......................... ?

i would think vodka would make a nice ingredient too :D

Thank you for all the hugs n stuff :flowers:

have some more from me :GroupHug:

DSC01760.jpg

:wub:

I had a great time thank you, got in way past my bedtime, but it was worth it. Met up with friends and had my photo done with my favourite leading man

DSC00548.jpg

lovely :biggrin:

evening. my quiet day didnt quite go to plan and i have run about like a blue arsed fly this afternoon. I have been kept amused by my 'bullshit alarm' which has gone off several times through the day. I do wonder just how gullible people think I am at times. It has kept me amused though and kept my stress levels down. I can recommend laughter and vodka as a perfect mix for curing any gloomy moments

:laugh:

RM :blush02: F

I was in the downstairs loo when I realised that the noo loo roll was on the side in the kitchen so I waddled out with my trousies and pants round my knees, in a John Wayne stylee. The back door was open and my neighbour was in her garden - she even said hello

:laugh:

:GroupHug: Owl

I'm sure your mum was with you Marion :flowers:

:GroupHug: Finn

:GroupHug: Izzie

:GroupHug: Michelle

:flowers: :GroupHug: For all i've missed, only managed to skim really.

Thank goodness the car goes into the garage tomorrow, was a bit scary today when the temperature guage kept going up. I had to stop a couple of times and I couldn't get the bonnet open to check anything. Hope it gets fixed quickly. :unsure:

:ohmy: Happy about VAT :ohmy: I will never ever be happy about VAT :glare:

As for Clive, you can hardly tell there's anything wrong with him :rolleyes: Gawd knows how he's going to react to no walks over the next few days. I predict lots and lots of howling :laugh:

But it means that I dont have to spend the day in the hell that is my office. :biggrin:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Marge, I hope they can sort your car out properly this time. :flowers:

Mags, love the photos. Its something I am really getting into at the moment. Currently looking for local classes to learn more but have joined a couple of forums to get more advice. :biggrin: Its a bit addictive isnt it!