UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

Poor boy, I feel I should be at home and not here, gave him his metacam

this morning, put the syringe near his mouth and he just opened wide

cos he knows it helps him :mecry: :mecry:

Awwww poor lad :wub: He obviously trusts you completely, Bless him :wub:

I want to share a really strange happening with you. I have taken to starting the day off by watching Susan Boyle's audition for BGT as I just find it up lifting. So I switched the pooter on this morning to do just that and as soon as everything had loaded Roy Orbison suddenly started singing "Scarlet Ribbons".

Now I can't listen to this without bawling like a baby as my mum used to sing it to me and she died when I had just turned 5. Her singing this song to me is one of the few remaining memories I have of her. I have been thinking of her over the last couple of days and was just talking about her yesterday to Eileen from Trailie Welfare saying that I thought she was looking after me and George yesterday. Spooky or what :worried_anim:

:unsure: Spooky, but how wonderful to have your mum watching over you

I've just listed my car on ebay - it's the first thing I have ever sold on there :wacko: Talk about in at the deep end! I really need to sell it fast and for lots of money as I'm making church mice look flush!! I'd appreciate lots of "sell for lots" thoughts for it. It feels a bit odd asking for good thoughts about money, but I'm not being greedy, I need the money to live on!! :flowers:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning all. trying hard to be motivated at work but struggling a wee bit. My aunt died yesterday afternoon (brain tumour) and we're all in limbo waiting to hear about funeral arrangements. Think I've posted about her before, she was also the main carer for my uncle who is pretty bad with MS :mecry:

RMF: I have drunk two cups of earl grey tea today already, but now wondering about having a coffee...

RMadmiration @ Alex - no idea how you manage to keep motivated for all those exams, but you go for it! :nerd:

If I can help in any way whatsoever I will :flowers: Although obviously not having a clue or an idea what the issues are I'm offering blind here :flowers:

Thank you lovely Mindy :flowers: Tis stuff we need to get through, but thank you :flowers:

Not sure how we will resolve one of the things but hopefully we will and the other will just take time, wasn't helped by thinking that the wages Rob paid in to the bank on Friday had disappeared, but thankfully they were there this morning (a few days later than expected and worried the hell out of us!).

I've just listed my car on ebay - it's the first thing I have ever sold on there :wacko: Talk about in at the deep end! I really need to sell it fast and for lots of money as I'm making church mice look flush!! I'd appreciate lots of "sell for lots" thoughts for it. It feels a bit odd asking for good thoughts about money, but I'm not being greedy, I need the money to live on!! :flowers:

Sending lots of positive money thoughts :flowers:

came and went away cos yantan made my eyes leak, you are a lucky girl indeed :GroupHug:

I have just had a leaflet through the door from someone who is having a party at the social club round the corner warning us that between 10pm and 10.15pm they will be having fireworks so we can keep our pets in doors and he hopes it wont inconvenience us too much. Isn't that lovely, someone that can think like that at the age of 21.. so... Happy 21st Simon for the 30th May and thank you for your consideration

I have just had a leaflet through the door from someone who is having a party at the social club round the corner warning us that between 10pm and 10.15pm they will be having fireworks so we can keep our pets in doors and he hopes it wont inconvenience us too much. Isn't that lovely, someone that can think like that at the age of 21.. so... Happy 21st Simon for the 30th May and thank you for your consideration

That is very thoughtful indeed :flowers:

came and went away cos yantan made my eyes leak, you are a lucky girl indeed :GroupHug:

How nice of them to think :flowers:

my oldest is 21 on monday, how did that happen?

You really want us to tell you!!! You must know how you had him :D :laugh:

:GroupHug: to purple mog & family.

Good thoughts for Wendy, Ange, Muckychook and ££thoughts for billydog.

Yantan, glad you had a nice message from mum :GroupHug:

I had a weird thing a while ago - an email from Chi :wacko: I kept his mailbox open as he knew loads of musicians and folk on the net who I knew nothing about, and sometimes they mail him, so I need to be able to answer them and explain. No idea what I did, but somehow I resent a mail to me which must have been lurking in his outbox. I got this email with some cute kitten photos on it.

Walk was shorter this morning due to extreme rain. Wispa pointed and stalked something very scary - a dead umbrella which was being blown about :rolleyes: It was flapping and waving its ribs at her in a threatening way, so she didn't risk grabbing hold of it but got it cornered and waited for me to dispatch it. All done by the official GSP rule book :laugh: Best way to deal with it, nasty metal points on that thing. She looked well impressed when I overpowered it and shoved it into a bin.

Healing thoughts for wee Cliffy. Hope the pain improves soon. :GroupHug:

Edited by owl

If you go back to the pharmacy ask for a bottle of Glycerine. It costs about a quid.

Glycerine sticks like glue to your throat. It attracts moisture to it hence its used in soap and face creams. Pears soap was made from it. Its used in cookery because it makes moisture have a smooth consistency.

In your throat it acts as a barrier so it stops sore throats and it keeps your mouth and throat lubricated. If you boil a little Ribena to reduce it and then mix in Glycerine you get a throat lozenge in liquid form but if you add a smidgeon of vinegar the fumes make you cough up gunk ( called an expectorant I think ) If you added a little honey you get an anti bacterial throat medicine

I am off to the chemists to buy soom glycerine (although I do wonder if I have some in my baking cupboard ................ :unsure: )

Tonight I am going to be "cooking" cough mixture.

Sounds brilliant. :flowers:

I am off to the chemists to buy soom glycerine (although I do wonder if I have some in my baking cupboard ................ :unsure: )

Tonight I am going to be "cooking" cough mixture.

Sounds brilliant. :flowers:

Dont forget to drink a lemsip with whiskey/southern comfort while you make it :laugh: