UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Alex,I too wondered if Max might have a bug but also being affected by losing his sister :GroupHug: Did you text your boss back or just let him find out tomorrow when you dont turn up? :laugh:

Sandra and Keira :GroupHug: Sounds like Keira was looking after her mummy last night :wub: I hope she is feeling better again today.

Mel, I think you are completely bonkers but in a normal way too. Thats the kind of thing I would do! :laugh:

Wendy enjoy your not too busy day :flowers: Glad Sir H is feeling better.

Our weather forecast says heavy snow from 12pm to 6pm. Its got 20 minutes to start! :laugh: I was quite looking forward to it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the hugs smile.gif

Yep spoken to him and his Dad but its just the way she is - a grouchy old woman who's only joy is pissing other people off. I kind of feel sorry for her - she's never happy, just sits and watches the TV whilst occasionally screaming at us or the dogs. I don't know how a person can live their life with that sort of 'ugly' inside of them. Meh. Its a standing joke at the pub - we can't have people over either cos she moans at them too. sad01_anim.gif

This sometimes works.

Have a word/warn with OH and his dad first, then fire right back. Some people who behave like that just need to know that they can't walk all over people. After the initial explotion (sp) you never know, might land up with a new best friend. Whatever happens, have a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif it is an awful situation to be living in.

Back to work.........again. rolleyes.gif

Vile weather here - very wet and cold,cut short our walk in the park as it was just too misearble even for us :laugh: I slipped on the ice very early Christmas Day walking Ds before work and landed on my hip.It is now very tender indeed,no bruising at all but if I lie on it,hit it against something it's excruciating,hope it wears off soon.

Nog is having his surgery today, we're now just waiting to hear how it's gone. We had a long chat with the surgeon this morning and he is very positive about things to the extent that he feels Nog may not need any additional fixation albeit that until he can get a look at the bones and manipulate them he won't be 100% sure - this is much more positive than I had been anticipating so fingers crossed, he is also hoping not to have to do any grafting and hopes he can close the wounds up surgically, and that being the case we'll know within 2 days whether or not they are going to heal this time. In addition he's heard back from the makers of the plate and Nog is indeed the only dog to have ever rejected it and so there could be a "paper" in it - see told ya my dog was "special" rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif the plate is being sent back to the manufacturers along with full details of the treatment and pathology so far and they are going to run tests etc. so they can find out if this is a sighthound issue that needs to be looked at further. You know I really could have happily lived my whole life without having a dog who was advancing medical science wacko.gif positive thoughts please for the bones being strong and healed and for no fixation being required.

afternoon. I have tried several times to say hello today but work is chaotic and i have what feels like millions of animals arriving and leaving today :laugh: (in reality 23 are going home and 12 are coming in).

Glad sir H and Max have both stopped upchucking and hope both are fine now :GroupHug:

Nog, truly a one in a million dog eh :laugh: Lots of good thoughts for the op today :GroupHug:

Ive had lunch, tried to keep a cool head through a busy day and am currently wondering if pontificating is a genetic annoyance or do peple practice knowing everything. what started out as a fine day has currently turned into a really pissy one

Happy new Blackberry Wendy flowers.gif

Melf you should keep a diary and then one day down the line have it published flowers.gif Well done on feeding Mr Heron.

Mel I love you, you make me realise I am totally normal flowers.gif

Me too laugh.gif

Alex,I too wondered if Max might have a bug but also being affected by losing his sister Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Did you text your boss back or just let him find out tomorrow when you dont turn up?

I texted him back - in reply to his "won't be in today, see you tomorrow", I sent "no you won't, see you on the 4th" laugh.gif

It may well be that Max is just feeling unsettled. Taffy certainly seems more clingy so maybe it affects them in different ways flowers.gif

This sometimes works.

Have a word/warn with OH and his dad first, then fire right back. Some people who behave like that just need to know that they can't walk all over people. After the initial explotion (sp) you never know, might land up with a new best friend.

Actually that's not such a bad idea. Maybe if you talk to her and tell her that her behaviour is not acceptable then she will stop. If not, then snipe back at her. Bullies usually back down when someone stands up to them flowers.gif

Nog is having his surgery today, we're now just waiting to hear how it's gone.

Fingers crossed for Nog flowers.gif

I have been to Sainsbury's to buy a few bits and pieces and ended up having a splurge on kitchen utensils.

Also, I have wanted a new kettle for a while but could never seem to find the right one and today I saw one in Sainsbury's which I liked, but as it was quite pricey and I had some Argos vouchers, I went and bought it from there instead and it cost me nothing. It's a Morphy Richards Intelliboil. I absolutely love it, you can set the temperature to boil to different temperatures (say for instance I was using the cafetiere I would normally need to let the water cool down a bit as it ruins the coffee if you pour boiling water on it). It's also the perfect size, shape, colour etc. so I am rather chuffed with it (I never thought I'd see the day I got excited over a kettle rolleyes.gif ).

I am now having fresh crusty bread with pate and a nice cuppa.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for all pukey/wheezy/limpy dogs and their stressed hooman's.

Our pavements remain blocked by snow but at least I managed to drive to the farm shop for some layers pellets.

Spoke to my friend who lives up the hill, that have now been snowed in since the 18th ohmy.gif, if that was Ed and I you'd be able to see me on the six o'clock news, being bundled into the back of a cop car axehead.png.

Enjoyed Triffids last night, bit of a departure from the original but it did keep it updated, Eddie Izzard was by far the best thing in it, Brian Cox is in it tonight, he'll no doubt act the rest of them of the screen, the Triffids though were just silly, they could have done a bit better with them I think.