UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

for those who read my FB status about the little staffie girl, the warden just phoned me. :biggrin: She is currently residing with one of the policemen who was on duty when I took her in.

They are sending someone round to the people who dumped her today so Ill update you if i hear anymore x :flowers:

Brilliant news Cheryl,she'll have a much better life now,thanks to you being right behind the ******* who dumped her.

Had a very cold walk along the beach at Minehead after doing a homecheck,was quite invigorating after a while.Kept Ds out of the sea though,too cold for the drive home.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a real old fashioned once in a blue moon doing f*ck all day laugh.gif we're part way through a Gavin & Stacey marathon - we hadn't seen any of them til this 3rd series so I got Rob series 1 & 2 for xmas, we saw series 1 yesterday and today it's series 2. Must admit we are creased up laughing at some of the stuff and cringing like mad at others, in between pausing it and arguing about whether or not I sound like & say some of the things Stacey & Nessa do rolleyes.gif laugh.gif I definately have never said "O" in my life neither have I said "whats occurin?" however I will admit to saying "alright rob alright?" more often than I realised and I have still not quite kicked my "tidy" habit laugh.gif laugh.gif

I am having a real old fashioned once in a blue moon doing f*ck all day laugh.gif we're part way through a Gavin & Stacey marathon

Do you like the bit where Stacey and Nessa are in the bathroom, Stacey in the shower and Nessa in the bath. Nessa asks Stacey to do her back and when Stacey says ok, Nessa says, "the razor's on the side of the bath." :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well done Mel, what an incredibly kind and generous thing to do flowers.gif.........I am now doubly impressed at your first aid cupboard, how on earth did you get Tamiflu ?wacko.gif

From an american pharmacy i use for other stuff :flowers: we keep a couple of boxes in just in case as until recently :rolleyes: vets and the public hadnt heard of the stuff over here

Hubbys american cousin recommended it for parvo as vets over there have been using it for some time as a cheaper alternative to interferon.

Edited by Rumpole
eta we do NOT administer tamiflu we leave that to the vet but tis handy if you have the stuff should there be an emergency

We are back from our agility show, Glen was a good boy :biggrin: We got eliminated in two rounds, once due to his idiot mother missing out half the course! :axehead:

In his other rounds he had some faults, but in all I was really pleased with my handsome boy :wub: Someone I don't know congratulated me on his performance at his first show :angel:

I am now thawed out having had a long soak in a hot bath and Glen and I will have a quiet night in with the girls watching TV :bigeyed:

Evening :wavey: home again after a lovely time at Mindy's :biggrin: Sir H seems much better, thankfully, and has just eaten some rice and egg. Hope he keeps it down ok, poor thing was worn out from being sick so many times - every 20 minutes at one point :(

We had a successful little trip to the shops at Clapham Junction where I got a new winter coat for £30 instead of £80 and Mindy picked up a few bargains too :biggrin:

Back to work tomrorow though :rolleyes:

We are back from our agility show, Glen was a good boy :biggrin: We got eliminated in two rounds, once due to his idiot mother missing out half the course! :axehead:

In his other rounds he had some faults, but in all I was really pleased with my handsome boy :wub: Someone I don't know congratulated me on his performance at his first show :angel:

I'm wide-eyed with admiration - I do fun agility with Como and can hardly ever remember the course, even though our trainer kindly breaks it down into sections for me. :wacko: I can't imagine how hard it is when you are under pressure in a competition. So a big well done from me and my boy. :bigsmiley:

Belated Xmas :GroupHug: for those missing loved ones, poorly peoples, owchy peoples, peoples caring for other peoples, and general people in general :)

Feel really crappy - haven't taken HRH for a walk in days because of the ice (OH's Dad is thankfully off work and walking him for me) and to top it off my Dr said out of the blue I need more blood tests to check what I haven't been tested for - now I had bloods taken about a month ago and they tested for pretty much everything then - arthritis etc - so meeping a little bit :(

Also realised I have made a HUGE mistake in moving in with my OH - I love him to bits, he takes care of me and makes sure I'm OK. His Dad rocks - does lifting stuffs when Marky's not about, walks Scooby etc etc. The one thing thats not so good is OH's Mum. She is fine one minute and making my life a misery the next - she threw my laundry basket across our bedroom (I NEVER ask her to do my laundry, she goes in every day and just does it. I get told off if I try and use the washing machine) She makes snide remarks then is fine. I use dthe upstairs toilet the other day after the put cleaner in it - it had been soaking for a while and I needed a wee so I scrubbed it with a brush properly, used the loo, flushed and wandered off to hear her screaming I had used the loo AGAIN and she had to clean it AGAIN (hey I just cleaned it already :dry: ) Marky and his Dad have both just said - ignore her, walk away, go use one of the bolt-holes (bug shed or snake room) go to the pub etc etc but at the moment I can't really go out as I can't cope very well with the cold and I don't want to hide upstairs in my bedroom as Scooby isn't allowed upstairs, and I want to spend time with him :unsure: A family friend has talked to me about it and given his opinion - he says OH's mum is one of those people who thrive on making other people as miserable as possible, and she's not happy herself unless she miserable and moaning about something.

Mammoth post, really sorry :(

Cheryl, great news about the staffie. :flowers:

Alex, I am looking forward to Millys celebration thread and to hearing of and seeing pics of her antics. :GroupHug: :wub: Sending :GroupHug: for Max.

Rumpole, how fortunate for the pup that you were in the vets at that time! I figure the vets owe you a thank you too. I imagine the owners were very grateful to you. :flowers:

Victoria, was there a big splash? :laugh:

Sarah, have you spoken to OH about it properly and told him how you really feel? Its not on making you feel like that! :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Paul bought a new laptop today on my suggestion. :biggrin: We can now talk to each other online in the same room! :laugh:

Sarah, have you spoken to OH about it properly and told him how you really feel? Its not on making you feel like that! :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thanks for the hugs :)

Yep spoken to him and his Dad but its just the way she is - a grouchy old woman who's only joy is pissing other people off. I kind of feel sorry for her - she's never happy, just sits and watches the TV whilst occasionally screaming at us or the dogs. I don't know how a person can live their life with that sort of 'ugly' inside of them. Meh. Its a standing joke at the pub - we can't have people over either cos she moans at them too. :(

Thanks for the hugs :)

Yep spoken to him and his Dad but its just the way she is - a grouchy old woman who's only joy is pissing other people off. I kind of feel sorry for her - she's never happy, just sits and watches the TV whilst occasionally screaming at us or the dogs. I don't know how a person can live their life with that sort of 'ugly' inside of them. Meh. Its a standing joke at the pub - we can't have people over either cos she moans at them too. :(

She sounds just like my Evil Gran. angry.gif Can you and OH move elsewhere together..?