UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yayyyyyyy thanks pingu.. :biggrin:

Had a great day today, i set all hubbys new lappy up and got it all protected ect and we got the camcorder down and were looking at some old vids of the dogs.. ones with rosie buttons on and caffery at dumpledale.. and the one where caffery nearly drowned me :rolleyes: it was great to see them again running around.. if only eh :biggrin:

It was so funny as i had to get a lappy with xp on it as the camcorder sanyo not done software on vista which is what i have and windows 7 and they said oh dont u want windows 7.. no xp please lol.. one shop couldnt do it, but three did it for us and over the moooon.. so hubby been quiet all day.. give it 4 months before i buy another one, thats how long they last in our house before backlight or switch breaks lol and i bin and get new one.

We had a lovely long walk with doggie and human friends, but the ice/snow has badly damaged the dogs' paws - it's quite literally sliced the skin off their pads in places, so please be careful when you're going out

I need to find out if Pets at Home does neoprene dog boots so I can get some tomorrow otherwise the dogs will all be housebound until their paws heal.

To help poorly pads

"For sore cracked pads, boil up some potato peel and use the water when cool to immerse the paw. The pad will heal in a couple of days. "

Christmas a bit crap. OH in bed ill. Just want it over with.

I know this sounds crazy but I used it on Flo and kept the sore foot covered with a baby sock held up with doggy bandage (can't think of the name) then a poli bag then another sock taped at the top when we went out. It cleared up the cracked pad really well.

Edited by Spins4me

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday, a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for Spin's having a poop Crimbo.

Ben was a bit wacko.gif yesterday at Spud and Daisy and their present opening frenzy, poor thing had to take himself into the hall for a few minutes, but he couldn't stay away for long, he's far too nosy laugh.gif.

Snowed again here today, pig sick of the snow now, although Spud and Ben weren't complaining.

"RAAAARRRRR"

2009_1227first0013.jpg

2009_1227first0041.jpg

2009_1227first0064.jpg

Morning :tired:

Thanks Rick for sorting the Refuge out flowers.gif

Snowed again here today, pig sick of the snow now, although Spud and Ben weren't complaining.

"RAAAARRRRR"

2009_1227first0013.jpg

2009_1227first0041.jpg

2009_1227first0064.jpg

Bootiful pics wub.gif

Thanks for the advice re paws flowers.gif They aren't cracked as such, more that the top layer of skin has been sheared off on the sides of the pad rather than underneath. They had a day off walkies yesterday to rest them and their paws don't seem to be bothering them. Hopefully the snow/ice will have thawed on the field as it has done in my garden on the bits which are exposed. I will take vetwrap with me in case I need to strap paws up if the ice hasn't melted. Have been looking at booties for them in case needed in future so will start a thread about those as there are several different types.

Beau was scratching and biting himself like mad yesterday, leaving clumps of fur all over the living room. Have Frontlined him on the assumption that he's caught fleas so hopefully that will sort it, but I only had one pipette left so will need to get some more for the other dogs.

Morning! We had a surprisingly nice Christmas, seeing as it was cancelled. Had a lovely long walk in the snow in the morning, then went home for some food, had a nap and went to the gym (the wonders of 24/7 gyms, yay! :biggrin: ), then went for another walk/madness in the snow with the guys in a totally deserted park, had more food and then went off to see some friends, one of them already being worse for wear when I got there. For obvious reasons I've not drunk a drop, but I stilll ended up playing twister while wearing a Marie Antoinete wig :laugh: :rolleyes:

Tooth has been hell over the weekend though :( The dentist told me to only have painkillers for 2 days - the woman must be off her head! For the last 4 days I've been on the maximum amount of ibuprofen and paramol, and I still have times when I don't know what to do with myself because it hurts so much. This cannot wait until 8 Jan when I have my next appointment - I'll be on the phone tomorrow to request an emergency appointment because this is silly. Don't think that the antibiotics have helped at all :(