UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry sorry sorry for being moany about having a poop Christmas. :flowers:

I was feeling v sorry for myself last night. All family had gone, son and girlfriend went to a hotel which was his 30th birthday pressie. Daughter, son in law and Munchins had gone home cos Munchkins, being only small, had Christmas burnout. OH is v poorly and had gone to bed.

dogs had full tummies and were fast asleep - telly was crap.

Eventually cheered myself up with a big glass of red wine and a chip sandwich while having a Gavin and Stacey fest - watched all of series one and some of series two.

OH extremely poorly this morning. Might put on a hazard suit when I go to see him in a min. :laugh:

:biggrin: Tis lovely to have the Refuge back,thanks Rick.Very quite Christmas here,I was working both days,Christmas Day with the residents was lovely,the Home is at the bottom of a very steep hill which was very icy (my poor colleague slid and went into the gates,writing off her car :( ) Severeal residents who should have gone out for lunch were unable to,some visitors who arrived got in OK but couldn't get back up the hill so we had unexpected extras but there was pelnty of food and it made for a lovely atmosphere.

Morning and belated Merry Christmas wishes to all!

Strange Christmas day here in that it was lovely to see my parents and have a family day but also had a very sad day as my friend's cat went to The Bridge during Christmas Day afternoon :mecry: We knew it was going to happen as she'd been ill for a while and suddenly deteriorated Christmas morning.So we held her,stroked her and cried and kissed her and her Mummy was with her cuddling her when she passed :wub:

Sleep well Cleo :wub: :wub:

:GroupHug: cleo

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: spins :flowers:

ive been out the last 2 days which has been nice. the xmas dinner is coming via tesco oline from 11-1 today. ive spent loads of dosh without leaving the house, amazing lol

Hi Alicia

Glad you've had a good time. Thanks for the :GroupHug:

I'm going out to buy a few tatsy nibbles for me - can't live on chip butties (however much I'd like to) and some gruel for OH cos that;'s about all he can manage.

morning. Utter chaos here this morning. 1 staff rang in sick with vomiting bug, a second made it in then promptly threw up so i sent her home. 2 staff plus me till 10 is do-able but hard so we set off at a run. Opened the cattery doors to find water seeping in from the top end. All the snow in the fields was melting and at one point in the fence, coming in like a tap was running. I had to get me wellies on and dig a channel around the building, accost 2 greyhound volunteers and give them a high speed lesson in hosing, squeegying and doing beds and waters and keep digging, while seeing to the start of the 15 customers due in today :wacko: I need a drink, and Im not thinking coffee :laugh:

Took the dogs out and then went to B&Q to get some paint colour matched for my living room. B&Q is right by the Trafford Centre and the traffic was queuing half a mile away wacko.gif Thankfully there is another way I can go so I went in the opposite direction to the traffic on the way out.