UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

I have to emerge from the closet as a Daily Mail reader...sorry folks :biggrin: but in the Good Health pages today there is an article saying that people are dying because of swine flu. No, not from the swine flu, but because their symptoms could be flu the medics aren't looking at any other reason. The husband of the woman who wrote the article nearly died of pneumonia, his "swine flu" never was. They stress the fact that breathlessness and difficulty breathing is NOT a symptom of swine flu, so if you have that, get to a doctor and demand to be seen! hope all the ill ones soon feel better, human and canine. :GroupHug:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di - unfortunately it's not a one off, she puked on Sunday too sad.gif Our vet is on holiday until Friday so I am going to see if I can get an appointment with him then.

I have received a Christmas present off a supplier today which consists of 8 bars of Thorntons chocolate. I don't normally like Thorntons chocs, but their chocolate bars are a different matter entirely (and dark chocolate is my favourite).

To make you drool, I have :

• Dark chocolate with chilli
  • French dark chocolate
  • Dark chocolate with macadamia
  • Fairtrade dark chocolate
  • Dark chocolate with mint
  • Dark chocolate with wild blueberry & raspberry
  • Dark chocolate with balsamic
  • Dark chocolate with ginger.

And what a shame the dogs can't share cos chocolate's bad for them tongue.gif

I have to emerge from the closet as a Daily Mail reader...sorry folks :biggrin: but in the Good Health pages today there is an article saying that people are dying because of swine flu. No, not from the swine flu, but because their symptoms could be flu the medics aren't looking at any other reason. The husband of the woman who wrote the article nearly died of pneumonia, his "swine flu" never was. They stress the fact that breathlessness and difficulty breathing is NOT a symptom of swine flu, so if you have that, get to a doctor and demand to be seen! hope all the ill ones soon feel better, human and canine. :GroupHug:

Thanks, suzeanna. :flowers: Interesting information!!

Ah, it's good to hear that Wispa is feeling much better :flowers:

I have a chesty cough, the snuffles, a headache, my joints are aching and I was sick this morning. I have had both the ordinary flu and the swine flu jabs so it can't be either of them - can it?

Swine flu jab doesn't stop you getting it,but it will be a milder version than if you didn't have the jab and less chance of complications.

Swine flu jab doesn't stop you getting it,but it will be a milder version than if you didn't have the jab and less chance of complications.

Thank you for that info :flowers: I am very shivery today but that's all, the other symptoms have abated :biggrin:

I had an awful argument outside just as I had put the dogs in the car to take them for a walk. Two very scruffy Geordies were going door to door selling "fresh" fish, another was driving the even scruffier non refrigerated van said fish was contained in. I told them as I was about to get in the car that no I didn't want any of their fish. They asked why. So I told them! Why on earth would I want to buy fish off off the back of a van with no identification on it. It could be from anywhere and pose a health threat. They said it was labelled (whatever that meant!) and I replied "big deal, anyone can print a bloomin label". Well at that they got a little bit aggressive so I told them I had made a note of their registration number and if they didn't pee off I would report them to the police. They started shouting at me saying I couldn't tell them where they could go and that in any case they had informed the police they were selling the area.

I watched them go all the way up the street and they were turned away from every house where they got an answer. I decided to leave the car at home and just walk the boys down to the park so I wouldn't be away too long and also went back to lock my door (I don't usually bother when I know my neighbour is home)

I was really quiet shaken by it afterwards and wondered if I should have reported them to someone - police? trading standards? I don't know if they were doing anything wrong and to be honest I was giving them as much grief back as they were hurtling at me so it was probably 6 and two threes. It was a couple of hours ago now and I have forgotten what their van reg was anyway :rolleyes:

Afternoon :wavey:

Marion thats a bit scary :unsure:

I have the lurgy :wacko:

My Father in Law has had a fall, broken his hip and is in hospital :ohmy:

In relation to above I foresee the enormous turkey I have for Christmas Lunch is still going to being eaten next Christmas since there will now only be me and Paul for Christmas Lunch :rolleyes:

My Father in Law has had a fall, broken his hip and is in hospital :ohmy:

Sending healing thoughts :flowers:

Marion :GroupHug:

RMF : My director invited me to lunch with him and a couple of colleagues on Tuesday next week. It would appear that it was arranged a while ago and I was an afterthought. He can feck himself if he thinks I am going :rolleyes: