UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boiler troubles are no fun, and definitely not when it's as cold as it is today :bigtonstuck:

Hope you get it fixed Wendy.

Thinking good thoughts for Spud.

While we were trudging along in the sleet this morning we passed a lady who has a guide dog. It got me thinking how hard it must be to poo pick if you are blind. Or are guide dogs trained to go in the garden before they go out? But then I suppose you would still have the problem of knowing where the poo was so you could pick it up.

Guide dogs are trained to go to the loo in a specific place. Not sure how it works but it sounded like she has some sort of marked area set in the garden. They arent supposed to go whilst working. My friend had a guide dog and I can remember her grumbling about a dirty walk when her one guide dog one time couldnt wait until he went home.

Urgh am so tired this morning :glare: have a springer to groom later but would love to just go home under my duvet and not move for a long time. :laugh:

good morning all :biggrin: Its the works pot-luck Xmas lunch today and I have brought brownies to Billy's amazing recipe and non-alc mulled wine stuff (oh and some risotto for me coz I doubt anything will be vegan) but most importantly FARAH is here too and will be wearing her "Santa Baby" shirt for lunchtime :wub:

Good news about Todd.

I hope there will be photos of Farah attending the works lunch. :biggrin:

I know a lady with a guide dog, we meet dog walking quite often. Her guide dog is always off the lead when I see her and her partner does the guiding while they are doing a dog walk (as opposed to being out with the dog guiding).

I saw Sally the dog do a poo once, I'd assumed the partner would probably pick up, but no, the owner got out a bag and was guided in 'left a bit! Right a bit! no, more...' :laugh: It was very impressive. It's lovely that she gets to do all the normal dog stuff as well as working.

I understand that legally, blind people are not required to poo pick though.

strangely enough since Farah arrived in my office I've had four people randomly come by just to say hello :laugh: I will take pics on my phone of her tarting for the Xmas party too :rolleyes:

I'm doing surprisingly well this week despite not a huge amount of sleep and lots of excitement - very pleased indeed :smug:

my life is mad ,

I have just spent 45 minutes discussing rabies and vaccine rate failures with someone from a Uni working in human health in developing countries who is now talking to lecturer at UCH London who is interested in my experiences and our plans for antibody titre levels in dogs next year

I am an unemployed railway consultant , who runs the worlds smallest non profit on what seems like a fiver a week , I am never on top of everything admin related and have not even managed to send out dogstar christmas cards this year due to my utter uselessness

and now this

mad i tell you totally and utterly fecking mad

Afternoon

Here I was sat in work thinking you'll all be chatting away and it's been really quiet.

Pleased Todd is doing well on the meds. Am thinking of them both. :flowers:

I think if I took my lot to work havoc would reign :laugh: Looking forward to seeing pics of partying Farah and pleased things are going well for you Mog.

Pleased you've managed the stairs Jazz. Are you managing to do the exercises ok? :flowers:

I've had hardly any sleep this week and I'm getting really annoyed. To the point his nibs is going to sleep in the spare room tonight. Not sure where Scoobs is going to sleep as he keeps getting huffy at being kept awake but loves his daddy.

I have just walked up and down the stairs, first time since my op

yyeeaaaaaaa

Good news Alicia :biggrin:

RMF, our team have collectively brought in loads of snacky foods so we are

all here munching away, according to my colleagues and the amount I eat I should be a right bloater, but lucky for me I don't put weight on, and stay at

11 and one half stone......