UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF My friend gave me a Christmas card this morning with a £20 pound note in it for me to go for a horse ride :wub: I am incredibly touched as we have never exchanged gifts before but she knows that I can't afford to ride anymore and am missing it :mecry: :wub:

What a lovely friend you have there Julia :flowers:

I am going to a "Festival of Christmas Music" tonight :biggrin: It will be perishing in here when I get back as I will have to leave the back door open so George can get out for a wee as he thinks nothing of doing it on the carpet if he can't get out :rolleyes:

Tesco are back to their old tricks. I ordered a free range chicken to the value of approx £4.60. What did they deliver? A feckin great big bugger at almost double the price. I am not made of money and would never have picked up a chicken costing £9 had I been in the supermarket. I complained about this the last time it happened and they were supposed to re-train the pickers.

What a lovely friend you have there Julia flowers.gif

I am going to a "Festival of Christmas Music" tonight biggrin.gif It will be perishing in here when I get back as I will have to leave the back door open so George can get out for a wee as he thinks nothing of doing it on the carpet if he can't get out rolleyes.gif

Tesco are back to their old tricks. I ordered a free range chicken to the value of approx £4.60. What did they deliver? A feckin great big bugger at almost double the price. I am not made of money and would never have picked up a chicken costing £9 had I been in the supermarket. I complained about this the last time it happened and they were supposed to re-train the pickers.

Are you sure they charged you for it? Check the top of your delivery receipt, not sure it it's just here but they recently introduced a system here whereby if they cannot supply the item you ordered and have to substitute something more expensive they refund the difference in the price. I know I have benefitted greatly from them bringing this in and my delivery driver told e only last week about one of my neighbours who'd ordered Tesco value gin which was about £7 a bottle but it was replaced with Gordon's which would have been £17 a bottle so they saved a tenner per bottle. In my case I've had wine and funnily enough a ready cooked whole chicken which had to be substituted both for much more expensive items but which they charged me only the lower price for, and last Friday they had to substiture my diet coke which was on offer buy 1 get one free - they didn't have my coke and I'd said if they had to substitute to make it Dr Pepper which they did, the Dr Pepper wasn't part of the freebie offer but because it was a substitution I got them BOGOF too. I think it's the best thing they have ever done.

We had snow here, though it didn't settle nor was it snowflakey snow, more like ice crystals & it fell with a hissing sound - was nice tho.

RMMusing: I went out for lunch today with the boss, he was in "uniform" if someone would have told me only a few years ago I'd be sitting in a cafe having lunch with a Vicar I'd have thought they were utterly barking mad lol Lunch was very nice, company was good, conversation was hilarious, I really enjoyed myself.

Lots of snow, trudging around Ipswich with teenagers, and then to the cinema to watch a really boring film about vampires, then we ate in a restaurant together, where the lovely restauranteur had given us half price. Most of my kids hadn't been in a restaurant before, and I was very worried that they would kick off as they were anxious, but they were brilliant.and to the car park who let us park for free all day.

There is a lot of goodwill about, it's lovely and my kids really appreciate it.Makes me happier about there future

if id have known tesco did that with their subsitutions, I wouldnt have clicked 'none'.

after me ringing the complaints about the bleach leaking over things, ive had an email survey and now they have rung me. I think they are worried about being complained about lol. it is annoying they they offered a refund but not replacement. refund is nice but I cant get out for the stuff that was ruined

Hi :)

Had a fab time at the TCV gig on monday :bounce:

Been in court today :huh: Was in the witness box for almost 2 hours giving evidence and being cross examined :wacko: Wasn't too bad as they weren't the eat you for breakfast type barristers thank gawd.Think it was deffo Jules 2 barristers 0 though :biggrin: which seeing as it's a child protection case works just fine for me.

Evening

Glad the run came together Owl. They normally do.

Julia that's lovely and I hope things are sorted for you all very soon. :flowers:

Hope Spud's lump was harmless and he's feeling a lot better soon. :GroupHug:

It rained in Lymm in the afternoon but was very chilly out. I went for another Xmas lunch. There wasn't a soul out when I was walking dogs tonight.

its sooo cold hav treated missy to an early xmas pressie as with her having to stay ont he lead and not getting a run abouts she is feeling the cold now dont laugh i know she look a bit embarrased but this was her first try on and she thought she looked daft! Now i have told her she looks gorg and she has had a fuss off the neighbours on our walk she is feeling much better

100_0386-1.jpg

Hi :)

Had a fab time at the TCV gig on monday :bounce:

Been in court today :huh: Was in the witness box for almost 2 hours giving evidence and being cross examined :wacko: Wasn't too bad as they weren't the eat you for breakfast type barristers thank gawd.Think it was deffo Jules 2 barristers 0 though :biggrin: which seeing as it's a child protection case works just fine for me.

:bigsmiley: nice one. Must be nerve-wracking being cross examined.