UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

I've sneaked downstairs while OH is out shopping tohave a quick go on the laptop. I've been banned from getting up because I feel/look bloody awful. Wheezy, burning chest, coughing up indescribably horrible stuff. Is this swine flu?

:GroupHug: for those feeling poorly and all dogs in whatever condition.

Flo has finished all tablets but I'll keep on with the arnica as she still looks a bit bruised. She's desperate for a big walk and to jump on the bed but that's definitely not allowed.

Better go :ninja:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello :wavey:

Getting back into the work frame of mind after a lovely weekend  :wacko:  Was going to complain about the cold, until I read the following in my home town newspaper:

Edmonton was the coldest place in North America yesterday morning and the second chilliest in the world.

The Edmonton International Airport saw a record low of -46.1 C and -58.4 C with the windchill, outfreezing even the Arctic.

Think I'll keep my mouth shut - my sister is going to find it positively summery when she arrives here later this week  :rolleyes:

Afternoon

Just hopping on in my lunch break. They're refurbing the loos here and have the doors wide open. Brr.

Spins you do sound as though you could have swine flu. Be very careful as it gets on your chest and starts getting really tight. Lots of people are ending up in hospital when it goes too far and they've not taken Tamiflu. I realised I wasn't right when my chest started getting like that and it was causing me discomfort. People are coming out with different symptoms. Mine were food tasted awful and like it had gone off, then I couldn't taste anything at all, completely lost my appetite, lots of snot, awful sore throat, loads of gunk, horrible cough. Then I lost my voice, started squeaking first, started talking rubbish and was getting irritated because Martyn wasn't doing what I said and was laughing at me. Couldn't finish sentences. Felt so so tired. Weird dreams and some nightmares. Tum was ok til I took the Tamiflu but that was over in a jiffy and the Tamiflu was well worth taking to relieve everything else. I think you need to get hubby to get you some or certainly speak to the helpline. To be honest if you give 2 symptoms they'll say you've got it. I was in denial to start with and then it became pretty obvious I did have it after all. :GroupHug: You have to speak to the helpline to get an authorisation number for hubby to give to the collection point when getting the Tamiflu.

Katsinc have a fabulous night out. :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

have you been onto the NHS helpline barbara?

Hi Alicia, yes I rang them a little while ago :flowers: - they reckon it's not flu. So at least I can go to the doctor now except that I can't stand the condescending, arrogant sod. I'm giving it til tonight and if I don't feel better I'l give the doc a ring.

What happens after the assessment Sam, does it mean you might get some help from WSPA? That would be great.

The assessment is part of our application to be a WSPA member society which is a very long and drawn out process ( 2 years so far ) . I have had 2 visits from WSPA reps in Sri Lanka over the last year and an interview at their HQ in london last year. This assessment is for them to observe one of our sterilisation clinics, monitoring our organisation , clinic and surgical protocols and ensuring we provide a level of veterinary care that meets WSPA guidelines and standards.

I re writing our surgical protocols for 2010 to reflect the drugs and equipment we have available so the assessment is well timed ( well except the small matter of the election )

If accepted as a Member Society we would then be eligible to apply for a one off grant of around $5000 US for equipment ( would be amazing ) but you would get support and assistance from WSPA head office in areas such as fundraising ( they help you learn how to do it rather than give you money ) and as part of the wider network you get to interact with bigger organisations so the chance for Dogstar gain knowledge is vast. I have to say they have been amazingly helpful with providing documentation and advice so far.

It's been a funny old few days in snowland - it started with some family irritation with us going all the way to Wales on Saturday on a prearranged visit to see my MIL only to get there and find she was still at SIL's in Brecon rolleyes.gif needless to say we were not best pleased (that is possibly the understatement of the month) hubby is still seething and I can see this blowing sky high in the new year. It's made worse by the fact that my SIL is selfish & inconsiderate and has been turning off their landline and her mobile so work doesn't "bother her" which would be fine apart from the fact that means no one can contact my MIL while shes there, when we finally got hold of SIL a week ago to arrange this visit with MIL she was extremly sarcastic and said if they needed to get hold of us they could.... yeah fine, but thats not quite the fecking point we cant get hold of THEM, any one of us could have an accident, be taken ill, win the fecking lottery etc and we couldn't bloody well tell MIL. They promised to make sure it didn't happen again... cept it did, on Saturday, when we arrived at MIL's house to find it closed up and empty and had absolutely no bloody idea where MIL was or when or even if she was going to be there amd no fecking way to get hold of anyone who would bloody know! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Turned out that MIL & SIL had decided between them we were going to be down at tea time ... WE had said no such thing, in fact WE had said we'd be there bright and early probably before 9am! Indeed we dropped Nog off at my mums 9am on the dot ... we had a jillion things to do and ended up sitting in a freezing cold empty house with no flipping clue what the heck was going on and with hubby getting more and more wound up sad.gif We went off to do a few things since we didn't have a clue if she was even coming back but we left a note to say where we'd gone and to ring us on the mobile when she got back .... at 12:45 WE rang MIL's not expecting a reply and she answered she'd been back an hour but had decided to walk the dog and do a few "odds n ends of shopping" before telling us we could come back ohmy.gif hubby is still very angry and dwelling on it so the rest of the weekend was hardly a fun filled time.

Sunday Nick rang - Vickys car had broken down and their boiler had packed up so they had no heating or hot water - they still don't sad.gif then Nog decided to throw up all over the lounge *sighs*

HOWEVER

Today has been much better in a very unexpected way which made me cry a lot rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Shortly after I got to work the phone rang and it was the treasurer to tell me that all 5 parishes wanted to thank me for all the hard work I have done for the benefice, she said every one of them had said they wanted to do something nice for me ...so they have... I got a cheque for £100 biggrin.gif mecry.gif biggrin.gif I had no clue, and absolutely no expectation whatsoever of them getting me a gift - they never have before lol So it was a HUGE surprise plus they wanted me to know how very much they all appreciated me and how valued I was - I was and am gobsmacked and it's really made up for the crappy weekend and then some!

On top of that the boss is taking me out to lunch on works time on Wednesday to add his personal thanks biggrin.gif

Afternoon.

:GroupHug: to everyone with the lurgy's

Spins, if you've been giving Flo Arnica for a while it might be the cause of her still looking bruised, if you use any homeopathic remedy for to long when it's not needed you can start to cause the symptom your trying to cure, my friends a practising homeopath and she's always banging on about it :rolleyes:

Just back from a long weekend with friends in Selkirk, lovely time was had by all, even though Ben did pee on Lucinda's Christmas tree :unsure:

That would be great Sam, I hope your assessment goes well and you find out the outcome soon :flowers:

I hope so too, we are such a tiny tiny organisation and I know I don't promote our work anywhere near well enough outside my comfort zone of forums and facebook. Its my biggest failing and it holds Dogstar back , I shall be working on it hopefully in 2010

WSPA have been really fantastic and they didn't laugh when I told them it was just me , my husband and a few volunteers

Afternoon.

:GroupHug: to everyone with the lurgy's

Spins, if you've been giving Flo Arnica for a while it might be the cause of her still looking bruised, if you use any homeopathic remedy for to long when it's not needed you can start to cause the symptom your trying to cure, my friends a practising homeopath and she's always banging on about it :rolleyes:

Just back from a long weekend with friends in Selkirk, lovely time was had by all, even though Ben did pee on Lucinda's Christmas tree :unsure:

Oh Gawd - didn't know that about Arnica. :unsure: She had the last one yesterday morning because I'm lurking in bed and OH is i/c medication and only gave her the last couple of painkillers and antibiotics, not the arnica. Hopefull it will look ok soon.

:laugh: :laugh: at Ben peeing on the Christmas tree.

I ordered a new (second hand) rear seatbelt for my car today - I only went and ordered the wrong side, so have just had to ring up and get them to send the driver's side one as well. I could return the other one, but I'm thinking I might just keep it as a spare given what thelittleshite Timmy's like :rolleyes: