UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

Was at docs yesterday but no info re swine flu in our local surgery, everything was very quiet which is surprising as it's usually busy and a good few days wait to get an appointment. I only made appointment on Monday morning and was offered one next day with a choice of doctors. There have been a few local cases so was expecting to have to wait for a non urgent appointment.

AnnS

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hhmmm

I take off the dressing and the first thing I think, is can I get a good picture on my own for the manky parts. is this normal? :rolleyes:

I havent taken diazepan cher, but tramadol makes me stoned for 24 hours. I do sleep well though, just cant drive the next day

take off the dressing and the first thing I think, is can I get a good picture on my own for the manky parts. is this normal? :rolleyes:

No!

Got up, tottered briefly around village with hounds, back to bed. Mollydog has just got me up again, yodelling and demanding a tripe stick. I think she feels her morning walk was inadequate :rolleyes: . Will have to get Mark to walk them this evening. We have a ridiculously large garden full of interestng smells, will she walk round that? Not a chance. It's booooooooriiiiiiiiiinnng apparently. <- imagine that said in a yodel.

Bleeeeeeh. Back to bed.

just spoken to my doctor and he said no to the diazepam. He said that its ok short term but it stops working after a couple of weeks but your body craves it so you need a higher dose and so it goes on. At the moment I only take my Tramadol first thing in the morning to help control the pain in my joints so that I can get up and moving but he suggested that I take it at night as well to control the Restless leg Syndrome . So, I am going to try that. He also asked me about my obvious sore throat and donald duck voice and said that i have almost certainly had swine flu. I told him that I didnt have the tummy upset and he said you didnt always have all the symptoms. Now I am worried that I might have infected my elderly mum and uncle yesterday when I took them out for lunch. :mecry: x

Budge up in the lurgy corner. I am coming down with something - headache, feeling drowsy, snotty nose and cough :rolleyes:

me too

threw up earlier and my back has been aching all day

wasnt until my head started to pound, i started to shiver and realised

the only time my spine aches is when I get flu

oh what joy, will speak to my boss in a bit, and then maybe go home

me too

Maybe go home? if there is a chance you have swine flu you would be unfair to anyone you came into contact with not to go home! how would you feel if a colleague's child or elderly parent died because you infected them? sorry if that sounds harsh, but my OH suffers badly with asthma and has been hospitalised with it in the past, and I'm terrified he'll catch swine flu and develop complications...last time he had flu he was in bed for two weeks, and it wasn't that he was being a typical man and suffering more and he was twenty years younger then!

me too

Nige, if you're aching and being sick etc, I would speak to your boss now and give NHS Direct/your GP a call :flowers:

I'm not really sure how people are meant to know for sure whether they have swine flu though, from reading some accounts people have had a light cold type thing for a few days, which sounds far less serious than "normal" flu, when you really can't do anything at all.

Nige, if you're aching and being sick etc, I would speak to your boss now and give NHS Direct/your GP a call :flowers:

I'm not really sure how people are meant to know for sure whether they have swine flu though, from reading some accounts people have had a light cold type thing for a few days, which sounds far less serious than "normal" flu, when you really can't do anything at all.

I agree with Reikiange and Suzeanna, Nigel. If there's a chance you have swine flu, please don't risk passing it on. I too have a son with asthma and I sincerely hope his colleagues stay at home if they have symptoms.

It's all very confusing - we keep hearing about all these people with only a few days' discomfort - "normal" flu is really disabling. You wouldn't be able to go to work, or sit at a pc, if you had flu, so swine flu must be very mild. :unsure:

I think one of the problems is that people have become accustomed to calling any passing virus "flu", as if it were just a bad cold.

It's all very confusing - we keep hearing about all these people with only a few days' discomfort - "normal" flu is really disabling. You wouldn't be able to go to work, or sit at a pc, if you had flu, so swine flu must be very mild. :unsure:

I think one of the problems is that people have become accustomed to calling any passing virus "flu", as if it were just a bad cold.

Yes, that's exactly my thought, but from reading what people with swine flu have said, some really seem only to have experienced a cold, not even necessarily a really horrid one.

The other problem with regards to work is that I think a lot of people get so much grief for taking time of legitimately when sick (been there several times) that they are reluctant to go home/stay off even when they may be worried :( Plus if you don't qualify for sick pay it makes it hard too, especially with finances as they are.

Difficult isn't it.

Yes, that's exactly my thought, but from reading what people with swine flu have said, some really seem only to have experienced a cold, not even necessarily a really horrid one.

The other problem with regards to work is that I think a lot of people get so much grief for taking time of legitimately when sick (been there several times) that they are reluctant to go home/stay off even when they may be worried :( Plus if you don't qualify for sick pay it makes it hard too, especially with finances as they are.

Difficult isn't it.

Thats going to apply to every single postman & woman out there I'm afraid, it really doesn't matter how legitimate the illness, whether they have medical evidence or not, whether their own occupational health have told them NOT to work...if they go sick then they will get a formal warning :mad:

And then the media wonder why the royal mail is going on strike again ....

Afternoon

:GroupHug: for all those feeling poorly. Hope you're all tickety boo really soon.

I've been invited to lunch at work with a lady around the same age as me who is leaving on Friday. I get on really well with her and another who is similar age too. So we're swapping numbers and will meet up as a merry little trio every now and then. I haff 2 new fwends. :wub: