UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ange :flowers: Makes me feel better.

My sister is over from Canada for the next couple of weeks :) We (me, OH, little sis + BIL, big sis, mum, dad, and all 5 dogs) are going out to Wales for a week - 8 days until holiday time :biggrin: Can't wait.

ive just got back in

I met my friend in town, used the M&S vouchers mother gave me ages go, got 2 nice pairs of jeans. Then went onto the charity shops, got 2 pairs of M&S jeans, an M&S top and hawkshead trousers, so very pleased that ive got new clothes. I know M&S sizes fit, so over the moon I managed to get them

then went to the cash and carry, filled the freezer.

shattered now

got a homecheck to do later, then ill sleep well tonight

Afternoon.

It's done nowt but pee down here today. I got loads done in work and have enjoyed it for once. Looking forward to my lunch with my 2 new friends tomorrow. :wub:

Hope everyone is ok but imagine lots of people need these. :GroupHug: Thinking of a few of you at the mo.

I had an arguement with a lady this morning on the telephone. She wanted me to take in a dog. I said that I couldn't personally take it in but that I would give her a list of rescues that she could try. She was most annoyed and said that as a rescue it was my duty to take her dog in if she didn't want it any more, and with people like me around no wonder people dumped their dogs. I explained that I was having a well earned and long overdue break from rescue and that she could try the numbers I could give her but she started shouting and then put the phone down. It quite upset me. x

I had an arguement with a lady this morning on the telephone. She wanted me to take in a dog. I said that I couldn't personally take it in but that I would give her a list of rescues that she could try. She was most annoyed and said that as a rescue it was my duty to take her dog in if she didn't want it any more, and with people like me around no wonder people dumped their dogs. I explained that I was having a well earned and long overdue break from rescue and that she could try the numbers I could give her but she started shouting and then put the phone down. It quite upset me. x

Good god, some people don't deserve air!

Have a lovely lunch Michelle :flowers:

sod em cher! you cant help them all. I dont know whats the matter with people

I have a large tub of mackies ice cream. Its the best ice cream in the world, and nbody here to take it off me mwwwwwwwaaaaahhaahhaaahhaaaa

RMF: I am away to join Slimming World shortly, do I put some heavy clothes on so at next week's weigh in I will immediately seem lighter, or put something light on so tonight's weigh-in won't be so shocking :rolleyes:

Well done greys mum's speedy grandaughter :flowers:

It was a good day for charity shopping at least, Jazz. I got 2 pairs of Hawkshead shoes, very sturdy with no wear on them at all. Not so lucky with jeans. The 18s wouldn't zip up and the 20s fell down round ankles. Must be a size 19 :rolleyes:

RR, I've had people ring me and say, "Is that the dogs home?" When I explain I just volunteer a bit with rescues but can give some numbers and advise them where to try, some are OK but others seem to think I might consider suddenly becoming a dogs home if they insist hard enough :unsure:

Wispa has forgiven me for the watermelon. I found a real football in Aldi which looks tough enough to survive her footy technique for a while at least.

Well done greys mums granddaughter :)

Im really tired again. I dont think the bug has completely left my system

Jules I think you are supposed to wear the same stuff each week for the weigh in. Not totally sure about that though so might be best to check with someone who goes to SW.

Random question, rather than fact ..... do all larger dogs eventually get joint problems?

I do know that labs are especially prone to problems, but I've just taken Rosie to the vet thinking that she has hurt her hip and the vet thinks that she has problems with both her hip and the opposite elbow. Xrays all round next week.

Answer to Karen no not all of them do. I've had or (have known of a few in the family) large dogs and none of had troubles.

Amy you need to rest up. You've been on the comp still so it doesn't help and that makes you tired.

I've had a twix in the fridge since Saturday and I've managed not to eat it. I was alarmed to discover I've put yet more weight on and need to shift this quickly. It has to be the HRT cos I've been pretty good. I now have 2 pairs of working trousers that fit. I did have 3 a couple of weeks ago and refuse to get any more. Hope people at work realise I do keep washing them at least. :laugh: I'm seriously considering getting a treadmill cheap when I can if this is as affective as running on paths outside. Cos I'm thinking it will be easier to bob on there more often than I can get out. I normally end up out with a dog and can't run properly with them.

Good luck at SW Jules.