UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

Home from work, was meant to finish at 8pm but it was busy so stayed til 10.30pm. Fortunately, I thought it might happen so had arranged for the dogwalker to come in and feed the boys and she came back later to take them out, settle them for the evening, so they're happy :wub:

:laugh: at Wispa and her watermelon

:GroupHug: for poorly Cycas

:biggrin: for Mindy's blow up bed

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a temperature,sore throat (and funny voice) headache,cough,achey limbs and I feel rough. How do you know if its swine flu or normal flu or just a bug? and apart from staying indoors are you supposed to tell anybody in case it is swine flu? I have been feeling ill for a few days but its worse today. :unsure: I have coughed so much that my chest hurts and one side of my face too! :wacko: x

Cher, I'd just call the doctor, as people who suspect they might have swine flu are advised to stay away from their surgeries - but that's a good idea anyway, regardless of any virus you might be having. I thought you treat swine flu like any other flu: stay in bed and keep your fluids topped up. But I ain't no doctor, so best check! Hope you feel better soon! :GroupHug:

Good morning folks :)

Cher and Victoria, I hope you feel better soon :flowers: If anyone asks tells them you have Fugee permission to lie around all day watching rubbish daytime TV and resting up. I try and wash down a couple of paracetamol with hot water with a sqeeze of lemon and a spoonful of honey in it. Over the counter flu and cold remedies make me feel worse.

Right, off to work. Have a nice day everyone.

Morning! :biggrin: :wavey:

Hope everyone feeling icky is back on their feet soon :flowers: :GroupHug:

RMF: I am moving today :) sat in work at the moment counting the minutes until I can go home and get started (have a half day, lots to do and SOOOOOOOOO little time!! :laugh:

good luck with the move. I take it you dont need a van? lol

get onto the doctor cher, hope you feel better very soon :flowers:

No problems on the trains, which was a relief.

We had to sit upstairs in starbucks so couldnt see the WWRY cast come in. I only did a little sulk lol

Then a walk to see priscilla. Mother loved it! It was pouring down when we came out, and lots of determined women with lethal umbrellas at the stage door, so we came home. Im back there next week anyway with a friend.

There is a list of symptoms in the Daily Mail..and probably other papers too..and they say there is very little "ordinary" flu around, so if you have the signs its probably swine flu but dont phone your doc, phone NHS direct. Among the list...a suddenly developed temperature, cough, sneezing, aching muscles and back, diarrhoea and vomiting, headache. If that sounds like you, and you have underlying health problems such as respiratory or heart trouble, ring immediately and tell them you need priority treament ie. Tamiflu! I went to my doc yesterday and they've removed all the magazines etc, but left the childrens toys for some reason, and there are several notices up saying if you think you have swine flu don't ring them, ring NHS Direct and giving the number.

Victoria, Cher, Alex and anyone else feeling poorly are feeling much better soon :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Jazz, glad you had a good time with your mother :flowers:

A friend of ours visited a week or so ago and has just sent us some chocolate in the post with a card to say thanks for the weekend :) He also said "Your dogs are top" - which they are, but it's nice to hear too :wub:

my fluey symptoms are on their way out and I didnt have stomach problems so it was probably just a bug, but thanks for your concern and advice. :flowers: I am waiting for a call from the doctor. The difference in my sleep and how I wake up after taking my diazepam is amazing. I only take a very small dose,2mg, but its enough to relax me and let me get off to sleep and then I wake feeling as tho I am refreshed. But the doc has said that I cant take it every day as it can be addictive,but to be honest who cares!! my CFS is never going to get better,neither is my restless legs , cramps or insomnia so unless there is a known side effect to taking it long term then its worth it to me to get a decent sleep.I dont want a higher dose just a daily one so I dont wake up like a zombie every day. Does anyone else take it,and has it been long term? Any advice welcome.

I hope your move goes well Sparkle. :flowers:

your friend sounds a really nice person Ange,enjoy your chocolate. :flowers:

hope you feel better soon Alex and Victoria. :flowers:

Hope everybody has a good day x