UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

I think one of the problems is that people have become accustomed to calling any passing virus "flu", as if it were just a bad cold.

Don't they just. I had gastric flu as a teenager and was bedridden for almost a fortnight. I've never been so ill in my life. It really pisses me off when people sneeze and complain of the flu. ITS A COLD FFS.

:rolleyes:

I am sitting with red dye on my head and have a clay wrap booked for friday. Has anyone ever had one?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody suffers differently. I had Asian flu and it knocked me for six for nearly two weeks. I am used to being ill and feeling rough but this bug/flu whatever has made me feel awful.I can still get to the loo and sit on the computer for a bit,especially now,but that doesn't mean that its insignificant or everyone that can move around is exaggerating or just has a cold. Some people "die" with a cold and some people soldier on with serious illnesses. We are all different and bugs/flu affect people differently x

Evening :flowers:

:GroupHug: for all the poorly people.

We had a man come to work today and put up lots of those handwash things at different office doors and in the kitchens. No one told us about it, so we don't know how many times we're supposed to do our hands. In one journey upstairs I could go thorough three office doors, so potentially six handwashes each time :unsure:

Strange day today, I was picked at random for a pilot study of women under the normal qualifying age to have a mammogram . The new digital equipment was also being evaluated, so I've done my bit for research. Then I went to lunch with soon to be ex-colleagues (Our restructure comes into force next Monday). Then tonight I am going out with my friends for a meal. All I seem to be doing this week is going out! Quite looking forward to a good chat tonight though. :)

There are 2 confirmed cases of ze swine flu where Martyn works now. One poor soul has only just gone back to work after being off for ages with glandular fever. Bit worried about Martyn's boss as he has some serious health issues already. So hope he doesn't get it.

Finally we've had a visit from a lovely police lady. She thinks there is enough going on to prosecute for harrassment but needs to speak with those higher up so she's going to call us tomorrow night and let us know how she gets on. She likes my chickens :biggrin:

I am sitting with red dye on my head and have a clay wrap booked for friday. Has anyone ever had one?

Not clay, but seaweed - sometime ago now. I enjoyed it and felt very relaxed afterwards. It made my skin feel v soft too. Hope you enjoy it! :flowers:

I am now all shivery and fevery. Marvellous :rolleyes:

Hope you are feeling a bit better Alex. If I was nearer I would come and walk the pack for you :flowers:

Finally we've had a visit from a lovely police lady. She thinks there is enough going on to prosecute for harrassment but needs to speak with those higher up so she's going to call us tomorrow night and let us know how she gets on. She likes my chickens :biggrin:

Great news. Maybe they will leave you alone to live your lives at last :biggrin:

Pleased to hear that :flowers:

Fugees - check out my signature if you'd like to have the chance to win a Fiat 500 car :cool:

Lots of "get well soon" wishes to all poorly peeps! :flowers: :flowers:

Thats going to apply to every single postman & woman out there I'm afraid, it really doesn't matter how legitimate the illness, whether they have medical evidence or not, whether their own occupational health have told them NOT to work...if they go sick then they will get a formal warning :mad:

And then the media wonder why the royal mail is going on strike again ....

Great, so the swine flu is potentially being spread nationwide by the posties, who'd love to stay home when they feel rotten, but are worried that once they can get up they can make their way to the dole queue - marvellous! :angry: :angry:

The media do wonder because they all very likely have a cushy job, where they can "work from home" when they are ill, and let's face it: when Mrs Jones (not you personally, Julia! :wink:) is p*ssed off because she didn't get her expected birthday card in the post on time Mrs Jones would so much prefer to be p*ssed off with the poor postie than say "nevermind, posties have got a right to decent working conditions too". :rolleyes: End of rant!

hope you can get it resolved :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

have you kept a diary of everything thats happened

Evening all :wavey:

:GroupHug: for all poorly fugees and hope you all feel better very soon.

Haven't been about much and you have all been too busy on here for me to catch up with all the news :(

Take :flowers: :D :) :GroupHug: :ohmy: as needed.

If any one has a spare hug I wouldn't mind it. Last Thursday was a really poop day as I finally had my contract terminated and then found that my relationship has hit the rocks - a really fun day not :mecry:

I'll bounce back - I usually do - but must confess I feel pretty empty right now :(

Thank goodness I have my two wonderful daughters who are also my best friends :wub:

If any one has a spare hug I wouldn't mind it. Last Thursday was a really poop day as I finally had my contract terminated and then found that my relationship has hit the rocks - a really fun day not :mecry:

I'll bounce back - I usually do - but must confess I feel pretty empty right now :(

Thank goodness I have my two wonderful daughters who are also my best friends :wub:

I've got some hugs for you :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Thinking of you. :GroupHug: :GroupHug: