UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry Phebe...to be honest, I was expecting this. I didn't want to say so, but my little pom progressed in pretty much exactly the same way, but she had a final series of fits, became unconcious and died in my arms. It seems that when they are old, the fitting is just too much for their systems. :GroupHug:

Been up all night with Polly, who has been unconscious for most of it. Rallied at 3 am but v agitated, fitted again at 4 and been out of it ever since. Talked to emergency vet on phone. She has gone downhill so fast over the past few days that it seems there is only one way to go, in view of her age. Her breathing is not right now. Vet would have come out in night but she seemed not to be in pain so after discussion we decided to keep her comfortable and leave a decision until morning.

And while I was writing that she struggled awake and collapsed, she is off her feet. I've been battling with the decision all night, but it is clearly time to do the right thing :mecry: If she had been younger, we might have hung on and tried whatever we could, but my poor old lady has had enough. Wish her a peaceful journey.

Im so sorry Phebe. What a great life she has had with you.

Edited by Trallwm farm

just off to deliver the bedside cabinets to a friend in need. Ive had it for over 30 years. its the last thing to go from mothers house. im carrying on mother and I's 'good work' but im in tears over it. No doubt ill still be crying at my friends, she was a good friend of my mother, she misses her so much too

asda delivery between 1 and 3, then take these clothes and toiletries to the homeless shelter.

I cant see got tears. mouse has come to give me a cuddle

Phebe - I am so so sorry about Polly mecry.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif I don't know what to say, except that we know how you feel and we're here for you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Morning Alex, can you get me some half price prosseco at Sainsburys please? I don't want to go in just for that. LOL

Forgot sorry! I did get a couple of French Reserve bottles of Sav Blanc - usually £8.99 each, two for a tenner, plus a bottle of Taste the Difference Nectarine Bucks Fizz reduced from just under a fiver to £2.69. That's me sorted for the next few days happy.gif

The Sainsburys I go to is just outside Manchester city centre, so the traffic going into Manchester is usually horrendous, but I had a straight run there and back this morning, even during rush hour. The aisles were fairly quiet as well, though I suspect it will be much busier later on. It started raining heavily while I was in Sainsburys and on the way back along the M602 the signs were flashing for an accident further up past my junction - I hope it wasn't too serious :(

mouse :wub: bless her.

I have Wispa here telling me that the best thing for feeling sad is to cheer yourself up with a long bracing walk in the pouring rain. As far as she and I are concerned, it is probably true. But I won't recommend it to you, Jazz. Stick with the mouse cuddle.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Polly, Wispa and myself. Buddyboy, I remember that walk well.

Polly went over the Bridge peacefully and very quickly in my arms. She was semi conscious all the way to the vet. They were very good and whisked us straight into a consulting room ahead of everyone else. Vet agreed with my decision, and thinks it likely, taking all symptoms into consideration, that she had a brain tumour.

It is strange without a puli, as I have had one and usually two around for the past twenty years. Wispa and I have just realised just who has been in charge of the owlery all along. Oh well, we will just have to learn to fend for ourselves!

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

the cabinets have gone and the asda delivery is here, he near threw it at me. Just wait till the survey comes. I know hes busy but come on!

off to the homeless shelter when the rain stops, then my car will be empty and my good will gestures will be done

then its bah ruddy humbug! :biggrin: