UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not feeling so feeble this afternoon. Collected Rowan from the veterinary hospital at noon, and he's like a new cat already, after 3 shots of insulin.

My husband is having to do the injections for now since I had an op on my finger last week, but it was fine and I'm sure we'll get used to it soon. Rowan seems completely unconcerned about it all, which helps.

My heart goes out to all of you who are coping with loss today. :GroupHug:

I'm so so sorry San :( Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Sleep tight Tia :lily:

Bracken met 2 feisty chihuahuas and a pomeranian in the park this morning. He was so gentle with them and rather surprised at how small they were. He's such a sociable boy.

Having a clean and tidy of the lounge/dining room then will go see my Dad in hospital. Stepmum has gone there this afternoon.

Bracken wub.gif Hope your dad is feeling better Michelle flowers.gif

Pleased Rowan is home with scotslass flowers.gif

I've had a nap and changed the bedding. Dogs and cats are counting down the minutes until tea time rolleyes.gif

RMF : I've been having the Calor fire on lots in an effort to run it down before Christmas so I could get a replacement canister before Christmas (wouldn't want to be without the fire over Christmas). It hasn't worked, so I'm not at the point where I am afraid to turn it on in case it runs out before tomorrow. Sod's law, I'll turn it on later tonight and it'll run out rolleyes.gif

Edited by merledogs

San and Phebe are very much in my thoughts today Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif What sadness mecry.gif

Scotslass it's good to hear that Rowan pussycat is doing OK.

Bless Bracken wub.gif We have a herd of littlies living next door - Poms and a Chihuahua/JT cross. All the resident pussprats in their house are bigger than them rolleyes.gif Archie doesn't like them passing his gate but he loves them off his turf and will play happily with them all in the park.

I am making our Christmas dinner tonight and then I'm going to my aunties for Christmas lunch tomorrow biggrin.gif Ruby and Archie are going off on a long fell walk, although they nearly got blown off the top of one today!

Love to everyone on here and very best wishes for a happy Christmas flowers.gif Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif flowers.gif

RMF: I must learn to spell one of these days rolleyes.gif

Edited by Yantan

So sorry about Tia, San..my daughter's cat Tia will have to say hello on the other side. :GroupHug:

Liz, glad to hear Rowan is doing so well, and you might as well let P do the injections so long as he's at home, save you stabbing yourself! :laugh:

Alex, my roasties always come out very good..the trick is to make sure you use spuds the same size (or cut them to it), parboil for about five minutes, then drain them and shake them hard around the pan to roughen the edges before you put them into hot fat, of whatever kind you are using.

My brother is home for Christmas. He went out to the kitchen leaving his bottle of beer on the floor next to the sofa. He came back in and managed to stub his toe and then knock over his bottle. He put his pringles down and went back into kitchen to get some tissue. Louie jumped off my lap and I thought he was going to lick the spilt drink up but he ran over and pinched the crisps instead :laugh:

Nadolig Llawen :santa:

:laugh:

Well we left for the hospital and have had to come back home as part of the M62 was closed (I presume due to an accident). Lots of weirdos driving around so if you're going out be careful. There was clearly a joyrider on part of our journey who was jumping red lights and whizzing round roundabouts in gleeful abandon. Sometimes I think fate lends us a hand so I'm not sorry we're back here.

Have had a pleasant day and caught up with a bit of cleaning. Posted the neighbours cards so that's it now. Was hoping to get the presents for my dad to him tonight but let's face it he can't do anything with them at the mo anyway. We'll be seeing him the next few days.