UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

eughhhhhhh, i wanted to stay in bed but the courier is coming with the cats new bed...... would be brilliant except i have to go out today, any other day of the week would be great :rolleyes:

oh poor you Merledgs.... i think you should get a cuppa and go and snuggle on the sofa (if you don't have to got to the office)

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't sleep last night which was a good thing as it happened, as I was awake when Polly woke up at 3.30, had a fit and fell off the bed. She was unhurt but very upset. Off to vet at 9, came back with medication, and she had another one just as I was about to give her the first Epiphen tablet. Vet thinks this will hopefully get the seizures under control but says we may have to adjust dosage to get it just right. It seems to have made her more laid back and less of a worrisome fidget, but she is still alert. Her dental has been postponed until the fits are under control.

A missing cairn on Doglost site was picked up safely today, after legging it while furniture was being carried into the house. No sign of him anywhere in his neighbourhood. He had only gone and caught a train from Alsager to Stoke, the little stinker :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-16255166

Diesel the free-range ridgeback x was seen at 9 this morning, same time and place as a sighting exactly a week ago, and by the same dog walker. If that dog could thumb his nose at everyone, he would do. :D

owl sorry to hear Polly has had some more fits :GroupHug: i hope the epiphen settles her down :flowers:

terrfic news about the little cairn.... dogs are soooooo smart :laugh: i would really love for diesel to be back at home for christmas..... maybe the smell of roasting turkeys will lure him to somebodys house!

been to the vets again, more antibiotics and still no meds for diez s we have resorted to cutting tablets up :laugh: mad ethe vet do that, can't be bothered with trying to hack tablets up......he had a lovely tan from his holiday :angry:

Hope emily is now talking to you phoebejo :flowers: was it because of the threat of a hair cut?

Sorry to hear Polly has had more fits :GroupHug:

We had our work Christmas party last night, a few people didn't recognise me in my glam stuff! Really need to make more of an effort the rest of the year!

Have had a bit of a crappy evening tonight. Mum and dad asked if I wanted to go and see the new Sherlock Holmes film tonight, with my brother, his girlfriend and her family. Anyhow, we got to the cinema, and I was first through the door and up the steps to the seats. I spied a row which wasn't directly in front or behind anyone, so I headed for that row. Anyway, brother's girlfriend decided she didn't want to sit on the row I had chosen, and sits on the one behind. As I had already taken my coat off and sat down, I was happy where I was and stayed put. Then everyone else decides to sit on the row behind me, and I get a roasting for being anti social! I know I could have moved, but it's not like cinema is a social occasion anyway! I hate families sometimes :angry:

Morning :tired:

owl sorry to hear Polly has had some more fits :GroupHug: i hope the epiphen settles her down :flowers:

terrfic news about the little cairn.... dogs are soooooo smart :laugh: i would really love for diesel to be back at home for christmas..... maybe the smell of roasting turkeys will lure him to somebodys house!

Ditto to all of the above flowers.gif and mad.gif for your vet.

Gooster - agree re families rolleyes.gif

My snottiness/sore throat/cough is back - hope it goes away very soon.

RMF : Last day in the office biggrin.gif

Couldn't sleep last night which was a good thing as it happened, as I was awake when Polly woke up at 3.30, had a fit and fell off the bed.

A missing cairn on Doglost site was picked up safely today,

Diesel the free-range ridgeback x was seen at 9 this morning, same time and place as a sighting exactly a week ago, and by the same dog walker. If that dog could thumb his nose at everyone, he would do.

Sorry Polly is still having fits :GroupHug: Pleased about the cairn though and hope Diesel is captured soon. :wub:

Hope you feel better for your break Alex.

:flowers: :GroupHug: for all who need them

Last full day today, but it has been a manic week already! I can't get my work up to date and it bothering me now as I only have 1 1/2 days left to do. :unsure:

Updated my Tesco order from my ipod while lying in bed this morning. Twas very quick, I was impressed :laugh:

It's the last of my Christmas meals tonight, with "the girls" this time. I really fancy something simple like egg and chips. Never thought I could tire of roasties, but even I have limits :laugh:

but it's not like cinema is a social occasion anyway!

If only more people recognized this my job would be a lot easier :laugh:

:GroupHug: Polly

Going to do my Christmas shopping today since it's so late I decided to only buy for the OH and my Mother everyone can have one of the bottles of spirits that's collecting dust in the cupboard :D

:laugh: Merledgs i was seriously pee'd off with the colour of the vet, i looked like a corpse next to him :laugh:

Gooster i personally can't see what the big deal is.... as you say the cinema is not a social occassion, it is not like you all went for a meal and you decided to sit at a different table :rolleyes: try to take no notice of them!

Houndzrus i hope you enjoy your meal..... don't think i could ever get tired of roasties mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jazz glad you got your microwave reserved, we were looking at them on saturday...... you get all manner of weird and wonderful functions on them now :unsure:

got a xmas card off my dads brother last night, opened it up and there was money inside for me and my brother...... i haven't seen my uncle for at least 6 years, very strange, best get hold of his number to say thankyou

Have had a bit of a crappy evening tonight. Mum and dad asked if I wanted to go and see the new Sherlock Holmes film tonight, with my brother, his girlfriend and her family. Anyhow, we got to the cinema, and I was first through the door and up the steps to the seats. I spied a row which wasn't directly in front or behind anyone, so I headed for that row. Anyway, brother's girlfriend decided she didn't want to sit on the row I had chosen, and sits on the one behind. As I had already taken my coat off and sat down, I was happy where I was and stayed put. Then everyone else decides to sit on the row behind me, and I get a roasting for being anti social! I know I could have moved, but it's not like cinema is a social occasion anyway! I hate families sometimes :angry:

I would tell them they were anti social for not sitting beside you.

Griff- can you not get the meds online or from another vet? I am sure a vet can dispense a prescription form another vet.

My younger son has just spent a month volunteering in Fiji and is now touring New Zealand and

Australia. He will not be home until 20 January so i was not expecting a Christmas present from him.

Last night a heavy parcel was delivered by courier- a very nice Christmas hamper of eatables.

Thanks guys, I didn't think it was a big deal either, apparently it was :rolleyes: I seem to remember this time last year we all fell out too! Was just having a little cry when the man came to read my meters. Turns out the gas meter wasn't the one his computer said he should be reading, which could explain my high bills :unsure: Am not holding my breath, but my bills might come down :)

I have also been shamed into tidying the cupboard where the gas meter was. It had loads of flyball rosettes in there as well as jumpers and collars etc.

Think am just being over sensitive at the moment to everything, as mum has bought gran and grandad a tea tray where she is putting pictures of all the family on it. All the couples have their own square for a picture, whereas I am on my own :mecry: I just hate being alone at this time of year.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Gooster.... you aren't alone.... you have your dogs and horse :flowers: i am sure if they could speak they would tell you how much you mean to them :flowers: you never know who is round the corner :flowers:

Blackmagic i can't get the tablets from anyone else as i am doing it as an insurance claim and have already paid for the tablets... i now have until 19th february (ish) so hopefully the wholesalers will have got them

Kittycat i hope you get all your christmas shopping done :flowers:

Merledogs hope things calm down at work :flowers: