UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just opened pressies and had our dinner. I'm a very lucky girl. Fergus has had a lovely day and keeps letting us know bless him. Scooby is very happy and has had a fine old time ripping up paper, Bracken has been a bit of a spoilt brat and sulky. (That was Fergus last year. Got Scoobs an intelligence/activity toy and he worked it out straight away. Oh well. :laugh:

Wispa and I had a long circular road walk from home this morning, taking advantage of absence of traffic. Then I went over to Mummy Owl, who as very surprised to have birthday card and present. She didn't remember it was Christmas, and asked me how old she is. I said 93, then suddenly the light in her brain switched on and she said, "I'm not 93, I'm 92. I was born in 1919 and it's 2011 now. Dear me, you are getting confused these days". I fear she is right :mellow:

Please send healing thoughts to a damaged Fugee :flowers:

Corrine (Lizzie) tripped up in a pothole and went flying. She has bruised ribs, knees and practically everything, but nothing broken thank goodness. She can't do anything and will be out of action for a while.

Morning!

Late nights, early mornings do not agree with me anymore! Mother has gone to dialysis, the house looks like Christmas exploded all over it and I'm the only one awake :tired:

I also ate too much yesterday and don't feel the need the eat again til around New Years :laugh:

Edited by kittycat

Well done Jazzdogs :flowers:

We slept until 8.30 this morning instead of our usual 6.30 and I still feel like I want to go back to bed :sleep: but must get Wispa out for walk and be back at mum's for lunchtime. Sunny day here but even windier than yesterday.

We are home :biggrin: Turkey is in the oven although we aren't having it until tomorrow but as I left it in the shed defrosting whilst we were in Wales I didn't want to leave it any longer before cooking it.

Nog was a complete idiot this morning, we got back and I let him into the garden for a wee while I got the turkey out turned my back for no more than 3 mins and in that time he'd surprised a cat, chased it the full length of the garden, slipped over turned a complete summersault and slid on his side into a huge pile of wet mud, rotting leaves and moss - result one stinking dirty muddy greyhound who was in the shower less than 10 mins after getting home much to his disgust. :rolleyes: Good thing Nick & Vicky are running late :laugh:

We'll be having our "xmas dinner" tomorrow we had roast lamb at mums which was absolutely scrummy but I really didnt fancy trying to get back here in time to cook another full roast dinner today, as it was we were up before 6am this morning and on the road by 7:30 so I'm shattered already, so it's sausages and fresh baked baquettes for lunch which suits Nick as its his favourite :laugh: