UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Morning :tired: Timmy woke me at 3 cos he needed to go out (runny tummy again, but it's my own fault for giving him too many nice things yesterday) and I could't get back to sleep so got up :tired:

Michelle - delighted to hear both bits of good news biggrin.gifflowers.gif

RMF : Today I am tacking Aldi and Costco, and then going for a much needed hair cut at 4pm.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :flowers: sorry for being pants at keeping up at the moment but doing lots of hours and it is pretty manic, finished yesterday at 8pm and in again today at 6am :mellow:

Sorry bout Polly Owl, hopefully the meds will work

Jayne, please try not to stress about it, alot of people in relationships are not very happy but have to please someone else, enjoy your time when you have it. I have been on my own now for 9yrs (with the kids) and I much prefer it.

flipping heck I have forgotten everyone else now :wacko:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to all

well done for passing xxx

im glad the fits are being sorted out

the dogs are going to have smaller portions from now on. they are messing in the night. I feed them at 4,so they have had time to empty. getting annoyed now. whats the portion size? is it 4% of their body weight?

Portion sizes vary according to what the fat content is in the food, whether it's wet or dry, lots of factors. I never follow the feeding guide on the packet because it's way off for my dogs.

I've been to Aldi and Costco huh.gif I never realised there were so many dumb people in the world and that they all congregate in the middle of the aisles in supermarkets when everyone else is trying to get around them to do their shopping. F*ckin idiots dry.gif

Given how sensitive the boys' tummies have been recently (especially Timmy), I thought I'd try them on a different food from the Autarky, so I've bought some Kirkland food from Costco. They have had a few nibbles and seem to like it so will see how they get on with it. Has anyone else tried it?

What a beautiful day it is today. Have had a couple of lovely walks in the sunshine.

Never heard of that food Alex but I had to take my lot off Autarky a while back because it started to upset their tums too. They're on James Wellbeloved at the mo and they get some of our stuff that I know agrees with them. I do worry whether they're getting all they need on dried food but I guess in the old days we used to feed them on crap.

well done for passing xxx

im glad the fits are being sorted out

the dogs are going to have smaller portions from now on. they are messing in the night. I feed them at 4,so they have had time to empty. getting annoyed now. whats the portion size? is it 4% of their body weight?

Percentages are just a starting point. Feeding a raw diet it is usually 2-3% but the amount you feed varies for each dog. My two are the same weight but one gets twice as much as the other. The vet is happy with both their weights.

I don't know what you feed them, but some foods, especially the cheaper ones with lots of cereal, produce more waste. Feeding a higher quality food can help and you usually need to feed less , so it is not always more expensive.

Do you take them out regularly during the day to go to the toilet?

Having free access to the garden all day can confuse a dog, as they don't distinguish between outside and inside. You need to take them out at regular times and reward them when/where they go so that they associate going there. Bitches usually go to the same place each time so you can take them there.

Make sure you clean up with an specific odour neutraliser or with biological washing powder.

Feeding the main meal in the morning may help as they have all day to go. Exercise also gets things moving, but each dog is different.

One of mine goes immediately after his dinner- presumably a relic of his puppy training of being taken out after his meals.

The other gets fed at the same time of 5 pm but goes in the middle of the afternoon.

So sorry about your friend Marion :GroupHug:

I went to our local Tesco for a few things earlier...argghhh! why do people leave their brains in the carpark? Trollies at right angles to each other so you can't get down the aisle at all, sideways along the freezers so you can't get near them, not to mention ramming their bloody trolly into the back of my legs. One woman did it three times, the third time I turned round and blasted her! :grrr: Am now home with a mince pie and a mango and apple J2O..funny, some vodka seems to have got into it!

:GroupHug: Marion, so sorry about your friend. :mecry:

Polly fitted as soon as she went out first thing, then again at midday, but no spasms, just collapsed and was out of it for a few mins. So I reckon the meds aren't right yet. Gave her honey on a spoon when she came round which seemed to help.

Marion I'm so sorry about your friend :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: for Polly :(

Suzeanna that shopping trip sounds horrendous, I'm dreading doing my Christmas shop! Enjoy your "J2O"

I'm doing a clear out before Christmas, I should have started this in April! There are piles of washing everywhere, I've decided there's benefits in being a nudist!

Edited by kittycat

Sorry about your friend Marion :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: to Polly

Alex, I think there is a bug going round at the moment, Charlie has had it. Shara has it at the moment, most mornings there is a mess in the kitchen. My aunt's 2 westies have been poorly with sickness and upset tummies. Shara went off her food for a few days, but giving her tripe really perked her up :)

Thanks for all the good thoughts, am feeling much better today :)

Marion so sorry to hear about your friend but glad she isn't suffering :GroupHug:

Owl sorry to hear Polly has fitted again, hope they can get the medication level right for her :flowers:

Suzeanna enjoy your tipple :flowers:

Merledogs haven't heard of that dog food... could they have changed the recipe of the autarkay?

nothing much to report here... finally wrapped up my christmas presents this morning, been and had my haircut... wasn't brave enough for a number 1 at the sides so just went for a number 2...maybe feel braver in the new year :laugh: need to dye it now :rolleyes: