UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get down to Aldis quickly! Ski clothing is in - I have had a pair of their quilted trousers for years, been to Lapland with me, been washed hundreds of times and still going strong (were 2 pairs but there was an unfortunate incident involving a jagged piece of metal!)

Ideal for dog walking!!!!

(I have just been in and bought another pair)

ps loads of dog toys as well

Hello December biggrin.gif

Owl it's nice to see you back flowers.gif

Archie has had a luffley walk with my friend and her dogs - and me of course. He was very busy showing the girls the best bits of the walk as it's one we do a lot but my friend and her dogs have never done before.

Sounds like we just got back in time - the rain is bouncing of the Velux windows in the kitchen now.

I am making chicken broth.

I forgot to say that I love the Jack and Cherry advent photos wub.gif wub.gif

Edited by Yantan

Inspired by Cheryl's Ian I have given up smoking :biggrin: Don't know why I did the grin smiley as I'm actually feeling like this :grrr: :mad: :angry: :laughingsmiley: I think Richard was glad to go back to the UK to work for a few days :laughingsmiley:

We have mice - lots of mice. They are also getting cheekier and bolder and will appear during the day and sit and laugh at me. Tiffy is a JRT/staffie cross and an excellent mouser in the garden or fields nearby but appears not to notice them in the house. They laugh at her too. I can't do the traps or the poison so we are trying the things that you plug in that emit a noise that sends the mice fleeing. So far it seems to be working in the lounge/dining rooms and bedrooms but not in the kitchen/utility rooms where it's actually more important that they work. Don't know what to do next :-(

He's not 100% given up, he had a couple of fags at the weekend when his brother popped in but otherwise he's doing really well with the electronic one, he finds it helpful to stand in the garden smoking it like he did with proper ones :laugh:

I wouldn't say we have mice but we definitely have 'something' in the loft. We can hear movement up there, only at night or early in the morning. We've had rats a couple of times in the garage and Mr Hazell just assumes it's them up there and wants to put poison down but I'm not letting him do anything until we know what it is. We had a hamster go missing earlier on this year, she jumped out of Emilys arms and disappeared under the kitchen cupboards never to be seen again. I'd like to think it's her. He's convinced it's rats though. He suggested putting a cat up there but the only would really keen on small furries is Chandler and there's no way he'd consent to being handled enough to get him in the loft :laugh: I've no idea how to safely catch whatever it is!

goodness December all ready :rolleyes:

Owl hope you have a few days rest now :flowers:

Jack and Cherry :wub: :wub:

Merledogs sorry your ex director is a tool :angry: and i hope there are no pressies waiting for you from the dogs :unsure:

Phoebejo...... could it be squirrels in the loft? the flats round here had heaps of trouble a few years back with squirrels, only trouble is if it is and you catch them you can't release them again (something to do with not being native to our shores.... think thats right :unsure: )

nothing to report from me...... except i have this very very sore head, i have had it a few times before... the only way i can describe it is that the skin on my head hurts, feels like it is burning, it is hot to the touch but there is no mark on my head according to my mum.... i can't go to the doctor and tell them that as they will think i am more barking than normal :laugh: just wish it would go away! i also feel cold all the time too (had 4 layers of clothes on last night and the heating on and still felt cold)