UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out to take the stuff to the homeless shelter, and the ruddy delivery driver has left the baskets at the end of the road! back in, rung customer services, not happy! they were going to ring the store and get someone out straight away, and was going to ring me to say whats happening. No call, and we have had heavy rain and winds, so dont know if they are still there, or have blown into the cars

I cant wait for the survey now!

oh, did I tell you the first can I opened of the 'few' I got last time was flat?

Safe trip Maria :flowers: have a lovely Christmas.

I survived the ASDA shopping nightmare, the amount of arguments going on in there was ridiculous! I did however forget the sweet potatoes and stuffing so will have to brave Sainsbury's on the way to work :glare:

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow at all, people turn into horrid beasts on Christmas Eve at the cinema, doesn't help that I don't feel I should be dealing with their crap when I should be at home with my family waiting for Santa :laugh:

I'm rarely on here these days, but wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of Polly's passing Owl, though you did make me smile with that lovely image of the organised Puli coup. :wub:

Also sad to hear that Marion has lost a treasured friend. :GroupHug:

It's been a funny old year for us; we've finally moved back to Scotland, acquired a house with a decent garden, welcomed the first grandchild and were planning a relatively peaceful retirement with a few hens and some guinea pigs to add to the dog and cats - and the grandbaby whom we'll be minding part-time. However, my 13 year old cat Rowan has just been diagnosed with diabetes today (oops...yesterday) and I'm wondering how I will cope with twice-daily injections. It's pathetic, but I feel overwhelmed suddenly. :wacko:

Happy Christmas to you all. I wish you peace and joy in whatever form it takes. I'll have chocolate and a nice glass of white, please, and maybe some of that wee Paulo Nutini on the Ipod. :biggrin:

Morning :tired:

Hello Maria and Greysmum :wavey: Hope you both have a lovely Chistmas :santa: My cousin lives not far from Christchurch and whilst they had some shaking it wasn't too bad, so unless you are flying into Christchurch itself you'll be fine flowers.gif

Martyn has had a stressful time of it in ASDA with people actually nicking things out of his trolley. He caught one bloke red handed.

Cheeky feckers ohmy.gif

The vet says that there is still a tiny bit of the ulcer left in Jack's eye, so the buster collar will remain for a while longer :unsure: It is still itchy too, so we have yet another cream, that'ts three in total. He's happy in himself though and managed to wangle FIVE treats out of the vet. :wub:

Poor Jack, can you take the collar off when you are in the room with him or will he still scratch? Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Today I have to take the dogs out, do the hoovering/dusting and change the bedding. Doesn't sound too bad but I feel sick from eating too much yesterday rolleyes.gif Best get my butt in gear.

Just popping on to send yuletide greetings

Greetings to you too :flowers:

Wanna bet George, Boysie and Smudge are flat out on the Bridge sofas waiting for Father Christmas to come

I hope so :wub:

I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow at all, people turn into horrid beasts on Christmas Eve at the cinema, doesn't help that I don't feel I should be dealing with their crap when I should be at home with my family waiting for Santa

That's exactly how I feel in the last days at work :rolleyes:

It's pathetic, but I feel overwhelmed suddenly.

Happy Christmas to you all. I wish you peace and joy in whatever form it takes.

Not pathetic at all, Happy Christmas to you too. :flowers:

Poor Jack, can you take the collar off when you are in the room with him or will he still scratch?

We have been taking it off, but he is too fast for us and has managed to scratch and rub before we can stop him. He is his own worst enemy, bless him. :wub:

However, the cream we got yesterday seems to knock out the itch, so he doesn't scratch and make it worse. Fingers crossed the cycle is broken :biggrin: He is such a good boy and takes every opportunity to be happy. Here he is on a buster collar break yesterday

60f50fb4.jpg

Off to the lotty soon, to get the 4 parsnips for dinner tomorrow. They have only grown the size of carrots, but I don't care, they were grown for Christmas dinner so I'm getting them :laugh:

Edited by houndzrus

Have done the tidying and dusting. Will do the bed later when I go up for a bath. Few other bits to do which can wait.

RMF : We're having duck for lunch tomorrow, as per usual. I love duck, far tastier than Turkey and the fat makes lovely roasties. Speaking of which I haven't made proper roasties for years but am planning to do so tomorrow. Best go and google the best way (I was going to par-boil them and then roll in flour before basting in duck fat and putting in the oven).

Oh San I'm so sorry :GroupHug:

Got the lads stuff from Pets At Home. Couldn't find anything chocolatey for them this year.

I still ended up buying them some toys despite having tons of the damn things that I'm supposed to be selling.

Bracken met 2 feisty chihuahuas and a pomeranian in the park this morning. He was so gentle with them and rather surprised at how small they were. He's such a sociable boy.

Having a clean and tidy of the lounge/dining room then will go see my Dad in hospital. Stepmum has gone there this afternoon.

Edited by Jacobean