UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a guy phone up Oldies Club yesterday wanting to rehome a dog that belonged to an elderly friend who'd gone into a nursing home - he'd been told it was a breed called an 'Irish Hound' - black, roughly lab sized, very long silky coat (kept clipped), not particularly long legs. Any guesses...?

it's got my curiousity going, I was so cross when he said he had no email so couldnt' send a photo! laugh.gif

I feel people's pain re noisy neighbours, the nob and his family who live behind me are seemingly unable to do anything quietly, so if they are in the garden then everything goes up a zillion decibels. He even speaks like a foghorn. Last Sunday I had to close the doors and windows because someone in their house had the radio on full blast and windows open, so the neighbours had to listen to it whether they liked it or not :mad:

Yep the foghorn talking is part of the problem - I have no problem at all with people enjoying being out in the garden, thats what gardens are for, the difference being that if and when we sit out in the garden and we very very rarely do because of the noise, we talk at a quieter volume because we often don't want to be overheard whereas the ones I'm moaning about seem to up their decibel levels tenfold so that people in the next street can hear every ruddy word of what they are saying, it's very ooooh listen to me I'm so up myself you all need to hear me, and thats before they start drinking when the levels go up even more. They too put the music on their surround sound indoor speakers mounted on our lounge party wall, open all their windows and then sit outside, obviously for them to hear it outdoors the volume gets cranked up, which means we can't escape it indoors or out and even closing the windows doesn't help because it comes straight through the wall it's like living nextdoor to a flipping nightclub, and of course they then up their talking volume to compete with the ruddy music.

I know some peoples voices carry I'm rather a loud voiced person myself but I keep my voice down if outside.

Having spent last night seething I have woken this morning and decided feck em, and have just reserved a BBQ at Argos which I shall pick up over the weekend, I haven't had a BBQ for about 8 years (not after the last time I tried lighting one and it blew up and sent flames shooting up as high as the roof :laugh: ) b*****ks to the lot of em, if they can do it - so can I, and if they wanna hear loud... bring it on.

Had a guy phone up Oldies Club yesterday wanting to rehome a dog that belonged to an elderly friend who'd gone into a nursing home - he'd been told it was a breed called an 'Irish Hound' - black, roughly lab sized, very long silky coat (kept clipped), not particularly long legs. Any guesses...?

it's got my curiousity going, I was so cross when he said he had no email so couldnt' send a photo! laugh.gif

The only dog of that size that I can think off with a long silky coat is a flat coat retriever. Doesn't sound much like "Irish hound" though! Where abouts is the dog? One of us might be near enough to go and photograph it :)

Congratulations to Shane Sutton on his OBE.

If you don't know who he is...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/3286677/Shane-Sutton-is-the-heart-and-soul-of-Britains-cycling-success-Cycling.html

A truly dedicated individual and one of the biggest assest I think to British cycling!!

Edited by murtle

:rolleyes: I like cricket

I might if I could understand it. It looks rather civilised. Perhaps there is somewhere on the net which tells you the uninitiated how cricket works. People have tried to explain it to me but have given up in despair. I will do a search later.

Other than that I like watching Sumo and archery, sports with deep concentration rather than lots of excitement.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh bloody freesat!!!! there was a powercut yesterday..when power resumed it wiped the freesat box (again) :rolleyes: it took me 2 days to get it right last time... now it decides that channel 10+ upto channel 33 doesn't exist and i know it flippin well does! i have deleted all the transponders and retuned it about 18 times..... i have resorted back to factory setting and will have to move all the channels round :rolleyes: it's driving me nuts :laugh:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all those with neighbour that are annoying them........ mine do it to me..i don't talk to one side now and i just deafen them with my music when they bug me now :biggrin:

RMF the sun has returned :D

I'm so sorry, I was really insensitive, I forgot you were scottish.............yes you do get to the World Cup finals about once every 40 years, just tune into channel 4 onwards for the next month and you'll be fine :flowers: you might even get 2 days of Andy Murray at Wimbledon :unsure: :D

laugh.gif I know, I take great pleasure in us being so carp laugh.gif

Having spent last night seething I have woken this morning and decided feck em, and have just reserved a BBQ at Argos which I shall pick up over the weekend, I haven't had a BBQ for about 8 years (not after the last time I tried lighting one and it blew up and sent flames shooting up as high as the roof :laugh: ) b*****ks to the lot of em, if they can do it - so can I, and if they wanna hear loud... bring it on.

That sounds like fighting talk box.gif

At least one good thing has happened today, the new Sookie Stackhouse book arrived biggrin.gif, will take my mind of worrying/fuming about stupid Pap woman.

I might if I could understand it. It looks rather civilised. Perhaps there is somewhere on the net which tells you the uninitiated how cricket works. People have tried to explain it to me but have given up in despair. I will do a search later.

Other than that I like watching Sumo and archery, sports with deep concentration rather than lots of excitement.

Here you

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Simples :biglaugh:

Have been digging up some rather tall nettles cos Martyn has hurt his shoulder. About half way through but have stopped for a breather as is very hot. I like most sport and normally watch as many football matches as poss but I'm studying at the mo so really need to keep my head down.

We're sort of set away from our neighbours and they can't hear when I put my music on and the dogs get a tad nutty. They're a really nice bunch of people and we all get on well. I feel lucky as I've had some rum ones in the past.

Bootiful pic :wub:

if they wanna hear loud... bring it on.

Put some thrash metal on or punk, that should teach em :laugh:

I know, I take great pleasure in us being so carp laugh.gif

At least Scotland get there more often than Wales :laugh: I'm about a third English (born in Wales, welsh mum, english dad) so I do support England when they are not playing Wales. England also have several Man City players in the team, including Sean Wright Phillips, who is my favouritest player :wub: Plus I've got England in the sweepstake at work, so am hoping they win for monetary reasons as well. I do get caught up in the atmosphere of it all, especially when I've had a couple of lagers.

normally watch as many football matches as poss but I'm studying at the mo so really need to keep my head down.

Oops, I knew there was something I had forgotten to do today :rolleyes: Maybe I'll squeeze an hour in before I open my first can.

RMF : Today has been absolutely perfect weather wise - hovering about 70 (in proper money) with a lovely breeze, just the way I like it :cool:

Went out to buy clothes today as we're going to a 60th birthday tea party next weekend. I bought a pair of 'smart jeans' - meaning I promise not to wear them when out with the dogs and, because I couldn't resist them, a couple if quite girly (for me) tops.

OH bought.... A new laptop. He's going to look funny wearing that to the party!!