UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking a smaller dog, bichon, westie, that size. just needs to be under 4 and female if you know of one please.

Have a look at The Little Dog Rescue,some lovely dogs with them now.

Nige glad Cliffy is home with you.

My vet adored Trixie,took her in for a checkup and her vaccs and he thinks she's a smashing little dog (which she is) and he was,like the folks in reception,really surprised that such a well behaved dog ended up in rescue :( He has Borders himself and is a real Terrier fan so our visits do tend to be quite chatty usually :laugh:

Sometimes a person's character can be conveyed in one sentence. I am informing someone that I am putting a new process in place relating to a certain supplier, which they will need to use going forward. This is going to make not only their life easier, but also the life of a couple of people elsewhere in the company (and the supplier) who have to deal with the results of the current inefficient process. No brainer I thought but no, apparently "this has always been done this way". Give me strength.

Pleased Cliffy is home :wub:

For Alex, dealing with people who can't cope with change, even when it's for the better :flowers: :rolleyes:

My RMF for this morning is that I am infested with mice. I've got one making itself at home in the living room, I can hear them in the loft at night, and there are mouse droppings in my kitchen cupboard under the sink so they are obviously having a canter round there at night. My humane trap is not working, the instructions say don't bother with cheese, put peanut butter in. So now in addition to dog, horse, cat and hen food, I have to buy in special stuff for the mice :rolleyes: :laugh:

Sleep tight, Chalky rabbit :( :wub:

Edited by JulesB

Wouldn't it be great if the job we wanted just fell out of the sky. Have been to an agency I've now been registered with for years to meet yet another of their recruitment consultants to go through everything all over again. I'm sick of it. Why can't they keep decent records. Nothing has changed. I still want the same things, can do the same things.

Pleased Cliffy is home.

How's chook with rattly chest now?

Hop free little chalky. :GroupHug:

Scoobs had me pootling round the streets at 4.50 this morning cos he had the trots. They've all been a bit dodgy the past few days but apparently enough is enough. I'm blaming Autarky cos I've noticed the colour has changed and they're not poorly. So have shoved them on the old Supadog Sensitive stuff until I can figure out what to put them on next.

We're collecting the new dogmobile this afternoon. Hope I can drive this one. My knee didn't like the clutch on the Frontera. This one is an automatic and actually has a larger boot so I'm excited at the thought of possibly being able to help with transport again. I do miss that. I will feel like I'm driving a bus though as it's huge so will have to get used to it first :laugh:

Jules we caught our mice in a humane trap when we put chocolate in. They don't bother with cheese at all. When you take them away from the house you have to take them a few miles otherwise they return home to you. Hope you can manage to get rid of them soon. We also put one of those plug in things in which sends out some kind of signal which stops things going up your walls. Need to find where they're coming into the house and block it somehow. They can get into the tiniest of places.

Edited by Jacobean

for the IBS flare up, have you tried ginger tablets ? I have Crohn's and ginger tablets can ease things.

This might sound daft :rolleyes: but do the tablets taste of ginger? I hate ginger it makes me feel sick :wacko: I've spent most of the day in bed as its been a bad flare up, i can deal with the normal havoc ibs causes but times like today its nasty and i cant do much. Feeling better now though, just have to decide if i'm brave enough to risk a quick trip to the shop :wacko:

Thanks for all thinking of Chalky, hes one of the nicest rabbits i've ever known very soft and gentle and was only around 3yrs old. Think Katie rabbit must be jinxed as this is her 3rd partner thats died and shes only 4 yrs old :(

sorry to hear about Chalky :mecry: poor Katie bunny losing another partner.

i have spent my morning contacting the hospital for a report on the tests i had in september :rolleyes: from what we can gather a doctor hasn't even looked at them :unsure:

isn't the weather horrible :unsure: it is a very strange day here..quite blowy and very very dull.... if it rains anymore i will have to empty the paddling pool again :laugh: i may just nod off on the sofa for a bit... the dogs are already crashed out :wub:

:GroupHug: CAB and Griff

For Alex, dealing with people who can't cope with change, even when it's for the better :flowers: :rolleyes:

I rang said person and spoke to them - they were a bit defensive at first but I used a charm offensive (yes, I can do charm when I need to :D) and hopefully things are now sorted. We have to test the process but our lady in accounts payable is going to be my new BFF if it works :laugh:

Scoobs had me pootling round the streets at 4.50 this morning cos he had the trots. They've all been a bit dodgy the past few days but apparently enough is enough. I'm blaming Autarky cos I've noticed the colour has changed and they're not poorly. So have shoved them on the old Supadog Sensitive stuff until I can figure out what to put them on next.

I posted about that the other day and the odd colour, I bought some Autarky cos I ran out of Arden Grange and it gave a couple of the boys the squits for several days. They are okay now though, but I am not buying it again.

I hope you find a job soon, let me know what you are looking for and I'll have a look at our jobs internally to see if there is anything which you might be interested in :flowers:

Also worth registering your details on the Group website as well in case anything comes up in any of the sister companies.

Thanks Alex :flowers:

ColliesRBest - Aloe Vera juice is very good for IBS. Takes a couple of months to start working but really calms things down. There are still some foods which you will need to steer clear of more than likely. For the pain I used to take Colpermin. It helps to a point.

Feck feck feckitty feck I just found out that we are going to have serious problems getting a mortgage when hubby leaves the forces apparently he'll need to have been working at least 3 months in a new job and they don't give mortgages over age 65 so rather than a 20 yr repayment period term we were hoping to go for we will only be able to look for a 10 year mortgage :ohmy: thats going to be almost double the repayments we have budgeted for! :mecry: There's no way we can apply before he leaves as we intended to use his lump sum to clear all our debts and have the rest for a 15% deposit and a bit over for legal fees and removals etc and we don't get that until his very last day in service without it we have absolutely nothing - unless someone has a spare 40k they don't need for a couple of months?