UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck feck feckitty feck I just found out that we are going to have serious problems getting a mortgage when hubby leaves the forces apparently he'll need to have been working at least 3 months in a new job and they don't give mortgages over age 65 so rather than a 20 yr repayment period term we were hoping to go for we will only be able to look for a 10 year mortgage :ohmy: thats going to be almost double the repayments we have budgeted for! :mecry: There's no way we can apply before he leaves as we intended to use his lump sum to clear all our debts and have the rest for a 15% deposit and a bit over for legal fees and removals etc and we don't get that until his very last day in service without it we have absolutely nothing - unless someone has a spare 40k they don't need for a couple of months?

its does seem Mortgages are harder to get now sad.gif , have you considered shared ownership as another option ?. Grandma Squirrel has a shared ownership house that she bought when she retired and it works really well for her

Snow :GroupHug:

RMF : I am having a carp week emotionally/stress wise. 4 years of almost constant depression has a way of wearing you down :(

really sorry to hear that Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

This might sound daft :rolleyes: but do the tablets taste of ginger? I hate ginger it makes me feel sick :wacko: I've spent most of the day in bed as its been a bad flare up, i can deal with the normal havoc ibs causes but times like today its nasty and i cant do much. Feeling better now though, just have to decide if i'm brave enough to risk a quick trip to the shop :wacko:

No they don't normally taste of ginger, but if ginger makes you feel sick they may not be an option, although I haven't tried it Yarrow Complex is supposed to be really good too. Do you feel sick with a flare up ? if so you can get Mottilium over the counter now which is for nausea, I use it so I'd assume it would be fine for IBS. Hope your feeling better soon flowers.gif

RMF : I am having a carp week emotionally/stress wise. 4 years of almost constant depression has a way of wearing you down :(

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

BORED BORED FECKING BORED

Have a look for a site called Graboid, has just about every film you could imagine and you get a months free trial, although it only equates to 2 films, they have most of the films that are in the cinema and the quality is first class, you can download or stream, it also claims to be legal unsure.gif

Lola the hen is making progress, she's still got a cough but her breathing is much improved, hopefully she'll be out on Sunday.

Thanks for the hugs and advice :flowers: we'll just have to wait n see for now I guess it's all riding on hubby hearing about a job he's applied for if he gets it then he could be out of the RAF as soon as 12 weeks from now :ohmy: if he doesn't then we start looking again - we've got a little under 2 years left so time isn't exactly pressing although it is if the age thing is an issue mortgagewise - ah well euro lottery tonight ..... :laugh:

We are however going to pop over to Llansamlet next week and have a look at the house we spotted and a good nosey round the general area even if this job falls through then it might be worth us considering locating there given house prices are that much cheaper than Cardiiff, Barry, Bridgend areas and I can't convince hubby to live in Mountain Ash even though 3 bedroom semis can be had for under 40k there!

I drove through Llansamlet today, there are some nice bits and some great dogwalking places within reach, e.g. Penllergaer forest.

Hop free, Chalky bun :GroupHug:

Glad Cliffy and Heather hen are improving.

After a stiff trek on the Gower coast path tracking a missing dog yesterday, we were all looking forward to a quiet time today. No chance! I clocked up 210 miles during 8 hours of beetling around between Swansea and Haverfordwest. I have met some very nice people who knew when NOT to mind their own business, and some very nasty people who were highly convincing liars, and it was all worth while as 2 separate dogs at risk are now safe. A lovely social worker went far beyond the call of duty, bless her :wub: Mega thanks to Lesley TF who nipped over and let my girls out into the garden. The when I finally sat down to check my emails I found that a dog we thought had a rescue space, hasn't. So will be spending all tomorrow trying to sort out somewhere for him. And dear old Snook the GSD who was being fostered for Oldies by my friend Cery has gone :mecry: having slipped away in his sleep. She was very upset when she rang me.

Far too much has been happening this week, it feels like a month being squeezed into 7 days.

morning all xx

ive just emailed a few rescues who have small girls in. even lissie didnt ask for her breakfast this morning. :ohmy:

lewis has gone to bournmouth for the weekend on his cricket tour, back monday

tv is rubbish at 6am

Morning on my last holiday day. Starting to feel glum.

My eyes keep filling up with gunk and I'm sneezy. I'm blaming hay fever but can't help wondering if it's something in the house as well as I've not been out yet and Martyn swears none of the windows are open.

Owl you sound as though you're overdoing things. Look after yourself too. We don't want you poorly. Hope the dog finds a rescue space quickly. It's very sad that Snook had to leave us :mecry: My heart goes out to his family.

Hope you find something Snow

Hope Lola and Cliffy improve a lot more today.

Alex when is the last time you went away on a holiday. Can't you book a cottage or something and take the dogs away? It's good for the soul to get away from it all and just chill and lovely to see somewhere new. We live in a beautiful country. You may not be into holidays of course and I know it's not a cure for depression.

Edited by Jacobean