UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

Sam, you've done more good in the world with setting up Dogstar than most of us could ever hope to do, all those big boss nobheads can go and bugger themselves, they can only measure their wealth in money, you have something far more valuable, compassion and the gumption to do something about suffering Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Couldn't have put it better myself. Sam and Mark truly are amazing people :flowers:

I've been at work all day so couldn't get on the board. Has anyone heard how Cliffy is?

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of Cliffy and Molly :GroupHug:

Sam, I second what Fugees said :flowers:

You go to far off places and help animals in dire need, and I wibble at the thought of ever going abroad again, except maybe to Norway which felt a bit like Yorkshire. I think you are very brave.

Owl & Lesley - whats Llansamlet like as a potential place to buy a house and live?

depends which bit. Some of it has a huge council estate and a Tescos yet on the edge isnt to bad. Its because its high density that it changes so much. I had a horse on loan in the nice bit

High density isn't tooo bad since we have been used to living in married quarters so are used to estate life etc area I was looking at seems to have quite a lot of bungalows and backs onto moorland? I know Samlet and Swansea Enterprise parks are right on top of Llansamlet but from using google street view the area I was looking at seemed to be slightly higher up and had reasonably nice clear views. A big plus is the railway station apparently it's 4 mins to Swansea and the trains are regular so an easy commute to work if I were to look for a job in the City, or even back down into Cardiff - it really seems to tick the boxes as far as opening up options for work plus not being in the Vale or around Cardiff house prices are quite a bit cheaper. The downside is that we're looking to move back to be closer to both mums and Cardiff Blues - whilst this is closer it's still 45 mins to my mum's from there and means having to do the Britton Ferry/ PTalbot bottle neck every time we go back south, it also means an extra 40 mins travelling for Nick when they come visit us for a change :laugh: on the other hand theres Mumbles & the Gower in very easy reach which is a HUGE plus point.

Have to read things very very quickly at the moment before I lose my connection so forgive me if I miss something important or an update.

Hope all is well with you and Cliffy, Nige :GroupHug:

Snow, I'm sure you are holding your own on the "other" Forum. I too have found myself in situations of struggling to represent my views against a torrent of folks who see, for example, no reason to report lost dogs on

DogsLost. :wacko: Keep up the good work.

Sam, I'm very sure I haven't read what everyone has said in response to your posts. Sufficient to say that I continue to be in awe of your success in setting an organisation up from scratch in a foreign country, and taking that organisation from NPO to Charity in just a couple of years. Your dedication and hard work is a credit to you and Mark - and to the strength of your relationship. But. (I know, you shouldn't start a sentence with "But"). No organisation, commercial, charitable or anything else, can survive when those leading it and working for it are stretched beyond sanity - and if that means you have to say "no" to organising an event, that maybe what it takes - obviously it would have been good for your profile and presumably funds, but that's nothing if you're stressed to the extent of not being able to run existing things. Shame that your ex-colleagues couldn't have been amazed at your achievements, which are considerable on all levels - bigger shame I wasn't at the dinner - there are occasions when I sure could do with talking to someone at an event about something other than "work"!

Sorry for not posting earlier but I have had a few things

to do, Cliffy came home today, and the only time his tail

stopped wagging was when he fell asleep.

The vets seem to think he had a gastro bug, so he is on

some AB's and a paste to help settle his tummy when he eats, oh

and he is sporting an ickle lampshade as they have stripped all

the scabs from just below his eyes which are a bit red & sore.

Thank you for all the good thoughts and wishes, what with Tessie's diagnosis this

year already, I had a bit of a wobbly moment this afternoon

before i left work to pick up the little man.

He is now snoozling in Tessie's basket, that didnt take long did it :laugh:

Sam, can only agree with what others have said about you :GroupHug:

am off to bed now, once again thank you all - night :wavey:

Morning :tired:

Pleased Cliffy is home and happy :flowers:

RMF : Neighbour behind me has a hawthorn tree which overhangs my arbour. When the tree surgeon was in a while ago cutting back the huge sycamore which grew next to it, he must have dropped a branch onto it or something, because one of the branches on the hawthorn has been broken and hanging off ever since. Said branch came down in the high winds we had last night onto my fence/arbour, so I have returned the branch to his garden for him to dispose of. This muppet lit a fire in his garden last night while we had high winds (away from his house, but behind my next door neighbour's fence), so not only was the ash and smoke blowing all over the place, but it stank my living room out. I did think at one stage that it was a pretty stupid thing to do because if the wind caught hold of anything on fire, it could have had dire consequences :(

god your neighbour sounds a right t*at merledogs.... can you still burn things in your garden? i don't think we are allowed to in our city :unsure:

i am very glad cliff is o.k and i hope his tummy and eyes are soon a lot better :flowers:

Glad Cliffy is back home :biggrin:

Got up normal time [5.30am] and all was fine with the animals, Jodies rabbit Chalky was in the run quite happy but i went outside just before and he was lying dead :mecry: At least it was sudden with no drawn out suffering :(

Have fun in the Bridge fields Chalky :wub:

My IBS is having a real flare up and it aint nice :(

ive been up with freddie pacing since 5am. Im tired now. I shut my eyes at 8.50, phone rang at 8.55. need a friend for freddie

im thinking a smaller dog, bichon, westie, that size. just needs to be under 4 and female if you know of one please.

Glad Cliffy is back home :biggrin:

Got up normal time [5.30am] and all was fine with the animals, Jodies rabbit Chalky was in the run quite happy but i went outside just before and he was lying dead :mecry: At least it was sudden with no drawn out suffering :(

Have fun in the Bridge fields Chalky :wub:

My IBS is having a real flare up and it aint nice :(

Poor Chalky sad.gif

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for the IBS flare up, have you tried ginger tablets ? I have Crohn's and ginger tablets can ease things.

ive been up with freddie pacing since 5am. Im tired now. I shut my eyes at 8.50, phone rang at 8.55. need a friend for freddie

im thinking a smaller dog, bichon, westie, that size. just needs to be under 4 and female if you know of one please.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif For Freddie

Forgot to say how pleased I am for Cliffy biggrin.gif

Edited by celeste

Just had a heart stopping moment when I thought I'd been driving round without insurance :ohmy: I noticed the DD hadn't gone from my bank account this month, and I knew that my insurance was up for renewal round about this time, but couldn't remember which date so I had to ring them up. Turns out that because it was a new policy and I'd paid a couple of months up front, I only had to pay 10 months, phew! It runs out on 6th July and they said they posted a renewal notice out to me yesterday.