UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June Rmf

merledogs

Sam you should never feel ashamed for being unemployed. You may not have paid work at present but you've been putting your heart & soul into Dogstar and all those people will be in awe of that and very impressed.

Tis very kind of you to say but I doubt anyone in the room would have given charity work much credit , thats why I did not go because it was a night where work and who has what work / landed what multi million pound contract etc would have been the sole topic of conversation

Sam you cannot do everything and running yourself and Mark into the ground trying to do everything will merely mean that at some point your body will say - I've had enough and then you won't be able to do anything. There is absolutely no guilt to be felt over now and again making a bit of space for you Mark & Ash to just be you Mark & Ash once in a while :flowers:

you are right and its why we had to pull out of this , I think if we had continued on with trying to do this on top of everything else one or both of us really would have become ill

Sorry you had to pull out of the event, sounds fantastic, is there no way others could help you organise it? If not, don't feel bad some things are possible, some things aren't :flowers:

I think with our current volunteer base and the volume of work already outstanding its totally unrealistic for us to pull this off this year and you are right some things are just not possible no matter how much we would like them to.

Sam : Dogstar is way more important than proper work, you should be proud of yourself cos you are making a difference.

I am proud of Dogstar but I am not proud of my bank balance and ever decreasing savings !

anyway that was yesterday and today is another day so I can choose to move on as happy with my choices or sit here and been gloomy , think I will give Happy a go

Hope Cliffy is okay today wub.gif

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF : I was in work at 7.30 this morning :huh:

Ouch!

Seconding all the people saying that Sam is awesome and shouldn't be at all bothered about the people who have nothing better to boast about than contracts and stuff. rolleyes.gif And wondering if these people would really be as unimpressed with Dogstar as Sam thinks, cos frankly, if so, they are strangely one-sided human beings!

RMF: I am drinking coffee from my mug that says 'No Whining' on the side. I love that mug. I wave it at Mark if he complains when I ask him to unload the dishwasher. laugh.gif

Hoping Cliffy is OK. flowers.gif

Thank you for the good thoughts, I just phoned and he is a little brighter

and has nibled a little bit, but the nurse asked me to call back in an hour

to speak to the vet, the last time I was asked to do that I was told

that Tessie had cancer :mecry:

I am now really worried that it's something like kidney failure and I

will lose my bossy little boy :mecry: :mecry:

Nige :GroupHug:

RMF : I have just booked myself on the next two CIPS courses after the July one which I am doing self study. I worked out that by the time I finish my CIPS, the company would have spent the best part of £6k paying for it.

am feeling rather crap today

I was invited to a big company office opening today with ex colleagues and big wigs and I bailed out because I am ashamed at still being unemployed mecry.gif

I had to pull Dogstar out of a fantastic fundraising event ( a race across Europe ) because Mark and I could not manage all the organisation on top of our other Dogstar commitments. Fell really bad letting the organsisers down but the relief in crawling some time back is wonderful ( which makes me feel guilty )

You know sam,

Life never works out how we planned it. Its all about fate and chance. How many people wake up and plan to make a difference to the world and know how they will do it ? You actually did make a huge difference in the world.

Fate is saying that is the way you are supposed to go. If you really want to work as well then you will dilute Dogstar work. Thats just they way it is.If you want to work You really need to go to these office openings because you have isolated yourself from the opportunities there whilst creating the wonderful Dog star org. Thats if you really want to work. If you choose to throw yourself into Dogstar then you need to be doing it full time and be speaking to accountants in order to make it your paid job. You then will be free to give talks and fundraise full time.

You are under the umbrella of pressure right now. On top of the umbrella is sunshine and direction but you havent climbed out from underneath yet.

You have made an amazing achievement with Dogstar so maybe its time to go up a gear. There are various places you can go for help to do just that. You ARE working but you are just not getting a wage. Stop putting yourself down because you dont need to at all.

Edited by Trallwm farm

I have not been around for a while because my comp would not let me, for some reason it has let me today. :biggrin:

I hope every one is well and happy, have not read back yet to find out.

:GroupHug: to everyone and thier dogs that need it

Barbara

Ouch!

Seconding all the people saying that Sam is awesome and shouldn't be at all bothered about the people who have nothing better to boast about than contracts and stuff. rolleyes.gif And wondering if these people would really be as unimpressed with Dogstar as Sam thinks, cos frankly, if so, they are strangely one-sided human beings!

I don't think any one has ever said I am awesome before , I am not sure I am but thank you its a lovely thing to read smile.gif

RMF: I am drinking coffee from my mug that says 'No Whining' on the side. I love that mug. I wave it at Mark if he complains when I ask him to unload the dishwasher.

I think I need a mug like that laugh.gif

You know sam,

Life never works out how we planned it. Its all about fate and chance. How many people wake up and plan to make a difference to the world and know how they will do it ? You actually did make a huge difference in the world.

Fate is saying that is the way you are supposed to go. If you really want to work as well then you will dilute Dogstar work. Thats just they way it is.If you want to work You really need to go to these office openings because you have isolated yourself from the opportunities there whilst creating the wonderful Dog star org. Thats if you really want to work. If you choose to throw yourself into Dogstar then you need to be doing it full time and be speaking to accountants in order to make it your paid job. You then will be free to give talks and fundraise full time.

You are under the umbrella of pressure right now. On top of the umbrella is sunshine and direction but you havent climbed out from underneath yet.

You have made an amazing achievement with Dogstar so maybe its time to go up a gear. There are various places you can go for help to do just that. You ARE working but you are just not getting a wage. Stop putting yourself down because you dont need to at all.

Thank you , very helpful post

In an ideal world I could work part time to make some income and devote the rest of my time unpaid to Dogstar but since the recession its not been possible for me to get that sort of contact work. I need to find a way to support myself outside Dogstar as well as funding and promoting our work. Writing is one option which I think I could look into this year ( both childerns book and the Dogstar story )

Any links or advice you have re next steps would be very welcomed

Sorry RMF readers this should have been its own thread rather than highjacking the conversation here flowers.gif

Nigel, how is Cliffy ? Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

am feeling rather crap today

Sam, you've done more good in the world with setting up Dogstar than most of us could ever hope to do, all those big boss nobheads can go and bugger themselves, they can only measure their wealth in money, you have something far more valuable, compassion and the gumption to do something about suffering Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I am now really worried that it's something like kidney failure and I

will lose my bossy little boy :mecry: :mecry:

Hope there been some good news Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Lola seems to be coping pretty well with her incarceration, she's a greedy sod so is very much enjoying all the little tidbits, she's still gurgly though

GRRRRRR I yam getting close to being drawn into a ranty type rant on another forum where one of the members has just given up one of his dogs to the rspca for rehoming and posted to complain that the rspca staff didn't give him any sympathy or tell him what a good bloke he was for giving up his "much loved pet" that he didn't have the time to work with and help him through his issues.... I've so far stayed polite even when learning that the sole reason for rehoming is that the un- neutered male has been going visiting a bitch up the rd and the bitches owners threatened to shoot him if it happened again. No mention was made of neutering the dog, or of dog proofing the yard or even just not letting him out unsupervised! Yet when I posted to say that perhaps the rspca should be shown a bit of understanding for the fact they deal with this kinda thing endlessly and are hardly going to feel sympathetic towards someone whose sole reason for handing over their "much loved" dog was a lack of time or willingness to work on the issues without giving the dog up, all of a sudden he had aparently tried a few things (tho not nutering or making sure the dog was adequately supervised) :rolleyes: I again politely responded that he maybe should just be content that they had after all solved his problem by taking the dog for him only to be met with even more yes but they were mean to me b*****ks. :angry: Now some of the yanks have chimed in with thats the rescues job to take in unwanted pets and they should be kind to the owners as they are obviously upset about giving up little tiddles....so they've just been hit with a lonnnnnnnnnng post about the realities of rescue and what responsible dog ownership bloody well means.

Sam, you've done more good in the world with setting up Dogstar than most of us could ever hope to do, all those big boss nobheads can go and bugger themselves, they can only measure their wealth in money, you have something far more valuable, compassion and the gumption to do something about suffering Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Well said, Celeste. :flowers: I agree with every word. :flowers:

GRRRRRR I yam getting close to being drawn into a ranty type rant on another forum where one of the members has just given up one of his dogs to the rspca for rehoming and posted to complain that the rspca staff didn't give him any sympathy or tell him what a good bloke he was for giving up his "much loved pet" that he didn't have the time to work with and help him through his issues.... I've so far stayed polite even when learning that the sole reason for rehoming is that the un- neutered male has been going visiting a bitch up the rd and the bitches owners threatened to shoot him if it happened again. No mention was made of neutering the dog, or of dog proofing the yard or even just not letting him out unsupervised! Yet when I posted to say that perhaps the rspca should be shown a bit of understanding for the fact they deal with this kinda thing endlessly and are hardly going to feel sympathetic towards someone whose sole reason for handing over their "much loved" dog was a lack of time or willingness to work on the issues without giving the dog up, all of a sudden he had aparently tried a few things (tho not nutering or making sure the dog was adequately supervised) :rolleyes: I again politely responded that he maybe should just be content that they had after all solved his problem by taking the dog for him only to be met with even more yes but they were mean to me b*****ks. :angry: Now some of the yanks have chimed in with thats the rescues job to take in unwanted pets and they should be kind to the owners as they are obviously upset about giving up little tiddles....so they've just been hit with a lonnnnnnnnnng post about the realities of rescue and what responsible dog ownership bloody well means.

Well yes but he IS donating his dog and all rescues sit about waiting for them to come in.

People phone me offering to donate cats. I obviously dont have enough cats,dogs,goats,horses,cows or anything else hanging about. Without people like him what would we do with our time ! Hopefully now he has recieved the wrath of a rescuer he will feel agrieved enough to never get another dog.