UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Alicia

I woke up just before 6am this morning so got up for a wee to discover we had no water and thus no central heating ohmy.gifrolleyes.gif

I was fearing frozen pipes or, worse still, a knackered boiler but we suddenly got water thro the taps at about 6.20am and then heat biggrin.gif Apparently there was a problem with the water main and the Utility chaps had been working thro the night to restore it. Thank dog they did as I couldn't have faced a day in here without heat. It's bloody freezing and less than an hour after the central heating switched off mid morning I had to switch it back on as it got really cold in here.

We are all very warm and toasty now biggrin.gif

Owl our gauge on the oil tank didn't work at our last house and our oil supplier gave us a marked stick to dip in so we could estimate how much was in. We left it to the delivery man to do the dipping as he came every month to keep us topped up laugh.gif

Snowing heavily and steadily here. We have provisions for all of us, enough for a couple of weeks. Just praying the oil doesn't run out. The gauge on tank doesn't work, been on about it to landlords agents ever since I've been here. I can only check it by climbing on stepladder to take lid off the filling point and shining a torch inside. And I only go up stepladder outside if there is someone to steady it, as ground is uneven. If oil runs out we have enough coal and electric heaters to manage. If we lose the leccy, it will be coal fire and camping stove.

My gauge dosen't work either and I use a marked stick too, there's a mark for every weeks worth of oil in winter and I get it topped up when it has 3 weeks left.

caspers gone :mecry: :mecry:

I am sorry Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif, I lost Louie my GSD at 14 to fits too, they'd caused to much damage to his brain sad.gif

Sleep well Casper Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Getting really pissed off at my Dad, Mum is in a psychiatric hospital with very advance dementia, I live about 60 miles away and we've had the snow most of you are getting now since Boxing Day, so although the roads are clear, driving is still a hazard, especially when your windscreen piddlers are iced up solid and you have to travel on the motorway, but to Dad that's no reason to not come in, it's fine for him, he lives in the middle of the city and uses the bus mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifaxehead.png ....Mum and I used to loath him (he was a bully and a part time wife and child beater) but he had mellowed with age, and he's been great with Mum's dementia, but his "charming man" disguise is starting to slip and I'm seeing sign's of his old manipulative, attention seeking," do as I say not as I do" behaviour rearing it's head....well if he think's it's going to work this time he's in for a big bloody shock.

We were out for about two hours this morning with the dogs, some free running, some playing with a ball and some on the lead because we were near frozen lakes. Anyway they had a nice time, lots of fresh air, lots to sniff at etc and now - they're pacing around as if they haven't been out for a week. :wacko:

Celeste :GroupHug:

I was going to do all sorts with my free day off and then promptly fell asleep for 2 hours. Feel like I've spent the rest of the time outside. The dogs are loving it. I've not seen so many people out. Loads of em everywhere, kiddies, dogs I've not seen before.

I've put some food out for the birds as they'll struggle now.

Edited by Jacobean

Evening :wavey:

Lots of snow coming down at work, the golf course looks really pretty in the snow :biggrin: I went outside and made a snowball, like you do :laugh:

Not sure what I'll do tomorrow if the snow thats predicted does fall. If the roads are bad, I could in theory walk (the accountant lives round the corner from me and said it took him about 45 minutes in the February snow).

I live nearest so said if the roads were bad, I'd possibly try and walk but I'd take Wiggle with me - he could lie on me and keep me warm if I fall over :laugh:

Thanks for advice about the marked stick for oil measurement. I will ask my fuel company if they can supply one.

I *might* be having an emergency foster guinea pig here until the roads are clear and it can get to its rescue place.