UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

We've spoken to the vets, our vet is stranded in Oxford and can't get in although there are 2 interns there they have advised we cancel todays visit and play tomorrow by ear, if we feel we can get in tomorrow then we can turn up at any time without an appointment and they'll see us. As it is Rob's just walked up to the main road to be told that we are actually "cut off" at the moment as the police have closed the road just outside Wootton Bassett in one direction and similarily have closed the road through to Calne in the other ohmy.gif which means that we couldn't get to a vet even if we wanted to. I would think that the other road through Sutton Benger was closed a long time ago as thats the most dangerous one at any time and no way would we have even considered going down there in much less snow than this.

Very heavy snow here unusually,was lovely in the Park at 7.30 with the Ds who adore playing in it - not so lovely getting to work at 2.00pm and I have to go in as I work in a Residential Home and other care staff live much further away and won't I'm sure get in :( It's about a mile quarter so walking distance but means leaving the Ds even longer than I do already.

I don't suppose the care home would be on for you bringing the D's with you for once?

This has just made me giggle muchly on another board :laugh:

Crasher Seal Photobombs group of Penguins!

Imagine these poor penguins' surprise when they went to go pick up their pictures from the nearest 1 Hour Photo. Finally able to relax after months of withstanding the unbearably cold ancestral breeding grounds, all they wanted to do was take a group shot. But in an homage to crasher squirrel, some a-hole seal had to show up and ruin it. And of course, this is the only picture on the roll where nobody blinked.

original.jpg

Link to article

police have closed the road just outside Wootton Bassett in one direction and similarily have closed the road through to Calne in the other

I wonder if they are re-opened now as local radio & BBC travel website don't mention those :unsure: I'm keeping an eye on the road news to make sure I can get home :laugh:

Am in work (boo!) Snow came down and we have a few inches worth. Wont be able to get good shots of the snow though as its dark when I leave for work and dark when I come home. Doubt it will still be light n fluffy by the weekend. More likely grey and slushy if still here at all.

:laugh: at Celeste.

I have been teaching myself to crochet, never done it before. My sister reckons I will soon be able to watch TV at the same time but it's never going to happen. I have to say all the instructions for each stitch out loud as I go along. I made some fingerless gloves for my sister for Christmas, it only took me three months :biggrin:

Show off angry.giflaugh.gif

I also need to get some calor gas (so the dogs are telling me) and I need to get Mia to the vet as she is weeing blood sad.gif

Fingers crossed for Mia Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

This has just made me giggle muchly on another board :laugh:

Crasher Seal Photobombs group of Penguins!

original.jpg

Link to article

biglaugh.gif

Just spoke to my friend up the hill, she's still snowed in, been like that since the 18th ohno02.gif.

Lovely sunny day here, commiserations to everyone with snow and hating it big1.gif

:GroupHug: Alex and Mia

:angry: to snow's Nick's boss

My neighbour who works for the council tells me they have used the whole winter's supply of salt already, and are now keeping the rest (next winter's supply) for major arterial roads.

Hope Mia is okay :GroupHug:

I walked into work today coz I'm a wuz and don't like driving on the snow even though its only a smattering :rolleyes: However it has just started to snow again :unsure: Son is due to fly to Paris for a long weekend on Friday and I'm supposed to drive to Essex to pick up the munchkins, I forsee it may not happen :unsure:

One of my staff walked 7.1 miles this morning to get to work, the other walked 5 miles. This bunch really are incredible. Im going to put them in taxis home, and have requested they dont walk again tomorrow and have a day off if the roads havnt cleared. No gritters were out last night so all the main roads are nearly as bad as the country lanes :angry:

Owl, you can make your own oil level stick, our's is just a home made job, a piece of straight wood, a length of angled stuff from B& Q, all you need to do is dip the stick in the oil and mark where the level is, then a week later take the measure again and mark it, and then use that measurement to mark all down the stick, hey presto, your own measuring stick, tailor made.

I wonder if they are re-opened now as local radio & BBC travel website don't mention those unsure.gif I'm keeping an eye on the road news to make sure I can get home laugh.gif

No nothings been said on the news or on the websites, this came from a woman who said her husband had tried to get to Swindon but had been stopped below the hill in WB by the police and told to turn back, he then asked about going thru Calne way and trying to go lower Rd to Rwindon and apparently was told the rd from Lyneham to Calne was also closed. Rob made it up to the main road but says it looks pretty bad, nothing at all is moving on it not even 4x4's it's thick snow and no sign of any grit, it was probably done but not enough traffic has gone along it to activate it.

I'm getting madder and madder at Royal Mail - in severe weather postmen are told to use "common sense" as to whether to risk peoples pathways/drives etc. if they "choose" to go down a path and then subsequently fall over it is their own responsibility or the responsibility of the householder for not making it safe and nothing to do with Royal Mail mad.gif FFS they have sent them out carrying fecking heavy sacks and have told them they must stay out until their full finishing time and then they wash their hands of them and give them a disciplinary if they get hurt... bunch of tossers!