UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January Rmf

owl

we are up around 8-10 inches here all the main roads into the village are impassible even the newspapers havent made it to the shops.

steve and i walked down to the main road through the village to see if it was worth another go getting the van out but there are cars abandoned on the road, we nipped in tesco for milk and people are clearing the shelves of milk and bread. :wacko:

It's funny you should say that as we've got very little milk here I've just discovered so I'm going to troop off to the spar and get some before others decide to stock up. Martyn's in work and says there are very few people there. There are 100's who work in his building.

Morning everyone. New job was Ok yesterday, working 3pm-10pm Mon to Fri so not too bad :rolleyes:

My ex has requested me as a friend on Facebook - :rolleyes:

It has snow again here, there is at least 3 inches on fresh snow outside now

Had my acceptance letter from Sunderland Uni :biggrin:

Hardly anybody has made it into work today. The drive in was fun (not!). People were abandoning cars and walking. The roads on an incline were most interesting, especially with lorries broken down wacko.gif Several motorways closed and they said on the radio that people were getting out of their cars and building snowmen laugh.gif

Still not stopped snowing here, so we are going to leave at lunchtime (rather get snowed in at home than here!).

Morning everyone. New job was Ok yesterday, working 3pm-10pm Mon to Fri so not too bad :rolleyes:

My ex has requested me as a friend on Facebook - :rolleyes:

It has snow again here, there is at least 3 inches on fresh snow outside now

Had my acceptance letter from Sunderland Uni :biggrin:

Yay well done Cheryl

Excellent news, Cheryl, well done :flowers:

And a large raspberry to your ex :mad: Maybe he thinks that because you have picked yourself up and completely turned your life around, that makes his conduct somehow OK?

Take care and get home safely, Ms Merle.

Snowing heavily and steadily here. We have provisions for all of us, enough for a couple of weeks. Just praying the oil doesn't run out. The gauge on tank doesn't work, been on about it to landlords agents ever since I've been here. I can only check it by climbing on stepladder to take lid off the filling point and shining a torch inside. And I only go up stepladder outside if there is someone to steady it, as ground is uneven. If oil runs out we have enough coal and electric heaters to manage. If we lose the leccy, it will be coal fire and camping stove.

Edited by owl

Good grief it's deeper than I thought out there. Buses are creeping along. Martyn said someone was half way up a a bridge that goes over the M62 got stuck and slid back down into the car behind. There were 3 accidents on his journey. It's just not worth it. Says she sitting comfortably at home. I've taken some pics while trooping to the shop up the road. They're probably rubbish.

Safe journey home all those who made it to work.

Just starting to snow :err: Picked up a small heater from Tesco just as back up heat in the kitchen area,not really what I need but no time to go into town to get a bigger one.On Saturday when I went in they must have had 40 of these on the top shelves,plus a dozen or so to actually pick up - today there were just 3 on the top shelves and 5 to carry away :ohmy: Had a lovely walk with the Ds up in the community orchard close to Tesco,was very pleasant.There's a large pond up there that's totally frozen over so took Duncan's ball away after he dropped it down the bank onto the pond and set off in hot pursuit - luckily it was blocked by a stick right at the edge but just shows how quickly these things happen.I have to get into work for 2.00pm,definitely not driving though,will cycle in - the route is via mostly country lane with footpath so will stick to that where it's safe to do so.

We are still snow free here although looking out of the office window I can now see heavy grey clouds thickening up and less and less glimpses of blue sky so I think their time estimates could be about right - forecast is for snow to start here from around 2pm but get very heavy over night. I need to nip to Tesco on my way home and get milk as we're just about out, might just grab some extra fags whilst I'm at it just in case.

So sorry Alicia :GroupHug:

Well its snowed a bit, rained a bit, snowed a bit :wacko: dont think its settling though although cant see out into the real world only our courtyard where the decking is soaking. Am contemplating cancelling my grooming appointment this evening if snow does build up as Im not used to driving in the snow and its uphill to the house.