UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your arm gets better soon, Rachael.

Great pics, Alex.

Went on the mountain early, met a few dogs and people we know, had a very long walk during which Wispa put up a snipe.

Rang Mummyowl to wish her happy 90th birthday, and found her and auntie very excited. Footprints in the deep snow in their back garden, and not reindeer either. Cat. 4" across, and with 2 ft between front and back paws. Very heavy, went through to the ground. Crossed the line of back gardens by hopping over the fences. Neither mum nor auntie have a camera or cameraphone, and sister won't arrive until 4 by which time the prints may have melted as everything is thawing quickly at the moment. There have been a lot of big cat sightings around Worksop for a number of years. 2 of mum's friends have seen them.

Edited by owl

Been for a very nice walk in the snow at the Carrs. Sparks and Kiera just love playing in the snow and they have me in stitches! Kiera nearly went home with someone else who insisted on giving her lots of treats :wacko:

On the way there the fog came in all of a sudden, thick and fast. Couldn't believe the number of people who obviously slowed down because they couldn't see, but didn't think to switch their lights on! :ohmy: :( I must've flashed my lights at a couple dozen to alert them, and was happy when at least one driver did switch them on. Another driver wasn't even looking at the road, and on her mobile as well - in this weather! Madness!

Okay, foggy rant over, I've also got the bestest crimbo present EVER: a painting of Billy Idol!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Seeing as I was nicknamed after him that didn't make me half laugh! Thanks Purrpuss!! :flowers: :flowers:

The guys got lots and lots of treats for pressies and are now recovering from round one :wub: :wub:

Oooo how exciting for mummyowl :pinkie:

We had a lovely long walk with doggie and human friends, but the ice/snow has badly damaged the dogs' paws - it's quite literally sliced the skin off their pads in places, so please be careful when you're going out flowers.gif

I need to find out if Pets at Home does neoprene dog boots so I can get some tomorrow otherwise the dogs will all be housebound until their paws heal.

Great pic Marge. :wub:

Keira went out for a short mooch round the block, but that was it. :wub: This from a dog who used to boing to get her frisbee a couple of weeks ago, she is definitely not feeling her best. :( I will keep a close eye on her over the next couple of days and if she is not improving we will be heading back to the vets from some more advise.

The other two are in their usual daft form of course and have had there own frisbee throwing walk. :laugh:

Crikes thought today was going to be a nice relaxing day :wacko: got up, got dressed, got dogs out, had breakfast and dogs had a bit, then all in the car to see motherinlaw.. 30 mins turned into 3 hours.. :rolleyes: as relatives kept turning up..

Went out to Victoria Park and dogs had a great run round and tired themselves out, got back in car and we nipped in the pub for a quick drink..

Came home and went to put the turkey in, supposedly fresh Turkey, it wasnt lol, I opened it and went ewwwww and threw it straight in bin :laugh: We could stop giggling so having a buffet today instead :biggrin: and having the standby turkey tommorrow :0)

Just opened all our pressies about an hour ago and dogs are fast asleep now, so im rubbing Paw Wax on them now as they were slipping and sliding on house.. Collies doing 100 mph on ice and skidding lol.. must think to put paw wax on tommorrow before we go out again..

Been a lovely day and we all got some lovely pressies..

Hope you and your furries all had a lovely day as well xx :GroupHug: lol cant hardly move now, flaming osteoarthritis, taken tablets and got in me pjs lol..and im in for the night :rolleyes: I Hope pmsl x

yum im all full up and we've not even had the chocolate fudge cake with thick jersey cream that is for dessert yet :D i foresee a nap coming on later.

hubby is fiddling with his new computer, the dogs are either sleeping or gnawing on venison bones except maude and pickle who are both transfixed by the same thing, hubbys new slippers which are furry bulldog slippers :laugh: pickle wants to kill the imposters :rolleyes: , whilst maude is too wary to take her eyes off them in case they come to beat her up and keeps giving them shady looks :laugh:

i got a fab huge canvas print from hubby of Pickle, and a new mop bucket :unsure: apparently a couple of weeks ago when he asked me whether there was anything i really wanted i muttered "a new bloody mop bucket" now why did i not say a trip to the bahamas :rolleyes:

Been out again on mountain, met a few more of the locals doing likewise.

I was going over to have dinner with Jan and Eddie, but Jan just rang to say the roads in between us are still very treacherous. Bit disappointed but would rather avoid a nerve-wracking journey and the risk of getting stuck somewhere. They suggest I come over tomorrow instead. No snow up in my village, but all the lower-down places are full of black ice and frost traps. Anyway, there is a nicely defrosted home-made quornherds pie sitting in the fridge, so can heat it up with some yorkshire puds, steam some veg from my vast collection in the freezer, and follow that with apple strudel and ice cream.