UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Jay went to Canterbury yesterday with friends with a 'Free Hugs - Merry Xmas' sign :laugh: They got lots of free hugs from shoppers, lots of cheerful smiles and free hot chocolate from the smoothie shop. I love my slightly wacky kids :wub:

What a lovely thing to do :wub:

Nice cake Julia, you are very talented :flowers:

Big :GroupHug: to everyone missing people and animals.

Mog, if you do set off and it's too bad to continue we are just off the A1 near Washington services - you are welcome to call in for a wee break/mince pie/stopover if necessary.

RMF: I have just been laughing at OH taking the dogs out (he doesn't 'do' bad weather). He's got enough layers of clothes on to climb K2 :laugh: If he falls over he won't be able to get up for the weight of clothes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RMF: I have just been laughing at OH taking the dogs out (he doesn't 'do' bad weather). He's got enough layers of clothes on to climb K2 :laugh: If he falls over he won't be able to get up for the weight of clothes.

My OH is like that, you should have seen him yesterday, layers on layers! He says " I am now at Clothes Defcon 1: maximum readiness!" I said " If it gets any colder, you won't have any clothes left to put on!"

Good luck Mog flowers.gif

I have just been to the garage to fill up with petrol and the roads were fairly quiet. Morrisons car park looked busy but the M602 (which I had to drive over on my way) was absolutely dead both ways.

Temperature has risen as well as the snow is thawing.

Edited by merledogs

morning. It has taken me 3 hours to get to say that :laugh: Total chaos here with loads of snow, 18 pets arriving, of which 16 are already in, 1 cat has gone home for xmas, and all staff have had their pressies. Trying to exercise big dogs on a snow filled lane is proving somewhat hazardous for the poor buggers :wacko:

Had a lovely walk this morning in the forest with big, fat, lazy heavy snowfall. Very hard work walking but, very enjoyable. Kept saying out loud "Lucy would have liked this"wub.gif

Drove home past Sainsbury at 7.30am and the car park was ram jam full unsure.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif Won't catch me doing that.

Am going up with decorations in morning to do one of the tree's. I do hope the snow stays. It's still deep on the road up there but, I've not missed a day since the snow started.

I tell you what. It doesn't half give your legs a workout walking in a foot of snow. It takes twice as long to do our normal route. Lottie still managed to catch a rabbit this morning ohmy.gif even though she's ploughing through snow up to her chest.

feeling a bit weird :mellow: was up early to finish packing and head off to Scotland, but since it snowed last night, and has now been snowing for the last hour I'm delaying until tomorrow, probably. So now I have a random part of a day to fill, surrounded by packed bags and boxes and wishing I had gone up earlier.

Must now walk to shops to get some food as I have none in :rolleyes:

The motorway up to Perth is completly fine Mog, but the Lothians and bottom bit of Fife are forecast for more snow tomorrow night, there's been a very light dusting of snow today but apart from that it's pretty fine here.

Darling Daisy of the Dinkle kindly had a dose of the "Urka Gurka's" this morning, all over the clean throw on the couch, thanks sweetie :glare:

Ben's put on a whole Kg in weight in about a week and a half :biggrin:

I've just received the most fabby calander from the poultry forum I use, we all sent in pics and the best ones were used, it really is beautiful, wondering if something similar could be done on here :unsure: ( my Kelly is Miss March :biggrin: )