UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow cooking turkey on Christmas Eve now that is organised...

Love the staffie scarf...very uhm...something :unsure:

Think I've wrapped all the Christmas presents, and OH's birthday presents - yay for brown paper...

Cats presents in Stockings for the morning...

Spent £60 on cheese and forget the camembert...oops...and the roule and goodness knows what else - but have about 15 different cheeses instead...many are vegetarian too, some of vegetarian goats cheese and many are full of yummy flavour (shame I can't eat most of them) the cheese man commented on my way out "that's a lot of cheese" oops...got carried away, in the bag is red thunder, green thunder, Cornish Yarg, brie, Emmental, Gouda, Bavarian Smoked cheese, Wensleydale with cranberries, stilton, goats cheese (something - that's for me :biggrin:) stinking bishop, something goats cheese like that is vegetarian with paprika - that's for me too...uhm can't remember the rest... :biggrin: (tis the only food I had to buy for Christmas and will last the 10 people attending Christmas quite some time I think!)

Chinese on its way...roll on the end of Christmas... :laugh:

Now to look for a new fridge freezer as my fridge is still freezering and the freeze is alternating between fridging and freezering, luckily veggie stuff isn't prone to giving me food posion :mecry:

I always cook the turkey christmas eve or overnight christmas eve night (if it's a big one) I am always super organised at christmas (the only time I ever am) because I hate having to spend christmas morning slaving away in the kitchen peeling and chopping veggies and trying to work out timings so everything is ready at the same time so doing the advance prep today means a less stressful christmas day biggrin.gif plus we're going over to Nick & Vickys early tomorrow morning to exchange pressies otherwise I won't see my son until boxing day - this is the first christmas he wont be here in the morning mecry.gif they want their first christmas together in their own home which I can quite understand. So tomorrow all I should have to do is the roasties, stuffing, sausage balls, make the gravy & put the veg on when we get back. It's riddiculous really I have gone to the exact same flipping trouble as I would if we had a houseful and theres only the 2 of us rolleyes.gif I prep boxing day today too, thats why the mash is made and a ton of veg prepared, then tomorrow all the veggies will be done for dinner but lots more than we will eat so that theres loads of "left overs" to add to the mash for the bubble n squeak, cold meats & pickles on boxing day -yummyyyyy.

Lots of thoughts for everyone missing a loved one, human or furry, this Christmas. :GroupHug:

I was going to spend tomorrow ferrying my friend Mary to see her son in residential care, and then back again. But his support worker went to see him today and took her along, so she has taken all his presents and won't be going tomorrow. He is OK with that, and she will now be staying home tomorrow and going to neighbours for dinner. So I have a free day, and will not be too tired to go to my friends Jan and Eddie for dinner in the evening :biggrin:

Edited by owl

tis strange the effort for Christas - this time next year hopefully I'll either be away somewhere warm maybe or wrapped up on my own with the two kitties!! Failing that I'll be trying to be sociable with family :rolleyes:

Owl - sounds lovely and relaxing and glad you won't be too tired in the evening.

Thoughts with those missing loved ones and furry ones.

xxx

Merry Christmas all :flowers:

Those 2 look sweet :wub:

I just got shouted at by bossyboots Polly for feeding the hamsters in the wrong order :rolleyes: I usually do Petal the robo last, but this evening I fed her first and Polly thought I had forgotten the other 3 and went mental.

I have peeled the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and sprouts. Stuffed the turkey, drank some wine (hic) and am now chilling out. All pressies are wrapped (there weren't that many). Enjoying a nice cold beer and considering a mince pie.

Merry Christmas to all my Fugee friends. Special :GroupHug: for those of you missing someone special at Christmas xx